Sign in to follow this  
spencer 1970

NCFC- sort your website and phone system out...

...your set up is like a village team. What is going to happen IF we reach the P-Off final at Wembley?

why cant your phone system simply put the callers in a queue rather than say "due to high volume, cant connect, please call agin later" - i''d rather call up once then hang on for as long as it takes? And even the village website cant handle the influx

"Due to the high volume of activity, we are currently unable to connect you"

rubbish! grrr!

It wasn''t like this for the Cardiff final in 2002!

They do put you in a queue as well but at the moment the calls mean there are at least 15 people in front of you. I too am finding it frustrating though as i have been trying since 9am. Also I seem to remember people queued right around the stadium to purchase play off tickets in 2002.

OTBC

"at least 15 people" - wow! that many eh? ;0) Lets be honest, the phone system should be able to handle more than that. I reckon NCFC keep it that way as you have to phone up throughout the day and a 40 x 5 second calls soon tot up and go straight in the ncfc bank as is a 0844 number. Still i cant complain, I used the work phone.

...but its my company...DOH!

I reckon I was on hold for 3 hours for the play off final in 2002.

no fear, finally got through on the web and booked 2 and 2 cust numbers on 2 pc''s...proper Wall St action!

[quote user="morty"]Must be all the glory hunters coming out of the woodwork![;)][/quote]

I agree...or all the "Johnny come latelys" and NCFC nu-jacks...all this promotion lark must be exciting to them too.

From recollection of buying play-off tickets, the queue is for 50 people. Once it exceeds that number, that pre-recorded message is given. Obviously it depends how many people are on telesales as to the volume of calls they can handle. I believe Mr Cullen had extras in for the play-off final sales.

[quote user="spencer 1970"]"at least 15 people" - wow! that many eh? ;0) Lets be honest, the phone system should be able to handle more than that. I reckon NCFC keep it that way as you have to phone up throughout the day and a 40 x 5 second calls soon tot up and go straight in the ncfc bank as is a 0844 number. Still i cant complain, I used the work phone.

...but its my company...DOH!

I reckon I was on hold for 3 hours for the play off final in 2002.

no fear, finally got through on the web and booked 2 and 2 cust numbers on 2 pc''s...proper Wall St action![/quote]That 0845 trick really is a big con which is why almost all companies use it. At least at NCFC you do join the queue fairly quickly when you can get through but that seems to have happened less and less as the season has progressed.Unfortunately for us there is no landline number you can use instead. Normally the website '' saynoto0870 '' offers an alternative landline, ie, cheaper, number but in NCFC''s case sadly it doesn''t.Still, it could be worse. Does anyone remember the 60p-a-minute 09068 12 11 44 recorded info line ? That was a real rip off but doesn''t seem to be advertised any more. Out of curiosity I rang the number recently only to get, " Welcome to Norwich City Football Club news " ......then silence.I''ll look out for the 60p on my next bill as I''ll bet they''re still charging any, ahem, mugs who still ring in.....

The website was also unable to cope, it took many attempts to get to the stage where you could actually buy anything.