Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

wingers!!!

I know it is a bit early to start talking about summer signings regardless of what division we are in, we really do need to find some wide players  to give us more options for the team. I know we tried to sign bennett but there must be others out there? MacNamee obviously isnt in favour even though hes come on tonight, so a left and right winger are needed.

We do have options for wingers; Lappin, Macnamee, Lansbury, Smith. But only one is really and all out winger, and he isn''t in favour like you said, (or you could just say he''s not very good) Lappin is a winger, but not your conventional winger, and i think works well in the diamond because of his work rate. Lansbury is best used in the middle, and is only on loan, although you never know, he could come back for another next season.

I think it really does depend on what division we are in, if we stay down, i think we will definatly sign a winger maybe two, but if we go up, i just think Lambert will want to try and stick with what has worked best for us the past two seasons, and focus on that.

I mean out and out wingers and we only have one in Macnamee, the others dont have any pace and Lansbury will probably not be here next season!!!

Macnamee was excellent tonight, any truth in the rumour that he is sub so much because of his chronic asthma?

He has played regularly at previous clubs, so unless it has got gradually worse as he gets older, I would doubt it affects him as much as you may question.

But perhaps someone with asthma can explain in more detail?

If he has asthma, it would seriously effect his game. But i suppose there must be some footballers who have had it, its not all that rare.

It can be worse for different people, mine is really bad at the moment, because i have a cold as well. Different times of the year can affect the severity (high amounts of pollen can be quite bad, as can the cold). I would have thought if he had ''chronic asthma'' not fully knowing what the chronic part actually entails, but presuming its quite bad, he wouldn''t be a professional footballer.

" If he has asthma, it would seriously effect his game "

Maybe Lambert buying him wasn''t such a good wheeze after all

A Watford fan (where Macnamee started his career)told me about his asthma, it is mentioned on Wikipedia but shock horror Wikipedia isn''t always 100% reliable

Depends on the severity of the asthma. Some is related to allergies like hayfever. Paula Radcliff supposedly has asthma and she can run marathons. Fitness can improve it, but he seems to have done ok so far in his career so can''t see how it would effect him that much. And if he could give you 70mins of that kind of quality chances are he would start games.However, played more on the left tonight and as a natural left footed player I am not overly surprised he did better.

David Beckham has had mild asthma since childhood, and Gary Lineker was renowned also as a sufferer during his career.  

Asthma is an inherently chronic disease, hence i don''t understand why the term in any way has to be issued with the preface that it is ''chronic''? It''s axiomatic, and rather comical that one feels the need to mention it; i''d assume with the intent of exaggerating what is more than likely to be a standard case of asthma?I am asthmatic, and it has been extraordinarily difficult to live with at the worst of times - colds and hay-fever causing the majority of problems. The main stimulus for others could just as easily be the effects of a strenuous workout, or as chicken said, other allergies. However it''s often the case (as it has been in mine) where if the disease is consistently treated it''s effects can dramatically decline over time, to the point where it''s effects are minimal.I distinctly remember in the changing rooms during P.E. at high school seeing a poster of Paul Scholes, promoting him as the ''poster boy'' of sufferers of asthma in the sports world, and i seem to recall David Beckham being ''outed'' as an asthmatic by his agent.I can''t imagine he''s considerably limited by it at all. He''s an athlete, who is just about to reach the apex of his career. In cases of those diagnosed with asthma, harm is nulled by patiently administred medication fairly easily. I doubt it''s his condition preventing him from starting, more how Lambert see''s him fitting into his gameplan.