Sign in to follow this  
Bill

On the bright side

Fisrt game of the season and we were beaten at home ... by Watford. Bang. welcome to the Championship. Both teams loked what they were the season before. Them Championship, us League 1.

Had you have asked any City fan at Carrow Road that night where we would both be 40 games on when we next met and I can tell you that 11th place, (7 points off the playoffs) would have seemed a dream spot. First season in etc

But we are not. We are one point off automatic promotion. We are now almost pretty certain play off contenders.

So a few of our fans need to dust themselves down, stop panicking, stop carping on and recognise there''s still a fair way to go still.

That starts on Friday night. So no moaning if we go one down, No trotting out the old ''told you so'' or even, heaven forbid, booing. There ain''t much we can do, it''s mostly down to the players. But we can get behind the lads. We are a point off automatic spot. Friday might should see us back there again - it''s then up to Cardiff to grab it back the next day.

So stop moaning, start enjoying and start believing.

oh, and we still haven''t lost two league games in a row (same season) and we still haven''t been ''doubled by any team

All the pressure on Cardiff now. Of course we all want as many points on the board as possible, but in a strange way it might not be a bad thing to be a point behind second rather than a point ahead of third. Having said that a nice juicy three points on Friday will put the pressure on everybody again for Saturday! Lots of twists and turns yet no doubt and we are right in there fighting.

I agree there is more pressure watching people catch you up rather than chasing a team IMO and therefore dropping to 2nd last night possibly wasnt a ad thing. I beleive nothing is going to be decided untill the last game and if we are only a point behind or whatever Cardiff are placed under alot of pressure to win that game.

I would also rather drop points in the 6th and 7th game, rather than in the penultimate and last game! It was always a tall ask to win every game and I guess the Swansea lose and Watford draw is what many people realsistically predicted.

Lets look forward to Friday and a win will get us right back on form!

OTBC!

[quote user="City1st"]Fisrt game of the season and we were beaten at home ... by Watford. Bang. welcome to the Championship. Both teams loked what they were the season before. Them Championship, us League 1. Had you have asked any City fan at Carrow Road that night where we would both be 40 games on when we next met and I can tell you that 11th place, (7 points off the playoffs) would have seemed a dream spot. First season in etc But we are not. We are one point off automatic promotion. We are now almost pretty certain play off contenders. So a few of our fans need to dust themselves down, stop panicking, stop carping on and recognise there''s still a fair way to go still. That starts on Friday night. So no moaning if we go one down, No trotting out the old ''told you so'' or even, heaven forbid, booing. There ain''t much we can do, it''s mostly down to the players. But we can get behind the lads. We are a point off automatic spot. Friday might should see us back there again - it''s then up to Cardiff to grab it back the next day. So stop moaning, start enjoying and start believing. oh, and we still haven''t lost two league games in a row (same season) and we still haven''t been ''doubled by any team[/quote]

Tell you what, you''re 110% spot on there, Sensei

You are right curly_whirly_tipz, there is still too far to go to start calling anything yet. We have had two tough games after playing a poor 10-man Scunthorpe and we are still seeing the team battle as hard as they can - that is the important thing. If we had played badly last night, we might be worried - but we didn''t.

Have to say I always thought we had it in us to be in the play offs come the end of the season. All this mid table stuff is ridiculous, we had momentum and team spirit in abundance and good team players along with a positive manager. With it has come confidence which has helped to take us further.

Whether we are a top 2 team is doubtable but definitely play off, if we could defend and keep clean sheets well who knows but we have had a great deal of entertainment with the goals scored and conceded.