Sign in to follow this  
flecky76

After the Lord Mayor's Show

Just read Russell Martin''s piece and this is very interesting for me. It doesn''t surprise me that Swansea were celebrating as if they had won promotion already as even by watching the game on TV, you could sense this was the general feeling at the Liberty.

However, with them having focussed on this game so heavily, it will be interesting to see how they deal with tomorrow''s game against Hull, who''s away form is 2nd to none - indeed now the best in the league I believe (haven''t checked for sure!).

It really therefore could be a case of "after the lord Mayor''s show" for them tomorrow. With a feeling of jubilation and "we did it" running through their thoughts, the harsh reality is they haven''t and that there is another equally difficult game against an abbrasive Hull City coming up.

Nigel Pearson''s team will offer Swansea a completely different type of test than the one NCFC posed them and I for one will not be in the slightest surprised with the Swans fail to pick up another 3 points in this one.

The victory on saturday may have shown Swansea there is light at the end of the tunnel but I have a sneaky feeling it could just be a train coming the other way...

Well....here''s hoping at least ;-)

Well you can hope that it turns out like that but it is still in our hands and that is what we must focus on..  If we beat Watford then no matter what they do they cannot go second because we will be there.

“That’s the hurtful thing – you have to sit there in the next changing room listening to them celebrating"

I hope the thought of this spurs on the City boys between now and the end of the season.

Nothing more motivating than listening to your rivals celebrating.

Our team should take heart from it - wild celebrations from Swansea mean that they probably weren''t expecting to come out on top. It''s not in their hands, it''s in ours, so OTBC!