Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

A serious question - who lacks 'quality'?

Almost every day since the beginning of the season Nigel Worthington (either directly or by implication) has rabbited on about the lack of quality players at his disposal. If you were a player how would you feel???

I saw 6 premiership matches on TV this weekend - 4 live and 2 tape delayed (without knowing the result beforehand). So, I saw Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, Bolton, Chelsea, Spurs, Norwich, Villa, Fulham, WBA, Middlesboro and Everton.

City were pathetic - embarrassingly poor - in comparison to all the other 11 teams. 

WBA played out of their skins & were unlucky to lose, Bolton beat Arsenal.........all were motivated and looked like premiership teams. But City? The players ran hard .....but without belief and bereft of confidence. The tactics were idiotic.

I was embarrassed in front of my friends - and angry.

So I ask the question. Who lacks quality - the manager or the playing squad???????????

Worthy, promotion was "yesterday", look into yourself, revise your psychological and tactical approaches and come out fighting- because I fear you may be losing the dressing room.

May good luck shine on you and wisdom be yours - for all our sakes.

OTBC. For ever.

Worthy is finding out just how hard it is to learn in your first season in the prem - his learning curve is just as hard as for the players. Without a doubt he is not performing at the required level but like his players he is trying hard.

There are a lot of similarities with his first season in charge at FCR - he looked out of his depth but quickly learnt what was needed. This time he again is learning but not quickly enough.

Who at the club IS prem quality? Just over half a team, in Greeno, Helveg, Charlie, Francis, Jonson & Hux are currently OK. Doc is coming on and despite his current confidence crisis Drury too can make it, as should Ashton but it is too soon to truly say. The youngsters (Crow, Jarvis and Shacks) may be but who knows

Of the rest if I was a prem manager I would only entertain Svennson as a squad player, the rest simply cant cut the mustard - and that shows just how far the club still has to go to become a premier fixture.

OTBC

[quote]Worthy is finding out just how hard it is to learn in your first season in the prem - his learning curve is just as hard as for the players. Without a doubt he is not performing at the required level ...[/quote]

The fact that you would only entertain Svensson sends a message of how poor a squad we have. No other club in the Prem would have Sven in their squad. There are four very, very poor teams in the prem at the moment the fact we have to travel to Palace and Saints and subsequent result will confirm our squad size.

As I have said smudge our squad in itself does not deserve to survive this season - what has carried us so far and may keep us up is attitude and team spirit.

If we can stop the sloppy goals confidence will return, and perhaps we can then start doing the stirring come backs that were last seen against Bolton.

OTBC

I do not mean to be nasty to anyone at City and I''m not questioning the clubs ambition but we are pretty much still a Div 1 (Championship) club.  We have very few players with Premier League experience, a manager with no PL experience and we have been unable to add many players with quality and experience.  Our hope all season has been that our players would step up and become Premier League players but many haven''t.

It takes more time than we have had to become Premier League.  Let''s be honest last year most of us thought the playoffs would be the best we could manage, not many thought we could win the league.  Promotion was a bit of a suprise and we just can''t afford/attract the type of players to improve our squad that quickly.  We need to "grow" a team as we cannot buy one.

The club is in such a better shape than one and a half seasons ago, better squad and more money and we could still stay up.