Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

worst of the season

just woke up after getting in at 2.30 after the long coach trip home and still cant believe how poor we were today!!! Lansbury was awful, I really cant understand why Jackson didnt start as when he came on we livened up. thought whole team looked tired so fear we may struggle again on Tuesday although i hope I am wrong!! Hopefully it is a wake up call and we will get the required number of points we need now!!

We pretty much matched a brilliant Swansea side in every department apart from the all important goalscoring one. No reason to be so down about it, the boys showed they cared and gave it their all. Onto Tuesday [Y]

We have played alot worse than that and taken 3 points. We had the chances but didn''t take them, then we found ourselves 2 down to wonder strikes that 9 times out of 10 fly over the bar. I think after the 2 games this week the mood will be brighter again.

cannot believe people think we matched Swansea? did you go to the game, because just about everyone who was there agreed it was awful!!!

Oh my god, were you one of the idiots stood near me? As soon as things weren''t going our way I heard "God that Tierney is lazy / shit",  ""F***ing hell Ruddy, get it kicked upfield", etc etc etc.I seriously wonder just how much some people actually know about football. If it weren''t for heroics from their keeper we were worth at least a point.

heroics from their keeper? two double saves what else did he do? sweet FA!! No thankfully I wasnt stood near you! But obviously you were happy, and I actually though Tierney did ok against Sinclair.

[quote user="baldyboy"]heroics from their keeper? two double saves what else did he do? sweet FA!! No thankfully I wasnt stood near you! But obviously you were happy, and I actually though Tierney did ok against Sinclair.[/quote]Proves how much you know...Tierney was on DYER and Russell  Martin was on SINCLAIR.

I think that the main difference was that week in, week out we usually have 10/11 players who play at the top of their game and we rarely have a player who gives bad performances.

From my point of view (I watched on Sky) I feel we had at least 4 players yesterday who fell well beneath usual standards - Whitbread, Ward, Crofts, Lansbury - and it is difficult to carry four players like that.

However, we didn''t play awfullly - we still played some lovely stuff but didn''t have an end product. I must say, Swansea are the best team we have played this season but we still had 3 points off them.

Watford Tuesday may be a different story - I feel that we will want to avenge this defeat, and Watford have dropped off lately.

Hopefully we will have Hoolahan available, and I would be tempted to play either Korey Smith (who looked good when he came on) or Lappin, this would give us a little more balance and cover in midfield.

[quote user="baldyboy"]heroics from their keeper? two double saves what else did he do? sweet FA!! No thankfully I wasnt stood near you! But obviously you were happy, and I actually though Tierney did ok against Sinclair.[/quote]Forget it mate. You keep on whining, you''re right, Norwich are crap.

[quote user="baldyboy"]cannot believe people think we matched Swansea? did you go to the game, because just about everyone who was there agreed it was awful!!!
[/quote]Take out the 2 wonder strikes and we matched them all game. It just wasn''t our day. had Pacheco / Holt taken the chance in the 5th minute they don''t then go up our end and score. Again had Holt buried the header which he would have expected to in the 46th minute its back to 2-1 and game on. There keeper pulled of some decent saves to deny us. I would say the last 20 minutes we ran out of ideas but the game could easily panned out differently.

rty, doesnt matter what I say you will always disagree!!! Great coming from someone whos avatar still pays homage to an ex player!! Go and support Charlton and pay homage to Doherty there!! And excited canary, Dyer played on the left and Sinclair on the right first half and then they swapped continually second half!!

[quote user="baldyboy"]rty, doesnt matter what I say you will always disagree!!! Great coming from someone whos avatar still pays homage to an ex player!! Go and support Charlton and pay homage to Doherty there!! And excited canary, Dyer played on the left and Sinclair on the right first half and then they swapped continually second half!![/quote]Are you sure? I am pretty much certain Dyer played right wing the whole of the game.

I thought Lansbury was poor, very ineffective. frustrating as we know what he can be capable of!! I thought Swansea were very good first half. Second half we had them pretty much hemmed in their half and just lacked a real goal threat.

Thought Korey Smith did well when he came on.

On another day, with a smudge of luck on our side we could quite easily have snatched at least a point if not all 3. Think the early double save and brilliant free kick knocked the wind out of our sails. Overall not the best, but certainy not the worst performance.

I think some people are blinkered by a scoreline. They see 3-0 and think we were rubbish. The first 2 goals were both top drawer, the 3rd when we had 10 men forward was a sucker punch. The score flattered Swansea IMO.

Excited Canary, watch it again and then we can agree to disagree, as Dyer played Right Wing first half!

It seems harsh to say we were awful when the opposition goalkeeper got man of the match. We played some good football at times but we were just missing that final ball. Swansea scored two unstoppable goals so lets forget all the negativity bulls**t and get real. Fair play to Swansea now lets beat Watford on Tuesday.

OTBC

Yesterday was always gona b bloody hard lets face it! They have an immense home record and barely conceed any goals either...

Unfortunately they got an early goal which I think greatly dampened our performance and in fairness we were all praying for the half time whistle. HOWEVER whatever PL said to those players in the dressing rooms worked, they came out and IMO were the better team in the 2nd half. Just one of those days we didnt get the chances. Completely unreasonable to say the worst performance of the season...

Bring on Tuesday :) We are still in a fantastic position far better than any of us would have hoped. I am glad the Swansea game is over and we can go on to get enough points from our remaining games to secure promotion.

OTBC

I avoided looking on here last night because I was so depressed. Looking back on a game we always knew was going to be very hard I am much happier.

Swansea are a very good side who were on there game yesterday. Generally the defence coped with what Swansea threw at them. Nothing could be done about the free kick and Whilst I admit we should have cleared our lines better for the second the strike was near perfect.

We created plenty of chances just couldnt put them away on the day. The third was always a danger and im sure that everyone prefers the way we go for it rather than settle for a deafeat.

I think we missed Wes but hopefully if we are able to stay positive our general consistancy has a good chance of carrying us through.

Swansea were very good on the day, we may have been slightly below par but certainly not bad.

Roll on Tuesday. We are still second

Noticed yesterday that Swansea''s shooting was near perfect where as ours was woeful. Holt and Pacheco''s shooting just didn''t come close and along with Smiths double effort just summed up the difference.

Have to say we just had a really bad day at the office and think we were too lightweight in midfield. Also think PL''s subs were wrong yesterday, as Pacheco was starting to come deep and become more involved in the game and Crofts at least was making takles.

Have to say was not impressed with Surman, Fox, and Ward but lets see what happens on tuesday.

Surman should look at the captains effort when chasing back, Holt showed character in chasing back whereas Surman looked like he couldn''t be bothered.

Let''s not beat ourselves up over this result. We lost to two brilliant goals, which on another day, wouldn''t go in. The third was just a result of us chasing a goal. We weren''t woeful. We showed some brilliant moves and pieces of mastery around the box. Their goalie made a couple of double saves that, again, on another day, would have gone in. Don''t get all pissy about this result and realise that Swansea are a good team. I think that a win apiece this season is fair.

Listen to Lambert - stay positive. Second place is still ours