Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

Slip of the tongue, Malky?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/12968117.stm

Have a listen to good old Malky''s short interview - At around the 20 second mark, he explains exactly what games they like play...

Will apologise in advance if I''m the only person to do a double take on what he said ;)

Ha, no what you mean! I would love to see Malky back at CR in the future!!

[quote user="H4H"]Ha, no what you mean! I would love to see Malky back at CR in the future!![/quote]

Likewise, H4H, that''s as long as Malky doesn''t do a Boothroyd ;). I wonder if Malk''s ever seen that classic film featuring Ronnie Corbett entitled ''No six please, we''re British''?.

Great player for us but they say you should never go back.It rarely works unfortunately.

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]Great player for us but they say you should never go back.It rarely works unfortunately.[/quote]

Very true, Cluck. I can only think of one exception from off the top of my head (in recent years at least) - Ian Culverhouse, he certainly seems to work well with PL. But as you say, it rarely works, and Malky is one of the last people I''d like to see return a hero and leave a villain.

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]Great player for us but they say you should never go back.It rarely works unfortunately.[/quote]Two words, Dave Stringer

Why hasn''t it worked in the past? Because they were cack or untried as managers.Grant - poop, first managerial position and a gamble that didn''t pay off.Gunn - the boards fall-guy, again first time manager, made some clever signings considering the perameters he was given to work within. In came McNally who changed all of that and Gunn was found to be out of his depth - unsurprisingly considering his lack of experience.Malky - has proven he certainly has something about him management wise. It''s not just for one season and he has done it on a limited budget. If someone took Lambert off us this summer then I would love to see Malky in, not only that but if he was able to bring Graham as well . . . . It''s a bit like saying we shouldn''t take Martin O''Neill back again because he is an ex player. He is a good manager.