Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Tierney

Since when has he earned the right to snap & snarl at his team mates like against Swansea?

Lambert needs to watch the effect of that on team morale

And is he really better than Drury?

OTBC

I didn''t see him snapping and snarling at the other players and if he was so what?  He performed better than most yesterday and whilst he was pulling his weight a few others weren''t and if he was giving them a kick up the backside good for him.

And at the moment he is better than Drury.

I think the moment you''re referring to is when he had a throw in and was shouting ''HOLTY'' ''HOLTY'' for him to meet his short throw, certainly didn''t seem like he was ''snarling''I''ve been impressed with him, no reason to slate him in my opinion!

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]Since when has he earned the right to snap & snarl at his team mates like against Swansea?

OTBC[/quote]

" I c a lart of games niel, I listen too radio narfolk every week, an sometymes they is on the tele as well, so i do c a lart of games..... no niel... no I warnt at tha game "

It''s great to see the newest player organising play - he is fast becoming as reliable and as threatening as Russell Martin, which is great news for us.

He''s a totally different player to Drury in both style and personality. Is he better? Hard to call really but either way we have two good left backs and in a strong squad with proper competition for places the player in posession of the shirt has it to lose.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]Since when has he earned the right to snap & snarl at his team mates like against Swansea?

OTBC[/quote]

" I c a lart of games niel, I listen too radio narfolk every week, an sometymes they is on the tele as well, so i do c a lart of games..... no niel... no I warnt at tha game "[/quote]

''Nexus :- To be tied or conected to something regardless of distance or time.''

You were saying..........?

OTBC

[quote user="Largey"]It''s great to see the newest player organising play - he is fast becoming as reliable and as threatening as Russell Martin, which is great news for us.[/quote]

How many players do you think we should have organizing play then? Give or take a couple.

OTBC

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

He''s a totally different player to Drury in both style and personality. Is he better? Hard to call really but either way we have two good left backs and in a strong squad with proper competition for places the player in posession of the shirt has it to lose.

[/quote]

Ageed.

OTBC

Defenders snap and snarl at each other all the time, its what they do, whether it be sunday league or the EPL

Professional footballers arnt going to get in a huff and sulk, at the end of the day, if something needs changing or sorting out (as it did against Swansea) id rather see the players sorting each other out when required than saying nothing while walking away with their head down

We''ve seen this season that our players are willing to back each other up when need be, and im pleased to see their also willing to give each other a kick up the backside!

And he looks hard. I wouldn''t mess with him.

Quality signing, and at the moment better than Drury...akthough maybe his experience will tell in the run-in at some point!

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Largey"]It''s great to see the newest player organising play - he is fast becoming as reliable and as threatening as Russell Martin, which is great news for us.[/quote]

How many players do you think we should have organizing play then? Give or take a couple.

OTBC[/quote]

This season I''ve seen Ward, R Martin, Holty, Wes and Ruddy shouting at teammates, for whatever reason. You will have your leaders on the pitch, you will have your moaners on the pitch, but it is vitally important that every player is in communication with one another to allow the team to play and move and create space and create chances to score. If that means Tierney telling Holty to make a run onto his throw-in, then that''s better than Tierney missing the opportunity to create an opening.

Against Scunthorpe the left hand side worked a peach going forward between Tierney, Surman anf Pacheco.

On Saturday aginst Swansea it didn''t work in  the first half and Surman got subbed at half-time........Hmmm.

And what do you all think of Tierney''s crossing when he gets well forward?

OTBC

I think Tierney has been faultless. he kept dyer quiet and never went to ground or committed too early (like ward kept doing which resulting in him chopping Sinclair in half) hes quick, good on the ball, gets stuck in more than most except for crofts, them two really do love the 50/50s which I love to see from the players. and he stood the wingers up yesterday just like Martin did with Sinclair, kept him quiet all game.

PLUS! Tierney only joined in january and previously said he''d never join us but he is incredibly passionate which I love to see. when we score and at the final whistle of wins he really does celebrate with the fans. and yesterday realised how down we must of felt and bothered to come all the way to the goal and clap us for 5 mins straight. top top lad. most had already gone down the tunnel by then!

