team v watford

?

---------------------------ruddy---------------------------

---martin---edwards------whitbread----drury----

--------------------------fox-------------------------------

----crofts-------------------------------------surman

----------------------pacheco----------------------------

-----------holt--------------jackson----------------

if hoolahan is fit- take off jackson and push pacheco up front with wes at the tip.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]?

---------------------------ruddy---------------------------

---martin---edwards------whitbread----drury----

--------------------------fox-------------------------------

----crofts-------------------------------------surman

----------------------pacheco----------------------------

-----------holt--------------jackson----------------

if hoolahan is fit- take off jackson and push pacheco up front with wes at the tip.[/quote]this is ridiculous!EDWARDS!!! Ward and Whitbread have been fantastic for us since Barnett got injured!Drury although i like him Tierney was arguably one of our better players on SaturdayI''d drop Surman and play;RddyMartinWardWhitbreadTierneyFoxCroftsLansbury PachecoHolt Jackson

ward was poor Saturday but whitbread was a joke, still stick with them both though

ruddy

martin whitbread ward tierny

crofts fox

lansbury surman

holahan

holt

I''d love to see Korey get a start, thought he really got stuck in when he came on against Swansea

[quote user="DOGGER"]I''d love to see Korey get a start, thought he really got stuck in when he came on against Swansea[/quote]

Korey''s gotta be pushing, I thought he played alright on Saturday (from what I could see through the bottom of my pint glass). And Jackson - One of our form players at the moment. Another good performance at whatever stage he may feature tonight, and he''d have to be in line for a start on Friday against Forest. I think he''s starting to get the hang of life at Fortress Carrow Rd, and at a crucial time too.

same team as ''NCFC for life''..

We can only afford to have one luxury role away from home, presuming Hoolahan won''t be fit until Ipswich I would give Pacheco the role with an in-form Jackson another chance to start.

Stick with the same back-four, Whitbread simply had an off-game like every player has, read Vidic away to West Ham.

it''s funny people see the last game; i thought tierney was rubbish last game but has been doing very well recently apart from that. For me Edwards has to start, whats the point of having competition for places if they don''t come on. I personally do not rate Ward at all, he did not play well last game and nor did Whitbread, the difference is that Whitbread has been diong really well since barnett got injured. That''s the same with surman; has been brilliant in most games and can really make a difference.

[quote user="DOGGER"]I''d love to see Korey get a start, thought he really got stuck in when he came on against Swansea[/quote]

Korey was living when he came on but I''m just not sure how he could be included. The positions he must be best suited to replacing are where Fox and Crofts usually play but both of them are very much worth their place.

Unless, perhaps, if Wes isn''t fit and we don''t play the diamond, he could play in the centre of midfield.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]I personally do not rate Ward at all,  [/quote]

But Paul Lambert clearly does. Ward has been his first choice central defender all season long and here we are 2nd in the league after 40 games.

I think it''s unlikely the manager won''t stand by him after one bad game (for the whole team) and I don''t actually think Rob Edwards is likely to be an improvement.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]it''s funny people see the last game; i thought tierney was rubbish last game but has been doing very well recently apart from that. For me Edwards has to start, whats the point of having competition for places if they don''t come on. I personally do not rate Ward at all, he did not play well last game and nor did Whitbread, the difference is that Whitbread has been diong really well since barnett got injured. That''s the same with surman; has been brilliant in most games and can really make a difference.[/quote]

I don''t think you know what you are talking about.

what i''m saying is that whenever i see Ward play, i expect him to cock it up as i do not feel he is very good, the swansea game IN MY OPINION was another performance from him whereas whitbread and surman had an off day

[quote user="mrs miggins"]it''s funny people see the last game; i thought tierney was rubbish last game but has been doing very well recently apart from that. For me Edwards has to start, whats the point of having competition for places if they don''t come on. I personally do not rate Ward at all, he did not play well last game and nor did Whitbread, the difference is that Whitbread has been diong really well since barnett got injured. That''s the same with surman; has been brilliant in most games and can really make a difference.[/quote]Shows how much you have watched NCFC this season, because Whitbread was

playing alongside Barnett when he got injured, Ward lost his place half

way through this season to Whitbread returning from injury so it was

Ward that replaced Barnett not Whitbread. No doubt Ward is the third

choice center back at the club when all fit but Ward has been extremely

solid for us this season, he isn''t the most cultured of center backs but

he is strong in the tackle and is an experienced Championship defender.

Surman is a good player no doubt but for me is not consistent enough

since his return from injury. Can go missing in games and i strongly

believe performs better at home than away.

