Sign in to follow this  
Viva_Marc_Libbra

Crawling out the woodwork...

couldn''t make yesterdays away trip unfortunately due to work commitments but did managed to nip off at about 5 to catch it at an unnamed establishment in Fakenham town centre.

The amount of people in there ''cheering'' on Norwich compared to the game shown on Sky against MK Dons was ridiculous. The one where we lost in a very unsavoury fashion and probably should have won, the score escapes me but Chris Martin scored a cracker.

Anyway, the point is, all these part time fans come out as soon as we''re any where near the Premier League and ruin the experience for us and for the players. I''ve seen the tweets aimed at Ruddy, it''s disgusting. Obviously we''re entitled to our opinion but having watched the game I thought we were incredibly unlucky.

Pacheco & Holt went incredibly close within 5 minutes- we were all over them and then they score an incredible freekick followed by another strike which 9/10 times wouldn''t have gone in. We''re 2-0 down and wondering quite how that''s happened. This is when the discontent started amongst the ''fans''. We were keeping the ball as Lambo knew at 2-0 up Swansea would need to be hounded to retain posession. It''s 30/40 minutes in and the ''fans'' are screaming for the ball to be pumped long, they haven''t watched us all season we play the ball around, that''s our game.

Another day and we''d have won/drawn, Korey goes close twice, Grant has two headers flash just wide.

These jokers don''t help anyone, fortunately they weren''t at the game it was embarrassing. They didn''t even know all the players names, I appreciate support for our club- but when they don''t know what they''re talking about and they start leaving 70/80 minutes through because "we''ve got no chance"- even though we''re all over them.

I apologise this doesn''t make all that much sense, but it frustrated me beyond belief. It''ll be the same for Forest at home on Friday- but fortunately I can take my regular seat in the Barclay and instead listen to the jokers behind me who still think Russell Martin is a ''weak link''.

And another one gets all up himself because the team are doing well and people are proud of their city.

Who cares if they don''t know their Chris Martins from their Russell Martins, without all these people topping up the ground we wouldn''t be able to manage in the premiership if we got there.

From another thread, it''s not just your ball. You have to let other people play with it and in time learn about our club.

You literally have no idea.

I''m not saying that, if they get behind the team all the better. I''m glad of the support along with other fans I''d imagine, more revenue etc etc.

However these aren''t fans. They expect us to win every game, we didn''t even get beat comprehensively yesterday. It was a tight affair and the teams were separated by two wonder goals and some pretty good goalkeeping and they still left the pub early. They abuse the players- John Ruddy is one of our finest performers all season. He made some wonderful saves and his distribution was wonderful and when fans abuse him, what kind of impression does that give of the rest of us. It''s embarrassing.

Well thankfully they don''t go to the games to shout abuse at our players and if they did, they would get abuse shouted at them from fellow fans!

[quote user="itstheruddyfuture"]And another one gets all up himself because the team are doing well and people are proud of their city.

Who cares if they don''t know their Chris Martins from their Russell Martins, without all these people topping up the ground we wouldn''t be able to manage in the premiership if we got there.

From another thread, it''s not just your ball. You have to let other people play with it and in time learn about our club.[/quote]Utter crap.Quality not quantity again. 18,000 proper vocal supporters would lift the roof off at CR just as they did before the patsy brigade moved in. I suggest to you that plenty of clubs make it with a much smaller season ticket holding than NCFC... but then their owners work hard at the job and don''t just sit back and milk their cash cow.

Pople will always more suppot a team going ell more than what they do when they are doing rubbish - human nature!

This applys to regulars as well. Certainly if we were having a mediocre season, Swansea away on a Saturday teatime would have been off my list and no doubt many others!

Yeah we lost but to 2 very good goals and another at the end which happens sometimes. Yes we missed Hoolahan but if we''d of taken one of our chances then I feel we''d of run Swansea close!

Can''t believe some are critiscising Ruddy cause he kept us in it before half time and the 1st 2 Swansea goals were unstoppabale!

I can understand others casting around for a cat to kick because we lost a game but you Clucky make an art-form out of it.

Give us our ball back!

