Team for Watford

After that poor result what team would you play tuesday? I would play:

Ruddy

R Martin   Ward   Whitbread   Tierney 

Fox

Crofts                  Smith

Hoolahan/Pacheco

Holt            Jackson

After their performances today, Lansbury and Surman should be dropped as a wake up call, same with Pacheco unless Hoolahan isn''t fit (this may be harsh but I thought he was non-existant). Korey seemed very lively and hungry when he came on and Jackson seems to have gotten his confidence back.

[quote user="Crofts Number 1 Fan"]

Ruddy

R Martin   Ward   Whitbread   Tierney 

Fox

Crofts                  Smith

Hoolahan/Pacheco

Holt            Jackson

[/quote]

I''d pretty much go with that although I''d still have Surman in for the natural balance on the left (and he has generally combined well with Tierney).

Korey did alright when he came on today but I don''t think he has enough "know how" for this level and I really can''t see left of midfield being a good position for him.

I would also like to see either Lappin or Smith involved from the start - they will be hungry and give us some mettle and graft!

Smith looked hungry for a place, he impressed me when he cane on. I don''t think Surman looked quite on his game yesterday.

[quote user="baldyboy"]Would you pick Doherty at the back then Morty?

[/quote]Stop being a cock.My avatar is a picture of a tee shirt I own, I have used the same avatar for about 5 years, I feel no need to change it, especially if it annoys nob ends who presume I worship Gary Doherty in some way.That okay with you?

Same team for me. Just a different system. Play 4-4-2 with Surman and Lansbury wide. They played really well against the scum doing that and their is far less pressure then on Lansbury to get us ticking then. Surman and Lansbury definitely shouldnt lose their places on the back of one poor game. They are both class acts at this level.

Surely Jackson deserves a start? A hattrick against Scunny and looked our best striker yesterday.

I wouldn''t be surprised if we play the team that started the 2nd half. Jackson in for Surman and then drop back Pacheco and Lansbury.

For me Surman has to be dropped, i have criticised him a few times and he came out against Scunny and did a great job, he just always seems to be looking for the neat touch and it just  a bit lightweight on the old tackle- think yesterday''s game was prob his worse in a city shirt though, but in the first half it was half those players worse game i think. I would like to see Ward dropped (not on yesterday''s performance as whitbred was worse- i just don''t rate him highly and think he is our weak link) but without Barnett and without knowing anything of Edwards that is not going to happen, so my team would be (assuming wes is unfit)RuddyMartin  Ward  Whitbred  Tierney       Fox       crofts   Lappin   Lansbury/PachecoHolt JacksonIf you start with Jackson though it''s prob best to have Pacheco on the bench as this gives us another option if Jackson is having a poor game rather than having to stick Vokes, who is too similar to Holt, upfront.O how i wish we hadn''t got rid of the Admiral, i miss his no nonsense defending. Ward is a poor mans Rio Ferdinand, good on the ball but makes some sloppy mistakes