Sign in to follow this  
unique

Swansea were lucky

to be playing Norwich last night with Hoolahan out of the team.

Yes, they scored two good goals and an annoying third, but Norwich must have matched them shot for shot, without the same cutting edge.

I suspect PL set the team up for Lansbury to lead the diamond and for Pacheco to play off Holt. Apart from the first ten minutes or so, this didn''t happen. Whether it was the exuberance of youth, or the inbred desire of a player brought up at Barcelona, Pacheco spent the rest of his time on the pitch going deep to receive the ball, thereby negating the system and causing Lansbury to have one of his most ineffective games so far.

Holt, Pacheco and Lansbury were, after all, an untried combination, and even if Hoolahan remains unfit, I will be very surprised if PL starts the game with the same formation.

Norwich needed Pacheco to play in and around Swansea''s box far more than he did, as it is I can only remember one attempt on goal. In fact it''s fair to say that Korey Smith had more attempts on target than Pacheco and Lansbury combined.

We are undoubtedly weaker in defence than several of the teams around us, but I don''t doubt for one minute that no other pair of fullbacks in the Championship put in a shift like Tierney and Martin.

Norwich, when all is said and done, remain in the driving seat. They would have given most teams a good game yesterday, Swansea, at home, have been a force to be reckoned with.

Norwich were not overawed, but I''m sure, judging by Ward''s reaction towards the end of the match, they didn''t enjoy the taste of defeat. It also underlined why PL has been downplaying promotion the last month or so.

Watford aren''t the team thet were in the early part of the season and Forest are in freefall and without Earnshaw, so fully expect this Norwich team to return to winning ways.....

A good, down to earth post, which with posters like norfolkbroadslim shouting his mouth off about "play offs at best" is refreshing.I don''t necesssarily agree on the whole "Hoolahan would''ve made the difference" ideal some are taking. As you say, we had shots, we had good chances - we simply didn''t take them. I also think individually, Pacheo had more shots than Korey did, so I think that particular statistic is incorrect. I take your general point, though and agree entirelly.I fully expect this to be the catalyst which drives the rest of our season. We were not at our best yesterday, and I think will bounce back. Wins against Forest and Watford and our last three games are definitely win able. And I still fancy Swansea, who''s away form is appauling, and Cardiff, who were apparently the poorer side yesterday, to drop points.

Yeh I am not worried by yesterday either.2 fantastic goals that frankly would have beaten 9/10 goalies in the country and some really nice play. Dobbie and Dyer come to mind first.Fans were a bunch of c**ts especially the agro, shoulda been the bigger team as they just beat us !! Spoilt a good day out for most I''d reckon !Still we all know that it goes England > Scotland, Ireland , Wales , I guess its just genetic bred inferiority complex !!That 3-0 loss will be the catalyst for us to bounce back next game and the fact that Binner Priskin scored is a good thing as it will have pissed our boys off enough to ensure we go to Portaloo with vengence !!So in actual fact, thanx Priskin, you sealed us a guarented 3 !!