Show me a club in the premiership with 18,000 "proper vocal supporters" that isn''t either in massive debt or doesn''t bounce back between the premiership and the championship and it will be bankrolled by a fat arab.

[quote user="itstheruddyfuture"]I can understand others casting around for a cat to kick because we lost a game but you Clucky make an art-form out of it.

Give us our ball back!

Show me a club in the premiership with 18,000 "proper vocal supporters" that isn''t either in massive debt or doesn''t bounce back between the premiership and the championship and it will be bankrolled by a fat arab.[/quote]Can you hear me whinging about losing to Swansea? I don''t think so... because football at any level inevitably involves losing sometimes. Promotion or not it will have been a miraculous season in my opinion.... and it''s sad to see the NCFC wannabees with their Man United psyche obsessing about the Premier League as if it is ''everything''.This is the classic dumbing down of football as a ''sport''... and the need for the new age spectator who wants to see NCFC on the telly playing the big clubs instead of the likes of Bristol City and Scunthorpe.I suspect it''s all about them rather than the game they purport to follow.

No, you whinge win or lose, thats why I said you make an art-form out of it.

I can understand you being afraid of being an outdated miserable anachronism. It''s because you are.

Like King Canute waving back the waves, a near lone voice railing against the future.

Never mind, you''ll be dead soon, either the blood pressure or the sour grapes will do for you.

[quote user="itstheruddyfuture"][/quote]Nope... didn''t get that.But then hot air does tend to be invisible.

No, didn''t notice you mentioning your mythical wonder premiership team with 18,000 "vocal supporters".

If you''ve run out of an argument it''s usually the last refuge of idiots and cowards to claim not to understand when they are dead in the water.

Blub blub........

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="itstheruddyfuture"]And another one gets all up himself because the team are doing well and people are proud of their city. Who cares if they don''t know their Chris Martins from their Russell Martins, without all these people topping up the ground we wouldn''t be able to manage in the premiership if we got there. From another thread, it''s not just your ball. You have to let other people play with it and in time learn about our club.[/quote]

Utter crap.

Quality not quantity again. 18,000 proper vocal supporters would lift the roof off at CR just as they did before the patsy brigade moved in. I suggest to you that plenty of clubs make it with a much smaller season ticket holding than NCFC... but then their owners work hard at the job and don''t just sit back and milk their cash cow.

[/quote]

And talking about crawling out of the woodwork, here''s the biggest woodlouse of them all.

[quote]we didn''t even get beat comprehensively yesterday. [/quote]

I''d say 3-0 was pretty comprehensive.

I''m not disappointed by the loss as I never expected us to win all 7 of our last games. My disappointment was more in the way we lost, who we lost to and the impact it has on our position/holding in the table and our promotion chances.

It''s Sky''s fault. We all know that.

[quote user="itstheruddyfuture"]No, didn''t notice you mentioning your mythical wonder premiership team with 18,000 "vocal supporters".

If you''ve run out of an argument it''s usually the last refuge of idiots and cowards to claim not to understand when they are dead in the water.

Blub blub........[/quote]Clearly one of ''wounded'' luvvies I''m referring to.... Ne''er mind... you''ll move onto something new soon. Have you tried watersports?

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="itstheruddyfuture"]And another one gets all up himself because the team are doing well and people are proud of their city.

From another thread, it''s not just your ball. You have to let other people play with it and in time learn about our club.[/quote]Utter crap.Quality not quantity again. 18,000 proper vocal supporters would lift the roof off at CR just as they did before the patsy brigade moved in. I suggest to you that plenty of clubs make it with a much smaller season ticket holding than NCFC... but then their owners work hard at the job and don''t just sit back and milk their cash cow.

