Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

The glory hunting element to our support....

I know as we''re in with a chance of premierleague football we should expect it but FFS yesterday was just ridiculous.

I dont mean the people who dont make many games because of financial or other restrictions I mean the people who have only started ''supporting'' us since this good run.

The amount of people yesterday who went just to wind the swansea fans up was just ridiculous.. get behind the f*cking team instead of waving plastic sheep- oh and of course if Ruddy doesnt wack the ball up to midfield or the strikers they launched into a tirade of booing! They were probably the same people who booed because we didnt beat Donny and Preston.

The team needs real support at this stage of the season not day trippers more insterested in the premier league scores yesterday. I sat behind a group yesterday who didnt even know what score we beat Scum by! They thought it was ''either 2 or 3 1 and that Hoolahan scored 2 and Holt got the other''.

OTBC

[quote user="CT"]I know as we''re in with a chance of premierleague football we should expect it but FFS yesterday was just ridiculous.

I dont mean the people who dont make many games because of financial or other restrictions I mean the people who have only started ''supporting'' us since this good run.

The amount of people yesterday who went just to wind the swansea fans up was just ridiculous.. get behind the f*cking team instead of waving plastic sheep- oh and of course if Ruddy doesnt wack the ball up to midfield or the strikers they launched into a tirade of booing! They were probably the same people who booed because we didnt beat Donny and Preston.

The team needs real support at this stage of the season not day trippers more insterested in the premier league scores yesterday. I sat behind a group yesterday who didnt even know what score we beat Scum by! They thought it was ''either 2 or 3 1 and that Hoolahan scored 2 and Holt got the other''.

OTBC[/quote]As I''ve said before.... quality not quantity.The support has been hopelessly dumbed down over recent years and this is what happens. It''s the wallet rather than passion which drives far too many these days.

Amen to that CT.

It was bordering on hysteria from some quarters after yesterday.

Its great to see a team that builds from the back, a keeper that uses his back four, the considered build up and passing. Yet the anger and frustration if it isn''t launched long and high...crazy!

And waving plastic sheep at the Swansea fans-hm, there''s original,bet they''ve never seen that before! I know, I know, "I pay for my ticket and that entitles me to wave a plastic sheep at the opposing fans because I am a wit and chap of some character" bla bla bla...

Whats going to happen if we end up in the play offs and don''t make it, will the old Wolves-type banner be shown at Carra'', "you''ve let us down again"? It wouldn''t surprise me!

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="CT"]I know as we''re in with a chance of premierleague football we should expect it but FFS yesterday was just ridiculous. I dont mean the people who dont make many games because of financial or other restrictions I mean the people who have only started ''supporting'' us since this good run. The amount of people yesterday who went just to wind the swansea fans up was just ridiculous.. get behind the f*cking team instead of waving plastic sheep- oh and of course if Ruddy doesnt wack the ball up to midfield or the strikers they launched into a tirade of booing! They were probably the same people who booed because we didnt beat Donny and Preston. The team needs real support at this stage of the season not day trippers more insterested in the premier league scores yesterday. I sat behind a group yesterday who didnt even know what score we beat Scum by! They thought it was ''either 2 or 3 1 and that Hoolahan scored 2 and Holt got the other''. OTBC[/quote]

As I''ve said before.... quality not quantity.

The support has been hopelessly dumbed down over recent years and this is what happens. It''s the wallet rather than passion which drives far too many these days.
[/quote]

Agree again. Seems that there are those that expect, by right, their financial investment in the team to demand success as an entitlement in return-and when it doesn''t happen, condemnation is the end game. Hopefully yesterday was a one off, on and off the pitch and Watford will get us on a run again.

[quote user="CT"]I know as we''re in with a chance of premierleague football we should expect it but FFS yesterday was just ridiculous.

OTBC[/quote]I was not at the Swansea game like it appears you were so cant comment on the atmosphere there. But i do no see anything wronjg with the sheep, it''s all part of the banter, espicially when we are losing without a way back in. From what i heard on the tv anyway we were drowning out the Swansea fans easily.Another thing i dont get is why would the glory hunter fans travel all the way to Swansea when the game was on tv, makes no sense what so ever, it''s only goin to be the die hard fans who go that far when you can watch it from your armchairs, so you are in fact criticising those who attend most away games i expect and have been following city for years.The booing at the game sounds crazy, as it was against Donny- Norwich fans have big expectations which is very fair considering what we have done over the last 2 seasons, but booing your team in this position is never right. You see it at all levels of football now i am afraid, i rmemeber last year spurs fan booing thier team and they were in the champ league spots for the first time. It just goes to show that when a team is doing well thney have more pressure on them to perform week in week out or fans start getting bitchy- it''s not right but it seems to be what football has become.

Kind of agree and disagree.You pay your money, you can do what you like, I agree the sheep thing is hardly original, but if it helps you have fun then fill your boots.But people going all that way to support their team can hardly be classed as glory hunters, well unless you''re an armchair "fan" who doesn''t go to game anymore says so of course.I didn''t hear any booing yesterday, I was surrounded by some right whiney arses though.

[quote user="itstheruddyfuture"]Get over yourself OP, you sound like a spoilt child squabbling over whose ball it is.[/quote]Its Cluck''s ball, its a heavy leather one with laces on it, and he''s taking it home with him, we''re not allowed to play with it.[;)]

cant complain at our away support too much. it was only a few years ago we were taking poor numbers and all sat in near silence every game.

[quote user="itstheruddyfuture"]I had one of those once, it was a George Best Football. I always wondered what happened to it.[/quote]Have a look up your arse....There''s clearly a severe blockage going on somewhere in your life.

I really don''t get some of our fans! Moaning when we take over 2000 to Swansea on an evening game, live on SKY! Would you rather us take 150 people CT? The sheep bit is just a bit of banter which adds to the atmosphere.

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="itstheruddyfuture"]I had one of those once, it was a George Best Football. I always wondered what happened to it.[/quote]Have a look up your arse....There''s clearly a severe blockage going on somewhere in your life.[/quote]

You want to look up my arse now??

Only if you get your head out of your own.

[quote user="itstheruddyfuture"][quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="itstheruddyfuture"]I had one of those once, it was a George Best Football. I always wondered what happened to it.[/quote]Have a look up your arse....There''s clearly a severe blockage going on somewhere in your life.[/quote]

You want to look up my arse now??

Only if you get your head out of your own.[/quote]I think I actually suggested you look up your arse....Thanks for the offer anyway.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]Lots of plastic sheep, eh?

Sounds familiar.

OTBC[/quote]I heard the luvvie glory sheep were actually waving each other and infact no plastic sheep were present....Don''t know how true it is though.

[quote user="itstheruddyfuture"]You brought up the interest in my arse halfwit.[/quote]It was you who sought personal contact though.That makes you the batty boy, not me.