Sign in to follow this  
Salopian

Any news on Wes?

If there has been an announcement, I have missed it.

IF Wes is out for the rest of the season, PL will hardly be able to conceal it for much longer by saying nothing. As each game passes, it will become more obvious.

I hope that things are more positive, - that Wes will appear suddenly in a line-up. We certainly needed him on Saturday.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="NCFC4LIFE"]He will be back for the Forest game![/quote]Source?[/quote]Apparently he was never in contention for Swansea, and is doubtful for Watford. Not entirely sure if that means he will be back for Forest, but fingers crossed - we need our best players for the last six games that''s for sure.

Lambert quote on Football365:"Wes Hoolahan could be fit for Tuesday. We will

have to wait and see on Sunday. I wouldn''t like to play against him.

He''s a top player and his form has been outstanding."

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]I reckon he''ll be on the bench for Tuesday. Pacheco to play in Wes role. Lansbury to drop to bench. Holt and Jackson up front.[/quote]

Holt and Martin up front....

Make of this what you will. Anyway I follow ''peterhoolahan'' on twitter, and I believe this to be his brother. Not sure if it is, but could be. He said: " he has lots of fluid on his hamstring...he shud be playing on friday!!!!".

Now I am not saying this is or is not his brother, or whether this is true, but time will tell. I see no reason why not.

what makes anyone think Martin will get a look in, let alone start. Crap all season 4 goals. I would be surprised if he makes the bench.

[quote user="Barnett is King"]Make of this what you will. Anyway I follow ''peterhoolahan'' on twitter, and I believe this to be his brother. Not sure if it is, but could be. He said: " he has lots of fluid on his hamstring...he shud be playing on friday!!!!".

Now I am not saying this is or is not his brother, or whether this is true, but time will tell. I see no reason why not.[/quote]Fluid on his hamstring lol? I could be wrong, but I have never heard of such a thing. You can have excessive fluid in your knee joint, but in a muscle?I call bulls**t!

I know this sounds like one of those tenuous rumours but a mate of mine retweeted a tweet last week from someone who said they bumped into Wes at the station and he said that his hamstring was sore but at that point he was not 100% ruled out of the Swansea game. Obviously that game was too soon (and tomorrow may be too) but I expect him to re-appear quite soon. I guess they don''t want to take too much of a chance because we may need him for the playoffs!

[quote user="Barnett is King"]Make of this what you will. Anyway I follow ''peterhoolahan'' on twitter, and I believe this to be his brother. Not sure if it is, but could be. He said: " he has lots of fluid on his hamstring...he shud be playing on friday!!!!".

Now I am not saying this is or is not his brother, or whether this is true, but time will tell. I see no reason why not.[/quote]It is his cousin, and yes it is real. He told me on Saturday before the teams had been announced that Wes wouldn''t be playing, also if you go on his Facebook profile you can see photos of him at Wes'' wedding so I have no doubt he is genuine.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Barnett is King"]Make of this what you will. Anyway I follow ''peterhoolahan'' on twitter, and I believe this to be his brother. Not sure if it is, but could be. He said: " he has lots of fluid on his hamstring...he shud be playing on friday!!!!".

Now I am not saying this is or is not his brother, or whether this is true, but time will tell. I see no reason why not.[/quote]Fluid on his hamstring lol? I could be wrong, but I have never heard of such a thing. You can have excessive fluid in your knee joint, but in a muscle?I call bulls**t![/quote]"Placing ice on the injured hamstring two to three times per day for 15 to 20 minutes each time helps to decrease the build up of fluid in the muscle."That''s from some fitness website, so I guess he could be right.

[quote user="Excited Canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Barnett is King"]Make of this what you will. Anyway I follow ''peterhoolahan'' on twitter, and I believe this to be his brother. Not sure if it is, but could be. He said: " he has lots of fluid on his hamstring...he shud be playing on friday!!!!". Now I am not saying this is or is not his brother, or whether this is true, but time will tell. I see no reason why not.[/quote]

Fluid on his hamstring lol? I could be wrong, but I have never heard of such a thing. You can have excessive fluid in your knee joint, but in a muscle?

I call bulls**t!
[/quote]

"Placing ice on the injured hamstring two to three times per day for 15 to 20 minutes each time helps to decrease the build up of fluid in the muscle."

That''s from some fitness website, so I guess he could be right.
[/quote]

Justn spoken to my other half who''s a Physio, she said thats right, getting fluid could be down to tearing any blood vessels as part of the damage to the hamstring. cause in essence your pulling or tearing the muscle fibers and these all have blood supplying them..

Friend at work had was round his for a barbecue on Saturday and apparently he wasn''t hopeful about playing tomorrow.

Haha the sneaky guy that I am, I have managed to find his sister on FB and she says the same as his cousin! Highly doubts he will play tomorrow but should play some part on Friday!

unless he has progressed better then expected he will be back for ipswich, he told me himself as i served him in the bank i work, also interestingly he sees cardiff more of a threat then swansea.

http://norwichcity.myfootballwriter.com/2011/04/11/lambert-left-to-ponder-on-whether-to-risk-his-wessi-at-watford-tomorrow-night-a-big-call-for-manager-and-player/