[/quote]I have come to the conclusion that you are either the biggest wind up merchant on this board or you are in fact special needs.You need as many fans as possible in your ground to survive these days, it''s one of the biggest revenue makers for any clubs, if we were filling 18,000 every week we would be in administration- fact! IF we were to make it to the prem and cement our place for a couple of years we would need to increase our capacity to increase revenue and allow us to keep competing in that league with a healthy balance sheet. Fulham are only there because of a wealthy owner, i would much rather us be there with a self sustaining football club.Look at Tottenham, if they don''t make it into the champ league again next season they are going to be forced to sell key players because there ground capcity is to small to be competing at the top of the prem. Why do you think Arsenal increased thier capacity, they don''t have a wealthy owner and they need the revenue from selling out a huge stadium to help them compete.Delia does not Milk the club for anything, i know she''s had her stick but you cant knock the money she has put into the club with little personal reward for herself!I used to think you were just a miserable old git who lives alone somewhere and probably descended from some good old Norfolk inbreds, but now i think you may be locked in a mental asylum with nothing but your internet and sorry self to get you through your days.Why don''t you just leave this message board you bring nothing to it whatsoever except annoyance to others, which it appears is your aim.I am not one for personal attacks on here and think this may be my first, but you really are pathetic

[quote user="itstheruddyfuture"]Wrong again dopey.

Watersports? Why, because I''ve pissed all over you?[/quote]In your dreams luvvie.

[quote user="priceyrice"][quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="itstheruddyfuture"]And another one gets all up himself because the team are doing well and people are proud of their city.

[/quote]I have come to the conclusion that you are either the biggest wind up merchant on this board or you are in fact special needs.You need as many fans as possible in your ground to survive these days, it''s one of the biggest revenue makers for any clubs, if we were filling 18,000 every week we would be in administration- fact! IF we were to make it to the prem and cement our place for a couple of years we would need to increase our capacity to increase revenue and allow us to keep competing in that league with a healthy balance sheet. Fulham are only there because of a wealthy owner, i would much rather us be there with a self sustaining football club.Look at Tottenham, if they don''t make it into the champ league again next season they are going to be forced to sell key players because there ground capcity is to small to be competing at the top of the prem. Why do you think Arsenal increased thier capacity, they don''t have a wealthy owner and they need the revenue from selling out a huge stadium to help them compete.Delia does not Milk the club for anything, i know she''s had her stick but you cant knock the money she has put into the club with little personal reward for herself!I used to think you were just a miserable old git who lives alone somewhere and probably descended from some good old Norfolk inbreds, but now i think you may be locked in a mental asylum with nothing but your internet and sorry self to get you through your days.Why don''t you just leave this message board you bring nothing to it whatsoever except annoyance to others, which it appears is your aim.I am not one for personal attacks on here and think this may be my first, but you really are pathetic[/quote]Classic. My point perfectly made about non local ''supporters'' not having a clue about what NCFC actually represents and where it is geographically based is all about.Well done.

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="priceyrice"][quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="itstheruddyfuture"]And another one gets all up himself because the team are doing well and people are proud of their city.

[/quote]I have come to the conclusion that you are either the biggest wind up merchant on this board or you are in fact special needs.You need as many fans as possible in your ground to survive these days, it''s one of the biggest revenue makers for any clubs, if we were filling 18,000 every week we would be in administration- fact! IF we were to make it to the prem and cement our place for a couple of years we would need to increase our capacity to increase revenue and allow us to keep competing in that league with a healthy balance sheet. Fulham are only there because of a wealthy owner, i would much rather us be there with a self sustaining football club.Look at Tottenham, if they don''t make it into the champ league again next season they are going to be forced to sell key players because there ground capcity is to small to be competing at the top of the prem. Why do you think Arsenal increased thier capacity, they don''t have a wealthy owner and they need the revenue from selling out a huge stadium to help them compete.Delia does not Milk the club for anything, i know she''s had her stick but you cant knock the money she has put into the club with little personal reward for herself!I used to think you were just a miserable old git who lives alone somewhere and probably descended from some good old Norfolk inbreds, but now i think you may be locked in a mental asylum with nothing but your internet and sorry self to get you through your days.Why don''t you just leave this message board you bring nothing to it whatsoever except annoyance to others, which it appears is your aim.I am not one for personal attacks on here and think this may be my first, but you really are pathetic[/quote]Classic. My point perfectly made about non local ''supporters'' not having a clue about what NCFC actually represents and where it is geographically based is all about.Well done. [/quote]haha joke on you ''special'' one (and that''s not used in the same way Jose likes to use it!). I am a ''right'' Norfolk boy, born and bred watched city since i was 6. I go to uni in Leeds that is all.Make a point back to me, i have shown you why we need to be filling the crowd and the need for a larger stadium if we make it to the prem, now give me your argument as to how we would cope with 18,000 a week, or just walk on and find someone who will jsut have a slagging match. I am trying to get a proper debate with you going but it seems i was right, you are just on this board to wind people up and have nothing to back up anything you ever say/claim

