Sign in to follow this  
MisterCarrow

Lambert says it's cramp

Yes Yes Yes...................lets hope it is only cramp. Good to have Chris Martin back as well at this stage of the season just in case.

I really hope Lambert is right about cramp, but it didn''t look good at all to me. Holty did a run down the right the cross went for a corner and he started holding his hamstring after that.

have not seen anything but from what I hear it sounds like it has every chance of being cramp, when players go down (seemingly to time waste) chances are half the time they really are in agony! - Grant Holt chasing a late winner isn''t going to be rolling around on the floor though is he.

Hoping for the best though!

He didn''t say it''s cramp, he said he hopes it''s just cramp and Holty will be assessed tomorrow.

Unfortunately I fear another PL cover-up in an attempt to keep our next opponents guessing.

Does anyway actually know how close Wes really was to making a return? These things don''t heal quickly, just look at Barnett and Martin for evidence. It''s a massive challenge now, to stay in touch with the automatic 2nd spot.

The plus I am going to take from this is when Wes went off there was no talk on cramp, only hoping it wasnt too bad an injury. However if cramp is suspected I am going to cling on to this hope!

Secondly NCFC official twitter announced that PL said the following:

PL - ''Wes was close to making it tonight so we will keep assessing him before Friday'' #ncfc

My guess is he will be on the bench Friday! Fingers crossed!!

OTBC

Martin & Wes back - rest the old man Holt so he can repeat 3 more at Poorman Road - three points even on Sky - job done.

Why are people intimating that Chris Martin is the answer? We must be desperate if that is an option.

He hasn''t played for several weeks and his form this season has not been great.

Have we enough games for him to get back in the groove? I doubt it!

I was impressed with Vokes last night and if Holty has to miss some games, we are in a better situation for cover but someone will have to take on the ''terrier'' role, a role by Holty that is so important to our game

The squad are well coached and full of good characters. It will be tough now to gain second place but if any team can do it under these circumstances it is NCFC.

Didn''t look like cramp to me. he pulled up holding his hamstring. Nobody went over and helped him stretch it out if it was cramp (as is usual in these situations). I will be utterly amazed if its not a hamstring injury and I will also be amazed if he plays any part against Forest or the scum.

It didn''t look like Holt had cramp from where we stood last night.He pulled up quite sharply holding his thigh and was a passenger for the rest of the match. I''m sure he would have come off if we hadn''t already used all our subs.To be honest I wouldn''t be too surprised if that''s the last we see of him this season.Fingers crossed it turns out to be nothing too serious....

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]
It didn''t look like Holt had cramp from where we stood last night.

He pulled up quite sharply holding his thigh and was a passenger for the rest of the match. I''m sure he would have come off if we hadn''t already used all our subs.To be honest I wouldn''t be too surprised if that''s the last we see of him this season.

Fingers crossed it turns out to be nothing too serious....
[/quote]

Got to agree. Hope I am wrong.

Dont know if anyone else noticed but we all thought Russell Martin did his hamstring as well. 

I don''t know much about injuries and how players get them, but does the increasing injury list of players who have had hamstring problems indicate that something is not being done right in training?

[quote user="Hunter106"]I don''t know much about injuries and how players get them, but does the increasing injury list of players who have had hamstring problems indicate that something is not being done right in training?[/quote]No.

I don''t know all the ins and outs of how players get injuries, but as we have a growing list of players who are injuring their hamstring, does this suggest that something is not being done right in training?

[quote user="Hunter106"]I don''t know much about injuries and how players get them, but does the increasing injury list of players who have had hamstring problems indicate that something is not being done right in training?[/quote]Pushing a tired body is always asking for trouble.There pressure and expectation to win every ball and it is sure to tell over a long and frantic season.

[quote user="Lambert is King"]

He pulled up quite sharply holding his thigh and was a passenger for the rest of the match. I''m sure he would have come off if we hadn''t already used all our subs.To be honest I wouldn''t be too surprised if that''s the last we see of him this season.

[/quote]

Got to agree. Hope I am wrong.

Dont know if anyone else noticed but we all thought Russell Martin did his hamstring as well. 

[/quote]

I thought that too, looked like he was limping after he had that chance blocked at the back post.

Fearing the worst for Holt, the way he pulled up in front of the dug outs didn''t look like cramp, and as someone else said no one helped him stretch it out. Fingers crossed it''s nothing serious.

My money''s on a thigh strain. A bad one could keep him out until p/offs. I don''t really believe it''s going to be a minor one. I don''t think Grant Holt notices minor injuries.

Hamstrings have to be the most common injury, even after lots of warming up etc, they can still go at any point if under too much strain or whatever

[/quote]

Holt was definitely a passenger for the last few minutes after he pulled up. Interestingly neither Holt or the bench seemed too concerned. The physio never came to take a look. If it was something that could have been aggravated and made worse by remaining on the field I am sure he would have been taken off. 10 men or not!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]It didn''t look like Holt had cramp from where we stood last night.He pulled up quite sharply holding his thigh and was a passenger for the rest of the match. I''m sure he would have come off if we hadn''t already used all our subs.To be honest I wouldn''t be too surprised if that''s the last we see of him this season.Fingers crossed it turns out to be nothing too serious....[/quote]

Holt was definitely a passenger for the last few minutes after he pulled up. Interestingly neither Holt or the bench seemed too concerned. The physio never came to take a look. If it was something that could have been aggravated and made worse by remaining on the field I am sure he would have been taken off. 10 men or not!

[/quote]Interesting point well made!I''m sure Lambert will keep us (and Forest) totally in the dark till Friday!