Sign in to follow this  
ncfcfan

Crofts

Thought he was shocking today. Kept giving the ball away or just running with the ball into nowhere when he should of passed. Let''s hope that was a one off or should we give him a rest on Tuesday and let Smith get a start who looked impressive.

Really? I thought he had a reasonable game and was surprised to see him taken off. Surman, however, I thought was poor.

I think that was partly due to a complete lack of movement in front of him. Lansbury and Surman were awful first half and Pacheco was dropping really deep so nothing was going on.

At times he had no choice but to run into nowhere. Usually once he''s won the ball Wes would be popping up all over the place to recieve it or take it off him. He was sorely missed tonight.

Yep let''s drop Andrew Crofts after his 1st poor performance of the season (as questionable as that is)

FFS. Some people after every defeat are looking for goats to scape.

He was no worse than the rest of the midfield.Thought Ward was the worst player followed by Surman & LansburyBad day at the office plus Wes was missed.Smith looked hungry though and i thought Ruddy was good. (apart from the 3rd goal)

Crofts retained the ball well, won a lot of headers and got stuck in when required - was one of the better players! I think he was taken off because he wasn''t venturing forward as much as usual and Korey has a little bit more pace.

Why not rest him for one game and then get him back for the other games firing on all cylinders. Lambert has done it with others and it has worked.

Would you do the same with Holt? He didn''t get a shot on target.

............That''s the reason why!

Strange how different people can perceive the same performances so differently.I thought Crofts was utterly immense. I have never, ever seen a player so determined not to be beaten in my life. With bravery, skill & a huge will to win I saw him fight his way out of many situations where he had no right to emerge with the ball at his feet. Brilliant. Surman looked like one of the few players with the vision to unlock their defence. He was involved in all our good moves.Their goals knocked the stuffing out of us. After the 2nd the energy levels of several players - Fox, Lansbury, Patcheco, even Holt - dropped significantly. Although he wasn''t actually responsible for any goals, Whitbread looked dangerously casual sometimes.The scoreline flatered Swansea. 2-1 would have been about right; Korey was incredibly unlucky not to score. Swansea played well, in particular when closing down our midfield, something we''re normally best at.Ah well. We live in interesting times. Won''t be over for a while yet ..........

When so many players have ''bad'' games, you have to give some credit to the opposition. I didn''t see any lack of effort today.

I thought Crofts played well too and was determined to win the ball and not afraid to put in a challenge. I was quite suprised when he was substituted.

Screw it, let''s stop making excuses for them...they are all shit and should all be sold for the maximum we can get...I''d settle for £5 plus a bag of skittles for any of them.

Crofts was his usual battling self and I felt he played superbly by scrapping for everything he could.

The substitution seemed to be for tactical purposes - we were chasing the game and Korey was the correct sub in this context.

Surman however didn''t have his best day at the office today....

[quote user="ron obvious"]
 Surman looked like one of the few players with the vision to unlock their defence. He was involved in all our good moves.

. Although he wasn''t actually responsible for any goals, Whitbread looked dangerously casual sometimes.

[/quote]

I don''t enjoy focussing on the negatives but I think it''s worth pointing out a couple of things:

Firstly, did you notice how Surman was weak in the middle of the park and gave away the ball cheaply which directly lead to them breaking away and winning the freekick for the first goal? That wasn''t the only time it happened but it was certainly the most costly. Certainly not one of his better games.

Secondly, I''d say Whitbread was very responsible for the third goal - he made a total hash of defending it on the touchline and then his attempt to play it back to Ruddy was woefully short.

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="ron obvious"] Surman looked like one of the few players with the vision to unlock their defence. He was involved in all our good moves.

. Although he wasn''t actually responsible for any goals, Whitbread looked dangerously casual sometimes.

[/quote]

I don''t enjoy focussing on the negatives but I think it''s worth pointing out a couple of things:

Firstly, did you notice how Surman was weak in the middle of the park and gave away the ball cheaply which directly lead to them breaking away and winning the freekick for the first goal? That wasn''t the only time it happened but it was certainly the most costly. Certainly not one of his better games.

