Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

Watford's match reports

I don''t know who writes them but this is not the first time i''ve noticed how good they are. Always balanced and fair sounding reflection of the game rather than the one eyed nonsesne you get on most sites.

http://www.watfordfc.com/page/MatchReport/0,,10400~52365,00.html

I agree that this was a balanced report, also gave the number of city fans, does that mean that 268 people didn''t use their tickets?

Was at the game last night and it was defiantely a game of two halves.

Bar the first ten minutes of the game, the rest of the first half we were crap. For the second game in a row Pacheco was crap and kept giving the ball away too cheaply and we had a gameplan of hoofing it forward.

Have to give Vokes some credit, he looked very good won a lot in the air and took his goal well after it looked like he had lost the chance.

Ward is turning into Doherty, and looked decidedly dodgy yet again. The equaliser was bloody lucky and must question Ruddy again at low shot straight at him, Fox (who was my MOM) mis-controlled it in midfield and Graham picked up the ball ran forward, tried to slip deeny in but it got cut out but ended up playing a one two of Whitbread which took him 18 yards out, he hit it hard and low and once again ruddy only half stopped it and it went under him.

After that we totally lost it couldnt string two passes together and then they broke and some really shit defending gifted them their second.

I called the subsititons Pacheco for Mcnamme, Vokes (who had a good game) for Jackoson and Surman (who again looked not fit) for Lansbury and these changed the game.

We got lucky when Graham missed from 2 yards out and an open goal, but after that we dominated and got a deserved equaliser, Mcnamee looked very good and caused them problems and jackson was excellent as well and had a couple of good chances that the keeper saved, the second goal was coming and we duly got it when a from a free kick holt headed it back across goal for Jackson to tap in, thought the flag was gonna go up but it never and it was game on.

Thought we would get the winner as we pushed but it never game and on reflection a draw was probably a fair result.

Their ground is a hole and the support was only 13,777 and we bought 2,300 of them.

We really need holt not to be too badly injured and ward and pacheco will be lucky to start on friday.

What did you make of the pitch paulo? People saying it was a cabbage patch. Can''t have helped our game if so.

Agree your comments Paulo. Ward made a good clearance in the second half (with his head) from a rare good ball into the area from Hodson but he was guilty of just hoofing clearances upfield especially in the first half and which uually led to us just losing possession. (Couldn''t help thinking what might have been if we had signed MartinTaylor three seasons ago). Whitbread had a very good game I thought though we do miss Barnett. Fox didn''t do much wrong apart from their equaliser.In the second half we played it on the ground much more, especially when McNamee came on - and passing and possesssion was much improved. Surman showed some delightful touches with the ball - but they amounted to nothing in terms of creating chances. We had no width in the first half - except for the hard working Martin. McNamee is not my favourite player but he certainly caused problems for Watford last night.

A1 - The pitch wasn''t great and it kept breaking up in places, which lead to people slipping, probably coz they had blades on.

It doesn''t help with Saracens playing there, it was the same at Wycombe last year.