[quote user="NCFC4LIFE"]

Shows how much you have watched NCFC this season, because Whitbread was playing alongside Barnett when he got injured, Ward lost his place half way through this season to Whitbread returning from injury so it was Ward that replaced Barnett not Whitbread. No doubt Ward is the third choice center back at the club when all fit but Ward has been extremely solid for us this season, he isn''t the most cultured of center backs but he is strong in the tackle and is an experienced Championship defender.

[/quote]

Well I think you''ve got a fair bit of that wrong.

Firstly, Ward was only out of the team when he was injured - he didn''t lose his place. As soon as he was fit he was straight back in the team - a clear sign that he is first choice.

Secondly, not sure how you can say he isn''t the most "cultured of centrebacks" when actually he is actually pretty decent on the ball. He''s got two good feet and often supports attacks when appropriate - infact during the Swansea game he clipped a very subtle pass into the box when he was out on the wing, usually you''d assume most defenders would have just hoofed it back in.

Then again, maybe he just hasn''t been spending enough time in art galleries and that''d explain why you don''t think he''s cultured.

you''ve got a point. To be fair Ward has supported the attackers well (just like tierney has) but i think edwards should have a go as i''ve seen him a couple of times and looked decent enough; didn''t stand out but didn''t make a mistake

I''m not sure playing the diamond against Watford is a solid idea [no punn intended]. We played it against them first game of the season and they played a system just to counter it. And I don''t know if anyone remembers but we got taken apart, with the very team you are suggesting (Fox at the base, Crofts on the right etc...). I think it may be a better idea to play a 4-2-3-1 or surpise them with another formation... 4-3-3?

completely agree, Korey was really good when he came on. Really energetic and got stuck in.

My lineup: 4-4-2 diamond 

Ruddy,

martin ward whitebread teaearly.  fox crofts smith wes/lansbury.    holt pistachio 

I think that it will probably be the same starying XI as on Saturday, unless Surman was "off" because of some health issue which has not cleared up.

If Hooly is not playing we need every ounce of creativity - Surman and Pacheco, aided by Lansbury.

What worries me after Saturday is that we seem to be getting back to the problem all season - creating so many chances but not putting them away. I had hoped that we had turned a corner after the Scunny game, but....

If things are going well, then Korey could come for one of the creative midfielders, if things are not good then I expect vhanges like Saturday. I have to say that I have not been impressed by Vokes, whose touch lets him down so often.

What worries me after Saturday is that we seem to be getting back to the problem all season - creating so many chances but not putting them away. I had hoped that we had turned a corner after the Scunny game, but....

3rd highest scorers in the league we score plenty

I have never rated Surman. Gives very little cover to his fullback and certainly left Tierney badly exposed against Swansea. It was also noticeable that when he received ball in forward positions never made a positive pass and tended to play short sideways balls which led us nowhere. Also would not play Jackson but keep Pacheco up front with Holt.

Why dont we just trust lambert to put out a team to take the 3 points ,i think he has done very well so far all ready  this season .I must admit some of our players didnt shine on saturday but all that matters tonight is the result  OTBC

That will be the team unless Hoolahan is back and he will come in for Jackson.

Ruddy

Martin

Tierney

Ward

Whitbread

Fox

Crofts

Surman

Pacheco

Holt

Jackson

Rudd

Edwards

Smith

Lansbury

Lappin

Vokes

McNamee

[quote user="mrs miggins"]what i''m saying is that whenever i see Ward play, i expect him to cock it up as i do not feel he is very good, the swansea game IN MY OPINION was another performance from him whereas whitbread and surman had an off day[/quote]very true, i dont get Lambert''s faith in Ward, he has cost us a lot of points this season. I know you can say they formation we play puts a lot of pressure on the cb, but he copes a lot worse than any other cb at our club does, in my opinion. He is dedicated though and trys his best, just needs to be harder in the tackle and keep his concentration for 95 mins of the game and he would be quality.Disagree about Tierney, for me he was one of the best against the Swans and has been so reliable since coming in, gave us a much need fresh impetus on that side of defence i think.For this game i would playRuddyMartin Ward Whitbred Tierney               FoxCrofts surman (only just ahead of lappin)     Wes/PachecoHolt  JacksonMy problem though with that is it doesnt give us much on the bench to bring on- maybe get chrissy martin on there if fitSurman is the tough call, hasn''t played that well for us and lived up to his price tag yet, althugh scunny he was brilliant, however i dont know Watfords team very well but i dont think they offer much down the right side so he should be fine, needs to stop trying all the fancy touches and just get on and play)