Sign in to follow this  
unique

How refreshing....

....to read pieces by the players these days, compared to the drivel that used to come out under the leaderships of Grant and Roeder.

Russell Martin is absolutely spot on with everything he says in the pink-un article today.

There is every hint that Swansea may not have helped their cause on Saturday evening by over celebrating their win.

It suggests that the Norwich players have not only been greatly disappointed by the final scoreline, but perhaps more importantly, they have been considerably offended by Swansea''s over-exuberant celebrations in the dressing room afterwards.

It would appear to me that on Saturday night the Swansea City players saved PL any need to motivate his players for the next two games,and indeed, may have inadvertantly enhanced Norwich City''s chances of promotion this season.....

Great point. It really appears that the club these days - from top to bottom - is driven and motivated. For Martin to actually reference the Swansea celebrations in a post-match interview obviously means it''s made a mark on him and he wants to correct it. Like he says, we''re still firmly in the driving seat and can still have the last laugh on Swansea in 6 games time

Couldn''t agree with you more, pal. I like that the players were hurt by this. It''s what strives success. When the final whistle went I said to the people I was watching with ''I hope they are hurting''.

Yep, good point. I was fed up with the articles I kept reading about players "being up for the fight/the next game" during the last months of our relegation season. There is clearly a very different spirit in the dressing room now.