Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

Refresh the team

At least all these injuries give us the chance to bring in a lot of fresh legs at a time when the games are stacking up.

How about the diamond with Vokes and Jackson up front then Pacheco or a returning Wes at the tip of the diamond. It seems however that Crofts, Fox and Surman are starting to flag. Is it time to give Korey, Lappin and Lansbury a start?

Chris Martin should be brought in asap. I was convinced he was about to hit form when he got injured. He was playing very well, just not getting a goal but it was coming. I also think that Chrissy is a big game player. We need him back asap.

Holts a big loss it goes without saying, but its not as if we''re so desperate we''re having to shove a complete second string or youth player to replace him!

While the system and style may need altering, I think it may be worth having Pacheco/Lansbury upfront (with the other on the right side of the diamond) alongside an out and out striker such as Vokes or Jackson, or even Chris Martin, then hopefully Wes slots back in at the tip of the diamond, they could all pretty much play anywhere you may as well pull them out of the hat! (not serious)

We''re blessed with versatile players with strengths in technique passing and 100% work rate which will be utilised by Lambert and im confident that if anyones capable of getting the system to work without Holt (is even going to be out?) its Lambert

whatever the situation come the end of the season, autos, playoff success or failure, (or even getting unlucky and missing out) this has been a season where everyones given 100% and a team to be proud of.

If Holt is injured, I''d play the the two goal scorers from tonight - Jackson and Vokes, I wouldn''t agree with either of them getting dropped Friday for a player who has been out for two months. I think C.Martin had a good game behind the front two agaisnt QPR, then had a bad run of games but looked sharp in his last game before his injury, against Reading, but just because he performed well for that game, doesn''t mean he would just slip straight back into the side like he had never been away. We have lost only 1 game against Swansea since C.Martin has been injured, I wouldn''t say we have overly missed him, especially with Jackson now finding his confidence. We need as many players back from injury as possible and would benefit from a fit C.Martin, but don''t agree that he needs to be in the side asap

nice spartacus!

when i said asap alysha i meant as soon as he''s fully fit which won''t be until after Forest maybe. i said the same as you that i would play jackson and vokes up front v Forest.

Chrissy would have to come on from the bench to get his match fitness up but i am convinced he still has a big contribution to make by the end of the season.

[quote user="a1canary"]nice spartacus! when i said asap alysha i meant as soon as he''s fully fit which won''t be until after Forest maybe. i said the same as you that i would play jackson and vokes up front v Forest. Chrissy would have to come on from the bench to get his match fitness up but i am convinced he still has a big contribution to make by the end of the season.[/quote]

so you did, my apologies

In my opinion, the last 2 games have been calling out for Lappin! He does the job in mid-field. He can cross and take free kicks/corners as good as anyone else, plus he has a defensive side to him. Give the lad a go!!

I don''t think Crofts or Fox are flagging, we have had a tough schedule recently, so players are bound to be tired.I think it would be dangerous to make too many changes, and I don''t think Chris Martin is the answer, theres not enough games left for him.I think the best we can hope for, in terms of up front on Friday would be Vokes and Jackson, with Wes just behind.

[quote user="ThorpeCanary"]Holts a big loss it goes without saying, but its not as if we''re so desperate we''re having to shove a complete second string or youth player to replace him! While the system and style may need altering, I think it may be worth having Pacheco/Lansbury upfront (with the other on the right side of the diamond) alongside an out and out striker such as Vokes or Jackson, or even Chris Martin, then hopefully Wes slots back in at the tip of the diamond, they could all pretty much play anywhere you may as well pull them out of the hat! (not serious) We''re blessed with versatile players with strengths in technique passing and 100% work rate which will be utilised by Lambert and im confident that if anyones capable of getting the system to work without Holt (is even going to be out?) its Lambert whatever the situation come the end of the season, autos, playoff success or failure, (or even getting unlucky and missing out) this has been a season where everyones given 100% and a team to be proud of.[/quote]

Totally agree our boys give 100% every time and even if we dont go up theyre still legends.

[quote user="ThorpeCanary"]Holts a big loss it goes without saying, but its not as if we''re so desperate we''re having to shove a complete second string or youth player to replace him! While the system and style may need altering, I think it may be worth having Pacheco/Lansbury upfront (with the other on the right side of the diamond) alongside an out and out striker such as Vokes or Jackson, or even Chris Martin, then hopefully Wes slots back in at the tip of the diamond, they could all pretty much play anywhere you may as well pull them out of the hat! (not serious) We''re blessed with versatile players with strengths in technique passing and 100% work rate which will be utilised by Lambert and im confident that if anyones capable of getting the system to work without Holt (is even going to be out?) its Lambert whatever the situation come the end of the season, autos, playoff success or failure, (or even getting unlucky and missing out) this has been a season where everyones given 100% and a team to be proud of.[/quote]

Totally agree our boys give 100% every time and even if we dont go up theyre still legends.

If Wes and Holt not fit then I would go for:

Ruddy

R Martin   Edwards   Whitbead   Tierney

Crofts   Lansbury   Fox   Lappin

Vokes   Jackson

Subs: Rudd, Ward, Smith, Surman, McNamee, Pacheco, C Martin (hopefully)

If they are then drop Vokes for Holt and drop Lansbury for Hoolahan and play diamond.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]when i suggested dropping ward for edwards you had a go at me, why the sudden change of thought?[/quote]

Ward looked completely knackered last night and I''m sure Edwards is chomping at the bit to prove his worth, so...