Sign in to follow this  
Green&Yellow Fan

Neil Warnock

Have a mate who is sharing a hotel with the qpr team atm in barnsley and he was speaking to Neil Warnock about us.

My mate was saying he didnt have a bad word to say about us, saying we hope we go up with them cause we have awesome support etc. See he aint all that bad

Is your mate a 6ft 4 brute? if he is, I would say whatever I thought he wanted to hear!

I don''t mind old warnock , he can be quite a character wish there was more managers like him around just not at our club !

I''m not sure of the veracity of this story but it goes like this,....

''Colin'' was supposedly interviewed at some point for the Norwich manager''s job. When asked if he thought his style of football would fit in with Norwich''s traditions he replied,

" What ? -Winning football "

Kinda hope there''s a kernel of truth in that one [:D]

Colin''s been complimentary about us on more than one occasion in the past so this wouldn''t surprise me whatsoever, and as I''ve said before, I''m one of the Pinkun posters that likes him. I''m sure he''s been quoted before as saying he has a ''soft spot for Norwich'',

And if anyone doubts the original poster, here''s a video of Colin giving us (and Holty) plenty of compliments.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iP-v3ZJp3os

Warnock is a good manager and this persona he has is just when he gets caught up in the passion on the touchline. Just like the act that Mourinho puts on for the press.

He revealed a few months back he had an interview for the norwich job a few years ago and he was full of praise then. He is very respectful of us and i think that he really likes the club.

Warnock is surprisingly one of the nicest men in football, one of the few genuine people you will meet. His passion for his team and the game means he gets carried away though, resulting in several enemies.

I don''t mind him. Whenever he''s been on the radio or guest on a TV show I always find him good value. For me the worst thing he ever did though was that awful cameo in Sky 1''s Dream Team a few years back. Cringeworthy.

I heard him on a radio show at some stage in the last year and he came across as a a nice bloke. He gets carried away at matches but then so do we - I wouldn''t want to be judged on what I said and did at games!