[quote user="youngcanary"]I think Tierney has been faultless. he kept dyer quiet and never went to ground or committed too early (like ward kept doing which resulting in him chopping Sinclair in half) hes quick, good on the ball, gets stuck in more than most except for crofts, them two really do love the 50/50s which I love to see from the players. and he stood the wingers up yesterday just like Martin did with Sinclair, kept him quiet all game. PLUS! Tierney only joined in january and previously said he''d never join us but he is incredibly passionate which I love to see. when we score and at the final whistle of wins he really does celebrate with the fans. and yesterday realised how down we must of felt and bothered to come all the way to the goal and clap us for 5 mins straight. top top lad. most had already gone down the tunnel by then![/quote]

Very laudable British traits which often seem cover other deficiencies.

Sinclair (especially) hugged the left touchline all match and Dyer the right touchline for most of the match. RMartin and Tierney were both pulled too wide. This left our centre stretched to breaking point and woefully exposed.

Quite frankly I''d prefer a more thoughtful less pumped up left back than Tierney. But then that''s just me and my opinion and I may well be wrong.

OTBC

I see what you mean. It''s strange, but in top of the table clashes I think you need more composure than you do adrenaline and brawn. That''s just my opinion though.

Take nothing away from Tierney though. I think he''s been great since arriving - he has dislodged Drury after all. Although at times against Swansea he did look like he was short of idea''s which led to him being dispossesed. It wasn''t his best performance.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"] But then that''s just me and my opinion and I may well be wrong.

OTBC

[/quote]

Dear Lord above could this be a new beginning?[;)]

Tierney''s crossing is no worse than Russell martins when he gets forward. Remember they are only left and right backs. not wingers who should be slinging In a decent ball. I think it''s encouraging to have two left and right backs who get forward that much. As for the last few years with have lacked that. And as for the snarling it''s football it does not matter what standard you play ( if Any for you ? ) It happens all is forgotten at the end remember they are grown men.

Since when has he earned the right to snap & snarl at his team mates like against Swansea?

OTBC

why is this message board full of weirdos evrey time we lose a game

Have to say that Tierney has a hard act to follow in replacing Drury. I feel both Martin and Tierney when going forward are poor at delivering decent crosses. The amount of times both have got into a great position then only to put in a poor cross and lose possesion as a result.

Noting on saturday, when their keeper had been injured (or waisting time) why Tierney didn''t throw it to where their keeper was to test him. At times we show our naivety but we are quiet a young team.

Lastly, Tierney was trying to get Holts attention which some one else has pointed out too and that hardly comes across as snarling. We should not forget there is plenty of noise in the stadium as well to deal with.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]Since when has he earned the right to snap & snarl at his team mates like against Swansea?

OTBC[/quote]To be honest, I still haven''t got over Jackson celebrating a hat-trick against Scunthorpe.  Who does he think he is, Grant Holt?  Talk about undermining team spirit.

Personally I think our centre backs went wide because they want to get on the ball and play it out from the back. In general, this is a good thing (and has served us well), but when the play breaks down they need to pick up players quicker, or get more central as a minimum. They left huge gaps for the strikers to get between, that even though they were not fully exploited on Saturday would be in the Premier League.

As for Tierney, my feeling is that he is an excellent signing. We need full backs to get up and down the pitch because we are narrow in midfield and he is just younger and fitter than Drury. His crossing wasn''t the greatest on Saturday and is no doubt an area he will look to improve on, when he adds that premier clubs will start looking at him too.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]Since when has he earned the right to snap & snarl at his team mates like against Swansea? Lambert needs to watch the effect of that on team morale And is he really better than Drury? OTBC[/quote]

To be honest, I still haven''t got over Jackson celebrating a hat-trick against Scunthorpe.  Who does he think he is, Grant Holt?  Talk about undermining team spirit.

[/quote]

Why do you think Surman was subbed? And how do you think he feels about it?

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[/quote]

A) Because he was pants

B) Who knows/cares

[quote user="First Wazzock"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[/quote]

A) Because he was pants

B) Who knows/cares

[/quote]

Mr Chops would say that you are undermining team spirit.

OTBC