Sign in to follow this  
MC Fearfull

What happens if we lose on tuesday/win on tuesday

are you talking about in terms of reactions on the pinkun?

Winning will result in us being shortly crowned champions, dead certs for champions league next year, while losing will be somewhere between playoff at best to apocalypse imminent

If we lose we stay on 70 points, if we win we move up to 73 points!

But I will throw this one in for you.....what happens if we DRAW?!

If we lose we will not get any points and loads of posters will crawl out of the woodwork to tell us that the sky is falling in and they always said we would not get promoted. If we win we will get three points and will still be second with 5 games to play. There is also a 33.333333333333333333% we might draw, in which case we will get a point.........

I would take 4 points from next 2 games personally. Before yesterdays game, I maintained that 3 wins, 2 draws and 2 defeats would be sufficient for us to go up and I still believe that.

Swansea (a) was one of those where it would be the likliest of our remaining fixtures that we would lose. Now we have 6 left so to get automatic I think we can afford 1 more defeat (if we lost 2 then the onus would be to win the other 4 which would not be impossible but difficult at least).

Also, we are still 10 points away from 7th with 6 games to go, so whatever happens in the next 6 games, at least we should have a play off place to fall back on (which, lets be honest was what we were realistically aiming for until very recently).

Keep the faith!!

[quote user="ThorpeCanary"]are you talking about in terms of reactions on the pinkun?

Winning will result in us being shortly crowned champions, dead certs for champions league next year, while losing will be somewhere between playoff at best to apocalypse imminent[/quote]

Like it Thorpe Canary!

Fair enough, I just think that if we lose and Cardiff and or Swansea win, we are 2 points behind and playing catchup with 5 games left. And if we win and Cardiff and Swansea lose we are right back in the position we were in before the Swansea game.

I think the added pressure (if you are the sort who feels pressure) is as you point out, we have TWO clubs breathing down our neck, both on the same points, both just one point behind us. It makes it more of a challenge.