Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

Play-Off Match on Friday

If we can beat Forest on Friday we will surely be set for the play-offs and that will be a massive acheivement for the season.

Once again our defensive frailties cost us tonight - all season we have let in too many goals and gained results by cavalier forward play hence it''s been so entertaining.

But, who would have thought Derby would beat Leeds and Swansea are not going to be singing in their dressing room tonight either.

Cardiff predictably beat a really poor team in Sheff Utd but will hopefully feel the pressure to win again on Saturday to regain second spot and against a Pompey side stung tonight by a 3 - 0 home defeat.

I expect Swansea to have a really tough game at Burnley. As before, Reading look favourite to come through and take second spot for me as they have fantastic momentum.

I think we have to assume Holty is out for the season, along with Wes. Being Positive; young Vokes has had some useful game time and has a goal to his credit and Simeon looks to be in a good run of form. It is time for players to come back into the side and make a name for themselves and with the effort up to now beginning to tell we could benefit from some freshening up. I think I heard PL say Korey was injured in the warm up which is a shame as he is the sort of player I want to see back in the side.

If PL wants to take a longer view of the play-offs he will surely do nothing to risk Holty or Wes assuming they have a chance to make it for those games and he deserves credit for the loanees he has brought in and given game time to.

The Swansea to Ipswich games were always going to be tough and we will probably fall short of automatic, however, this Friday we have the chance to pretty much nail down a play-off spot which is the least our players deserve.