Sign in to follow this  
Cappsy

Can someone explain the beambacks?

just been down to CR to get my ticket for the Ipswich beamback and am wondering how this works (outside). is there a screen on the pitch facing the city stand? a screen covering the jarrold? can somebody take a picture tomorrow night if they are going to the Watford one, cheers.

There is not a beam back on the pitch tomorrow - only in the lounges. I havent been to a beam back where there is a screen on the pitch - ipswich will be my first.

However as I understand it there will be a large screen placed on the pitch facing the city stand... people correct me if my illusions are wrong :)!

I went to one a few seasons ago where the screen was on the pitch. Its basically a great big screen on a trailer that they park in front of the stand.

[quote user="youngcanary"]sounds good to me! hopefully there''ll be an atmosphere[/quote]Yeah, hope so. Its kind of odd, to be honest, its not watching a proper game, but different to watching it on telly!

I went too a few beambacks during our last season in the PL. They had a large screen in the centre of the pitch facing the Jarrold. The atmosphere was good, but I remember sometimes the sun would glare on the screens a little. As the Ipswich game is a late KO this won''t be a problem!!

If it''s being beamed back that means its being broadcast from somewhere.. which might mean theres a feed on t''interweb....time to do some looking!