Sign in to follow this  
Weve (no longer) Got Angus

Why SO Downhearted?!

Alright we lost today, but we lost to a very good Swansea side! People seem to have forgotten that we were in League 1 only last year! Don''t get so down! I''m sure there are many like me that didn''t expect us at the start of the season to be where we are now with a handful of games to play!Lets just support the team, and try to be the 12th man to push us closer to promotion!

We lost yes but, attempts were even so if we are making chances, theres hope, if we were not making chances then i would be worried.Still in second, 6 games to go, we are in the driving seat, lets just see what PL says to team for Tuesday, see if the team make it right !!!

What a pointless thread with your sensible opinions and lack of knee jerk reactions! We are lucky there is only 6 games left! Had there been more we would have found ourselves in a relegation scrap with this poor run of form and the way we are leaking goals.

We were outplayed and thats all there is to it really.

We couldnt play our usual possesion game, we had little time on the ball.

They were the better side on the day.

It was allways going to happen at some point, that we would have a poor game.

Sh it happens, move on and play better next time.

I thought swansea where very lucky last night, two early goals after we had played some good football early on in the game. but have to give credit to swansea because they defended well. and tbh they goalkeeper was far their best player, we had chances but it didn''t creep in unlucky day really but we still have a few games left still 2nd so the ball is still in our court.

I am just going to state the facts. We are 2nd in the table. We have a 10 point cushion from 7th. The playoffs are pretty much assured. We are 1 point clear of Swansea and Cardiff. We are playing Derby, Forest and Coventry out home who are all out of form. Every side has difficult away games where they will drop points. Only QPR would not swap places with us at this stage in the season. ILWT

I felt ok at 2-0 down and thought we gave a reletively good account of ourselves but that 3rd goal really annoyed me!

Not only was it both a shockingly bad display of defending and goalkeeping, it really added an undeserved layer of gloss to the scoreline for Swansea.

It goes from being a respectable away defeat against one of the best teams in the league to a bit of a hammering (and our biggest of the season/under Lambo?) from our closest rivals at a vital stage of the season. I''m not sure what that does physcologically to both teams.

It also made our goal difference one worse than both Swansea and Cardiff.

A defeats a defeat though so maybe this is just me!

does it not count for anything that Sky gave man of the match to the Swansea keeper? I didn''t think we played especially bad, just that Swansea scored 2 absolute belters that Ruddy could do nothing about. I did think some player underperformed but i wouldn''t say we were awful overall.

Swansea are excellent at home and showed that yesterday. but had Holt taken his excellent chances we would have got something out of the game and could have won, yet his finishing was weak and we were made to pay.

At the back Ward looked ropey and Whitbread was unimpressive too. All in all a bad day at the off ice

Yet despite that 3-0 flattered them but we are still second, with our fate in our hands. So many promotion chasing team have faltered - we have only done so at one of the strongest home teams who are chasing the second spot we currently hold. Anyone expecting an easy win there is a poor sadly misguided fool;

We still have tough games ahead and by staying behind the team things will soon be back on track.

How we bounce back is crucial and we have to hope we dont bottle it having got ourselves into a fantastic position. I dont for a moment expect Lambert to allow that to happen

[quote user="El Asesino"]Alright we lost today, but we lost to a very good Swansea side! People seem to have forgotten that we were in League 1 only last year! Don''t get so down! I''m sure there are many like me that didn''t expect us at the start of the season to be where we are now with a handful of games to play!Lets just support the team, and try to be the 12th man to push us closer to promotion![/quote]Thank you Delia.

Time to stay calm people. We were going to lose a game at some point and its no disgrace to do it against a very good Swansea side. We are still in a great position and our destiny is in our own hands.