Can''t see whats wrong with it in fairness. The more people who may buy a replica shirt next year the better. If glory hunters or arm chair fans want to convert to City and it means a hundred quid or so from each, then so be it. If you have got your season ticket renewed then it isn''t going to affect you in the slightest. If we want a 35000 seater stadium, and we want to fill it, then that is what needs to happen. I bought my first season ticket for several years at the start of this season, had one for 13 years straight before that. As a kid I got used to 15000 to 16000 gates each week, but you don''t hear me moaning that 10000 of our fans each week weren''t turning up in 1995, I think that its fantastic. I just got tired of Doomcaster and Co, and reserved my right to stop pumping money into a football club full of morons. I caught a few home games and a few away games in League One, and McNally won me back.It doesn''t mean that I rushed out to buy a Liverpool shirt, it means that I didn''t have to get depressed each Saturday because I was having to endure the worst City team in my lifetime. It''s good to see our club growing, that is what happens when you play nice football. If Norwich becomes to Norfolk what Barcelona are to Catalan then f''in great. Its better than seeing gates fall every year, like that shit club down the road. I had some idiots in the promotion season last year saying that I wasn''t a real fan because I didn''t have a season ticket. Really? Am I really more of a fan now because I have a bit of plastic? If anything you could have said that I was more of a fan last year when trudging up to Elland Road to sit alongside 1200 City fans on a cold Monday night when I could have been sitting in a Norwich boozer watching the game on Sky and asking the barman to turn the gas fire up.... like most of the "real fans". Didn''t go this year, but a lot more than 1200 did ;-)  Sorry for the rant, but it does feel good to get that off of my chest.

Totally agree with those who say "the more the merrier". Football IS big business now, and if you want to be a football purist there are hundreds of non-league clubs which run on a showstring - when they get more investment, they tend to move up the Leagues, which sort of proves the point. If we want the club to continue to grow and achieve, we need every supporter, everyone''s money is the same. I know those who have been Norwich supporters for many years may feel peeved when they can''t get tickets for big games, for instance, because of "new" fans, but the club does try to be fair regarding ballots from what I''ve seen - however, a quart doesn''t go into a pint pot, and some "deserving" supporters will always lose out. Nevertheless, more money (wherever it comes from) will help our club, which can only be good at the end of the day.

[quote user="priceyrice"][quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="priceyrice"][quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="itstheruddyfuture"]And another one gets all up himself because the team are doing well and people are proud of their city.

[/quote]I have come to the conclusion that you are either the biggest wind up merchant on this board or you are in fact special needs.You need as many fans as possible in your ground to survive these days, it''s one of the biggest revenue makers for any clubs, if we were filling 18,000 every week we would be in administration- fact! IF we were to make it to the prem and cement our place for a couple of years we would need to increase our capacity to increase revenue and allow us to keep competing in that league with a healthy balance sheet. Fulham are only there because of a wealthy owner, i would much rather us be there with a self sustaining football club.Look at Tottenham, if they don''t make it into the champ league again next season they are going to be forced to sell key players because there ground capcity is to small to be competing at the top of the prem. Why do you think Arsenal increased thier capacity, they don''t have a wealthy owner and they need the revenue from selling out a huge stadium to help them compete.Delia does not Milk the club for anything, i know she''s had her stick but you cant knock the money she has put into the club with little personal reward for herself!I used to think you were just a miserable old git who lives alone somewhere and probably descended from some good old Norfolk inbreds, but now i think you may be locked in a mental asylum with nothing but your internet and sorry self to get you through your days.Why don''t you just leave this message board you bring nothing to it whatsoever except annoyance to others, which it appears is your aim.I am not one for personal attacks on here and think this may be my first, but you really are pathetic[/quote]Classic. My point perfectly made about non local ''supporters'' not having a clue about what NCFC actually represents and where it is geographically based is all about.Well done. [/quote]haha joke on you ''special'' one (and that''s not used in the same way Jose likes to use it!). I am a ''right'' Norfolk boy, born and bred watched city since i was 6. I go to uni in Leeds that is all.Make a point back to me, i have shown you why we need to be filling the crowd and the need for a larger stadium if we make it to the prem, now give me your argument as to how we would cope with 18,000 a week, or just walk on and find someone who will jsut have a slagging match. I am trying to get a proper debate with you going but it seems i was right, you are just on this board to wind people up and have nothing to back up anything you ever say/claim[/quote]No joke on me sunshine.. Any pseudo ''Norfolk'' person who describes his own kind as ''inbreds'' has an issue with his alleged roots. Pure and simple.

