Sign in to follow this  
Hoolahoop

Watford Train Info

What is the best way to get to Watford from Liverpool St?

Underground (Metropolitan line) all the way or do we go for a bit of underground overground wombling?

Any experiences would be helpful

Don''t get the Underground, it takes ages (having said that I''m meeting a friend who''s a Watford fan for a pre-match drink near that station, so I will be going that route!)

From Liverpool St get the tube to Euston then get a fast overground train, which takes 20 minutes, to Watford Junction (15min walk from the ground)

If you return this way as well you will make the last train back to Norwich easily.

Euston to Watford junction, which is about a 20 minute walk from the station. The train will be a lot quicker than the Tube as it only takes 20 minutes.

Yes, Euston to Watford Junction, around 20 minutes on the fast train. The Met line will take ages so best avoided. And don''t get the slow train to/from Euston, this takes 50 minutes.

It''s around a 15/20 minute walk to the ground from Watford Junction.

If you are looking for a decent place for a pit-stop on the way, this pub is five minutes walk from Watford Junction Station. I''ve been in there a few times when wev''e played there and there''s never been any problems.

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/17/17352/Estcourt_Tavern/Watford

Best pub anywhere near Watford Junction is called the Nascot Arms. If you head out of watford junction and turn right you walk up the main road and cross over at the main junction. Another 100m or so up the road you will see a pub (cant remember the name) but i you take a right down the side street you should see the Nascot. It is a home pub but in a very middle class area and i wouldnt imagine anyone would get any trouble at all in there. Nice selection of ale in there too. Its basically the Watford version of the Kings Arms on hall road or the Coach and horses (though a LOT smaller!).If you have gone too far up the main road you will see the southern cross so just double back.