Sign in to follow this  
CDMullins

Lets not pretend had Wes of played, the result would have been any different!

We had chances and missed them!

And he wouldnt have been able to do anything to prevent the goals!

Some posts on here are saying that is total proof that we need him in our team, but not even Wes would have changed that result today.

Take away them 2, 25 yard strikes and we matched them everywhere.

Sinclair must have had an ''off day'' today cause he caused us no danger what-so-ever. But to be fair the Swansea fans must be thinking the same about Holt.

But surely we would have created more chances had he played? Therefore, increasing the likelihood of scoring? Perhaps, Wes may have even scored one himself?

I thought it was obvious our link-up play was nowhere near as cohesive as it usually is with Wes in the side. We were often too loose in possession.

Lansbury and Surman both failed to impose themselves on the game and use the ball well.

[quote user="CDMullins"]We had chances and missed them!

And he wouldnt have been able to do anything to prevent the goals!

Some posts on here are saying that is total proof that we need him in our team, but not even Wes would have changed that result today.

Take away them 2, 25 yard strikes and we matched them everywhere.

Sinclair must have had an ''off day'' today cause he caused us no danger what-so-ever. But to be fair the Swansea fans must be thinking the same about Holt.[/quote]Yawn.Predictable, unsubstantiated Wes hate from a predictable, unsubstantiated Wes hater.He would have made a hell of a difference, as he has this season and the last.Grow up.

[quote user="Hoolahan Youlahan"][quote user="CDMullins"]We had chances and missed them! And he wouldnt have been able to do anything to prevent the goals! Some posts on here are saying that is total proof that we need him in our team, but not even Wes would have changed that result today. Take away them 2, 25 yard strikes and we matched them everywhere. Sinclair must have had an ''off day'' today cause he caused us no danger what-so-ever. But to be fair the Swansea fans must be thinking the same about Holt.[/quote]

Yawn.

Predictable, unsubstantiated Wes hate from a predictable, unsubstantiated Wes hater.

He would have made a hell of a difference, as he has this season and the last.

Grow up.
[/quote]

If I remember correctly he also seems to think Lansbury should be in the team instead of Fox.

Ive done nothing but praise him latly, so that doesnt wash anymore!!

We had our chances we wernt good enough, were still 2nd have have it in our hands.

No need for the doom and gloom, and no need for ''If Wes would have played we''d have won today''

And if Wes played, all those chances would have been the same?

With Wes, the game would have been completley diffrent.

[quote user="CDMullins"]Ive done nothing but praise him latly, so that doesnt wash anymore!!

We had our chances we wernt good enough, were still 2nd have have it in our hands.

No need for the doom and gloom, and no need for ''If Wes would have played we''d have won today''[/quote]Maybe, but its testament to how good he is that the only time you can criticise him is when he DOESN''T play.You get one chance to twist a poor result into slandering Wes, and you take it.He is the most technically gifted player we possess, to say he wouldn''t make a difference is stupidity.

Maybe I am biased against him, but you are certainally biased towards him.

To say he absolutly would have changed the result is also stupidity!

Its not like we didnt create chances today, which is Wes''s best attribute. We did, we just didnt take them.

I didn''t say he definitely would, i said to say he categorically WOULDN''T is stupidity.Of course, to say he definitely would is stupid.But players of Wes''s calibre are sought after worldwide because they are ''game-changers'' who have the ability to make a killer pass through a resilient defence.Which is why, regardless of bias, to say that such a player WOULD NOT change the result is idiocy.

If Wes had played, the same passes and shots etc wouldn''t have been made so the ball would have been at a completely different place at every given time and thus the knock on affect could have been that Borini/Swansea would have had that free kick. [;)]

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]If Wes had played, the same passes and shots etc wouldn''t have been made so the ball would have been at a completely different place at every given time and thus the knock on affect could have been that Borini/Swansea would have had that free kick. [;)][/quote]would NEVER have had**

This really isnt about how good/not so good Wes is.

But, there you go again, players of ''Wes''s calibre'' CHAMPIONSHIP calibre!!!

He is not Messi nor Ronaldo, he is playing the football of his life and still only playing in the Championship and doesnt get a look in when it comes to his international side

Whilst I dont think he is the player you think he is, you must realise you have him on a pedastal and he isnt quite as good as you think he is!

[quote user="CDMullins"]This really isnt about how good/not so good Wes is.

But, there you go again, players of ''Wes''s calibre'' CHAMPIONSHIP calibre!!!

He is not Messi nor Ronaldo, he is playing the football of his life and still only playing in the Championship and doesnt get a look in when it comes to his international side

Whilst I dont think he is the player you think he is, you must realise you have him on a pedastal and he isnt quite as good as you think he is![/quote]I''ve seen many people on here saying Wes should be in the ROI setup, and I agree.No of course he''s not Messi or Ronaldo, but he is one of the highest calibre players in the Championship..and last I checked, that''s the league we''re in.You gonna tell Barca fans that Messi won''t change the result of a La Liga match yet?

Can you maybe try to get your head around the fact, that if Wes, or any other player for that matter was playing from the start, everything would have been diffrent.

Course you think he should be in thr ROI squad, your evidently his number one fan.

Come on you admit, hes not as good as you think he is and I''ll admit im slightly over critical of him!