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="priceyrice"][quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="priceyrice"][quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="itstheruddyfuture"]And another one gets all up himself because the team are doing well and people are proud of their city.

[/quote]I have come to the conclusion that you are either the biggest wind up merchant on this board or you are in fact special needs.You need as many fans as possible in your ground to survive these days, it''s one of the biggest revenue makers for any clubs, if we were filling 18,000 every week we would be in administration- fact! IF we were to make it to the prem and cement our place for a couple of years we would need to increase our capacity to increase revenue and allow us to keep competing in that league with a healthy balance sheet. Fulham are only there because of a wealthy owner, i would much rather us be there with a self sustaining football club.Look at Tottenham, if they don''t make it into the champ league again next season they are going to be forced to sell key players because there ground capcity is to small to be competing at the top of the prem. Why do you think Arsenal increased thier capacity, they don''t have a wealthy owner and they need the revenue from selling out a huge stadium to help them compete.Delia does not Milk the club for anything, i know she''s had her stick but you cant knock the money she has put into the club with little personal reward for herself!I used to think you were just a miserable old git who lives alone somewhere and probably descended from some good old Norfolk inbreds, but now i think you may be locked in a mental asylum with nothing but your internet and sorry self to get you through your days.Why don''t you just leave this message board you bring nothing to it whatsoever except annoyance to others, which it appears is your aim.I am not one for personal attacks on here and think this may be my first, but you really are pathetic[/quote]Classic. My point perfectly made about non local ''supporters'' not having a clue about what NCFC actually represents and where it is geographically based is all about.Well done. [/quote]haha joke on you ''special'' one (and that''s not used in the same way Jose likes to use it!). I am a ''right'' Norfolk boy, born and bred watched city since i was 6. I go to uni in Leeds that is all.Make a point back to me, i have shown you why we need to be filling the crowd and the need for a larger stadium if we make it to the prem, now give me your argument as to how we would cope with 18,000 a week, or just walk on and find someone who will jsut have a slagging match. I am trying to get a proper debate with you going but it seems i was right, you are just on this board to wind people up and have nothing to back up anything you ever say/claim[/quote]No joke on me sunshine.. Any pseudo ''Norfolk'' person who describes his own kind as ''inbreds'' has an issue with his alleged roots. Pure and simple.[/quote]If you cant joke about yourself and your roots you need a sense of humour Paul. why you highlighted alleged roots, why would i lie about being from Norwich, you want my school records, maybe my birth certificate? I think your looking to pick holes in my argument because you don''t have anything to say to back up your opinion? Look others on here agree about the stadium increase and see the need for it if we were to sustain ourselves as a prem team, not tell me how you would propose to do that with the quality of fans rather than the quantitiy? The only possible way would be for those 18000 fans to all be rather wealthy and wouldn''t mind paying over 100 quid a ticket, however i think if that was the case those fans would start to walk away from the club.Why do you always look to argue with people over nothing rather than actually have a debate/argu over your opinions. I am trying to get that going and you are to focused on personal attacks all the time.I know some of what i said has been personal, but like i explained earlier you are like a virus on this messageboard, prove me wrong and engage in intellectual discussion- if you can!