Sign in to follow this  
hucks@dh6.co.uk

Swansea V Norwich match report on www.dh6.co.uk

Hi all,

My Report for yesterday''s massive game against Swansea City is now on dh6 have a look and tell me if you agree

http://www.dh6.co.uk/s14a1n134p1/Swansea-City-v-Norwich-City.html

cheers

Hucks

Can''t disagree with any of that. A good report.

Watford away and Forest at home now become massive games. I''d like 6 points rather than the 4 you mention though Hucks; just to keep us ahead of the pack. I can see Swansea getting maximum points this week.

Very fair report Hucks, i agree there were no standout performances in the team and Swansea were able to cope with us fully in the 2nd half. I think if that Holt header in the 46th min had gone in we would of had a very good chance. Swansea are very good defensively thday theough. I would say on their day they are the best team in the league, surprised with how many they lose away.What did you make of the CB partnership, they have been solid in the last 2 months really but yesterday they were both shown up i thought, some silly mistakes between them both and i also thought they were playing a bit to wide apart, like Blackpool''s defence, which allows the Swansea forwards to play through the huge holes. I understand the need for Whitbred to sit a bit deeper because of his lack of pace but at times he was 5 yeards behind Ward.What positions would you say need the most work on if we were to go up, or failing that, to challange for the title next season.I still believe we will go up, just need to cut out the silly mistakes at the back that have plagued us all season

Agree with it in the main. I would add that another bad point is the effect it had on our goal difference - technically a 6 goal swing in their favour which could be crucial come the end of the season. Just imagine how gutted we would be to end up in the play offs instead of the autos by a goal or two!

I think we have to be positive, we are still 2nd, still a point ahead and in true Norwich style it is in our hands. With Lambert in gthe driving seat and players like Holty on the pitch I have a feeling we have the right mentality to pick ourselves up and get 3 points at Watford on Tuesday.

I agree with the post about the centre backs, we left massive gaps down the middle for their forwards, which is all well and good for our passing style, but yesterday made us look vulnerable.

The stand out performer for me was Crofts, he made tackle after tackle, even though he got subbed. I hope I am wrong but I though Holt looked a bit tired, hopefully it''ll just be a one game thing. We were also much better for bringing on Jackson and pushing Pacheco deeper, pretty sure that is how we will start against Watford.

Hopefully that will be our last defeat of the season, things may look different again after Watford.