Secondly, I''d say Whitbread was very responsible for the third goal - he made a total hash of defending it on the touchline and then his attempt to play it back to Ruddy was woefully short.

[/quote]I agree that Surman isn''t the strongest on the ball, but I thought today he was the most creative. I think with people like Fox, Crofts, & Hoolahan (his tackling & closing down of players this season has been much improved) you can incorporate a player like Surman who gives you something a bit different. Today I thought the problem was that Lansbury & Fox (who I really like) faded after Swansea''s second goal.I was saying goodbyes to my family when the 3rd goal went in, so couldn''t really see who was at fault. Whitbread is such a classy player, but he does have his Rio moments unfortunately.

The only thing Crofts can be found guilty of today is trying a little bit too hard, he really tried to take the game by the scruff of the neck, but it just didnt quite come off for him today. Suggestions of ''resting'' him are ludicrous.

[quote user="CDMullins"] Suggestions of ''resting'' him are ludicrous.[/quote]

Agreed.

Oh here we go again with the scapegoat finding!

Crofts was nowhere near shocking!

He was his usual hardworking self, driving the team on and winning balls that he wasn''t favourite to get!

Yes it wasn''t one of his best performances but he was for me one of our better players before he went off.

Sometimes you have to put your hands up and say we were beaten by the better team and we didn''t take any of the our chances which would of changed the pattern of the game!

Crofts was fine.It was just one of those days when too many players aren''t quite at 100%, but Crofts certainly wasn''t one of them!

The only problems were 2 wonder goals by Swansea, and a few missed chances by Norwich. Could have easily been a draw on another day.

Crofts, Pecheco, Surman all OK. No single player was to blame. The force wasn''t with us on this trip to foreign lands.

Have to agree with a lot of what has been stated previously here...Crofts looked immense from where i was sat.  I can see that by being substituted it will have rung alarm bells in the minds of those who wish to moan....i mean he wouldnt have been subbed if he was playing well right?!I thought Sinclair looked totally average and Crofts was a big part in that im sure. the way he went in for everything and the desire he has is incredible.  Perhaps it was not his best game of the season but definitely doesnt deserve any of the stick some idiots wish to dish out.As for the rest....well i dont think we played THAT badly but were caught out down our left hand side a lot.  Ward wasnt great at the back but i have to say bar winning headers and a few vital defensive blocks, i thought Whitbread looked very dodgy.  Seemed to be pulled all over the place and Borini caused both our CB''s a mountain of problems.

[quote user="Sir Humphrey Appleby"]Screw it, let''s stop making excuses for them...they are all shit and should all be sold for the maximum we can get...I''d settle for £5 plus a bag of skittles for any of them.[/quote]Good point.  Do we need to bring Glenn Roeder & Bryan Gunn back to manage the Transfer side of things?Think about it - Gunn brought in Holt, Roeder brought in Hoolahan so both have proved they know what they''re doing.  Lambert''s done great things on the pitch, but some of his signings look questionable at best.

Why is everyone beating themselves up over one result , yes we missed chances and conceded 3 goals to one of our rivals for promotion  .No need to panic we have not become a bad team overnight we  are still in the driving seat win all our games and we will be promoted.What ever ends up happening this season it has been amazing season ,lets get behind the lads OTBC

I thought Crofts did well. He is incredible competitor and he tried to drive the team on. Collectively most of the team failed to hit their usual high standards. Against a team like Swansea you cant afford for that to happen. But that was only the team''s 2nd defeat in 18 games! You can''t expect them to maintain that level of performance in every game.

he was actually one of the better players on view for City!! If you want shocking look at Ruddy, the 2 centre backs, martin, holt, surman and worst of all was Lansbury!!!!

Have to say Crofts was decent today for his effort, admitedly part of his game was missing today but he showed more intent than Surman.

Thought it was a bad day at the office and we move on. We need to learn from it as the game was never a 3-0 result but it we don''t take our chances and gift the other team a few gilt edged chances we are going to struggle in games.

We couldn''t hit a barn door yesterday, seemed we used up all our luck in front of goal last weekend.