Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

City till I damn well die!.

We''re on the ropes. We''re in the last chance saloon. No one in the national media rates us. So bloody what!.

When, as a young lad (48 years ago) I was captivated by this team in yellow and green, I signed on for life.

But we might be relegated?, so what?.

City will still be there. I will still be there. And we may just bounce back straight away, yes?.

I would not trade places with Chelski or Manure fans, for all the tea in China!. I care not a jot what the Beeb ''In house'' idiot''s say about us, because I know what I like.

The point of this thread is quite simple. For me, City are my world, and the rest can bu**er off, for all I care.

So no more criticism of players, manager, or even the board , will be coming from me this season. Now is the time for total support from us supporters, agreed?.

No, I won''t keep the faith!. As there is no danger of me ever deserting City, there is no need for me to make a stupid declaration of faith.

In other words, ''City till I damn well die''. I suggest you all keep that in mind, if we are relegated, yes?. 

[quote]We''re on the ropes. We''re in the last chance saloon. No one in the national media rates us. So bloody what!. When, as a young lad (48 years ago) I was captivated by this team in yellow and green, I s...[/quote]

I seem to remember almost the exact same words from you Wizard last August 15th. A lot of water has gone under the bridge since then. However, I am prepared to give you the benefit of the doubt because, I agree, this is what''s required. Although I would like to ask you, being the impulsive creature that you are, if you can''t criticise the players, management or board, have you considered what you will be discussing on this forum?

Hear hear Wiz - best post for ages from you imo.

35 years of highs and lows (and several £''s as well!!), an estimated week per year spent sitting in a car travelling to watch the team and I for one will keep on coming and supporting through thick and thin.

It would just be nice for a bit more thick at the moment though!!

spot on. i love supporting Norwich, in any division. if we go down i will be supporting them just as strong as ever.

and i do generally think that in 2 seasons we will be in the premiership, either by going down selling a few players while keeping a few and building up a squad. or hanging on this season then getting established

" So no more criticism of players, manager, or even the board , will be coming from me this season " signed Wiz.

Hallelujah ! A convert ! Come in from the cold my friend. 

memo pin up on fridge door

Damn skippy Wiz.

I have been thinking the same for a while, even if we do go down, the club will still exist, we''ll keep 99.9% of players, maybe Greeno going, poss Francis, but the bulk of them team was there and maybe another year of playing together will help?!?

We''ll have some money for the next 2 seasons min., and we SHOULD be able to go straight back up and get some new, better players.

Chris

Wiz, first time post my man, but to a post that deserves a reply.

One game that above all underlines everything about being a City supporter, is last season, at home to Preston. Guarenteed promotion,, saying goodbye to the big man, a player with true yella/green blood, and of course, the standing ovation from the Preston fans. A feeling higher than anything Norwich bitter could ever induce. (i hope you can''t still get that!).We may not be popular with the media, but thinking back, were we ever popular when we were top of the prem. and playing in Europe?

At the end of the day, we''ve put up with a a crap board, ageing ground, Lucifer as a chaiman, and of course relagation and 10 years in Div 1. These though were in the days when football clubs were football clubs, and not a plc run by multi millionaires and Russians, so if we go down this year so be it, But come the spring of 2006, we''ll all be back outsdide City hall for one hell of a party.

C''mon you yellas.

It is because I love this club so much that I get so frustrated with the performances on the pitch when we lose due to schoolboy defending rather than by a truly better side.

That is why I lovethis forum so much - it gives me a place to vent my annoyance so that come match day I will get 100% behind the team in yellow shirts even if it does contain the likes of Eddy, Flem, Mullers, Brenn Leon etc etc etc whose only fault is to not have enough ability to do what I want them to do.

As such I WILL continue to post my frustrations and as always accompanied with my ideas on how I think the team could be improved for the next game. 

Whatever happens between now and May though you will not see me criticising the board or calling for the manager to be replaced as they are the very cornerstones that this clubs progression over the next 2-3 seasons must and will be built.

OTBC

"So no more criticism of players, manager, or even the board , will be coming from me this season. Now is the time for total support from us supporters, agreed?."

Believe it when I see it.

Uncritical support would seem rather mindless to me, if you will forgive the term - no offence meant. For me, there has to be room for both constructive criticism and probing questions.

That does not mean City will not have my blind support every match provided the players give 100% (whether wisely guided or not) 

A 46 year veteran.

OTBC for ever.

[quote]I seem to remember almost the exact same words from you Wizard last August 15th. A lot of water has gone under the bridge since then. However, I am prepared to give you the benefit of the doubt becaus...[/quote]

Oh, there''s plenty of subject''s left, Yankee my friend.

Winding you up, is one that immediately springs to mind!. 

no insult intended.............. but you might die pretty soon then..........

[quote]no insult intended.............. but you might die pretty soon then..........[/quote]

If that''s intended for me AJ, then sorry, but I do find it insulting and worrying my friend.