Yeah but I''m not the only one who thinks that, feel free to ask around.How do you even know how good I think he is, okay I said he''s the Messi of the Championship but in terms of creativity and build, the comparisons are there, he tears teams apart in this league, and maybe this is his level, maybe he can do it in the Prem, who knows?

Feel free to ask around??? On a Norwich City messageboard!!

Top 3 players of the year, Taarbt, Sinclair, Holt - No room for the ''Messi of the Championship''

If he were good enough to play in the Premiership he would be, if he were good enough to play for ROI he would be, but hes not!

He may well go up with us and do OK with us in the Prem, but hes no where near the kind of player you believe he is! Hes certainally not ''sought after worldwide''

[quote user="CDMullins"] if he were good enough to play for ROI he would be, but hes not! [/quote]

I think he probably is good enough to play for Ireland but international squad selections can often be a bit puzzling - especially if you''ve got a stubborn Italian incharge.

Look how long it has taken Scott Parker to finally get some genuine recognition from the England setup.

That stubborn little Italian hasnt been in charge of ROI for the whole of Wes''s career.

I dont know why people find it hard to accept that as much as we love him, he isnt really as good as this board likes to think he is!

As I have always said if he goes on to become a first team player a decent Premier league outfit and play for ROI then I''ll hold my hands up and say maybe hes better than I give him credit for, until then hes just a decent Championship player.

was large chunks of the game where city were trying to work everything into the box through the middle which was doing my noodle in

Wes Hoolahan is our best creative player and by some distance IMO. The whole of the pub I was watching the game in pretty much agreed we were definately missing him today. I hope he''s not out for too long.

Our attacks were a lot more disjointed without him, he always wants the ball and there were times in the final 3rd where players of ours were in possesion with little in the way of options.

[quote user="CDMullins"]That stubborn little Italian hasnt been in charge of ROI for the whole of Wes''s career. .[/quote]

Fabio Capello hasn''t been incharge of England for the whole of Scott Parker''s career either, has he?

But, going off the subject a bit, the other day you said you''d prefer to have Lansbury in the team ahead of Fox. Could you explain why?

And not just something basic like "because I think he''s a better player". I''d like to know how you think the midfield should look and what qualities each player does and doesn''t bring?

If you can make a good job of that then maybe we can move on to discussing Hoolahan.

So whats your point?

Wes as had the best part of ten years to play for ROI, and as had a handful of games under numerous managers.

Your not actually comparing Wes''s situation to Parkers are you, considering Parker played for Chelsea and was behind some one the Worlds best midfielders in Gerrard, Lampard and Hargreaves. You can bet your bottom dollar when them 2 are fit, Parker wont get a look in.

As for the Fox/Lansbury thing. I said at the time and before the match, that against Scunthorpe at home we could get away with playing Crofts at the base of the diamond, with Lansbury, Surman and Wes. Christ knows why I have to justify that to you!

As for discussing Wes, give me some evidence that he can/will/should be playing at a higher level!

[quote user="CDMullins"] As for discussing Wes, give me some evidence that he can/will/should be playing at a higher level![/quote]

Well to be fair I never said he should be, so I should probably leave that for someone who did say it.

I don''t really know what more there is to say on this one. I mean you''ve basically got a lot of Norwich fans who love Wes because he''s a joy to watch on the ball and is very influential to the way we try to play.

And then, for whatever reason, you just don''t like him as much.

You''ve set your stall out early and it''s very unlikely you''ll change your mind and I guess it''s the same for those on the other side.

Even if Hoolahan was on the pitch today, we wouldn''t of got anything. I''m not having a go about our performance, more the fact that everything seemed to go for Swansea today, whilst it just didn''t happen for us. We need to pick ourselves up and let our frustrations out on Watford. I think this result could actually do us good in the long run.

My big gripe is for every 2/3 sublime touches/passes he does, he gives the ball away 6/7 times.

This is entirly the difference between real World Class players and players like Wes, Sinclair, Taarbt as much as they "look'' world class in moments they can look very ordinary for the next 80 minutes.

City fans and in particular posters on here seem to forget the 6/7 times he gives the ball away and just remember the good things he does.

Maybe I am slightly over critical of him, but the facts are that he is 30ish give or take a year, as never broke into the ROI side and never played higher than the Championship.

Now the fact that youve disregarded your Parker and Fox/Lansbury argument seems to insinuate that you know im talking sense. And that as much as I love seeing Wes do a Cruyff turn and putting in a defence splitting pass, I dont forget the times he gives it away.

I like Wes and of course Id have him in my team. But hes not the World beater people on her think he is, some of the comments about him been ''sought after worldwide'' and ''the Messi of the Championship'' are laughable especially when the suggestion that he should play for ROI is backed up by ''well ask alot of people on here, they think he should too''.

Would be great if City fans could accept we have a decent Championship footballer and no a superstar.

Which goes back to the title, Wes Hoolahan would not have changed the result today.

CDMullins yawn yawn, No creativity in the middle missed his link up play, not the best player in the world but one of the most gifted to grace our side for years !!!!!!!

We''d of been better because Hoolahan would of given us more attacking impetus but we did have chances that wern''t taken and I feel if we''d of scored one goal then we''d of pushed harder for the draw!