Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

Up to you Wes...

Sorry, but i don''t agree with this. Unless PL knows for sure (or as best as he medically can) that his injury is fine. Why else would you give him the chance to go out and rip it again? It''s not as if he can now say, "sorry boss, fans, i don''t fancy it tonight".Strange.

[quote user="a1canary"]Sorry, but i don''t agree with this. Unless PL knows for sure (or as best as he medically can) that his injury is fine. Why else would you give him the chance to go out and rip it again? It''s not as if he can now say, "sorry boss, fans, i don''t fancy it tonight".Strange.[/quote]

PL knows what he''s doing, It keeps Watford guessing.

I''m not a medical expert or physio but perhaps the medical staff are happy that theres nothing more they can do about it. It''s either healed or it hasn''t and the best person to know if their hamstring is ok is the person it''s attached too.

I wonder whether he should leave him out and give lansbury, dani & holt another go. At least then theres a better chance he will be fit for Forest game.

[quote user="Rob Sims"]

I wonder whether he should leave him out and give lansbury, dani & holt another go. At least then theres a better chance he will be fit for Forest game.

[/quote]

I would drop Pacheco back to the tip of the diamond and put either Vokes or Jackson alongside Holt. Lansbury was very quiet against Swansea.

I''d hate to see him rushed back. If we do end up in the play-offs I''d want to see a fully fit matchwinner playing for us, not holed up in some physio''s room watching it on tv because he''d tried to get back in the side a few weeks before he was ready. Make no mistake, the team we put out tonight will be more than capable of winning this match, and winning it well. Holty to score on his birthday.

Simple mind games.

My guess is Lambert knows he''s not ready but is trying to keep the opposition guessing but avoiding having to think of a new excuse each time, passing the buck so to speak.

If it was down to the player, they would say ''yes'' every time.

I expect Hoolahan will return for the Ipswich game.

That doesn''t make sense Bovril! He will say yes every time but won''t be back until Piswich? Unless you think that Lambert has said to the press that it''s up to him but told him privately he can''t play - talk about conspiracy theories!

[quote user="Raymond Getard"]I would drop Pacheco back to the tip of the diamond and put either Vokes or Jackson alongside Holt.[/quote]

[Y]

I''d go with Jackson.

Is it possible that PL is playing "mind games"? It could be that Hooly is two or three weeks from fitness, so we have the same vague statement that Hooly may be fit, but we shall have to see just before the game.

The reason? The opponents can plan if they know that Hooly will not be playing, so keep them guessing. He has also been known to play the opposite, saying nothing and then suddenly producing an unexpected fully fit player.

I can''t imagine that PL will risk Hooly if there is any doubt. Better to be without him for one or two games, and then have him for the last four, rather than having half a game and being out for the rest of the season.