Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Jim Blair passes away

[quote user="yellow 63"]R.I.PWasn''t he Jimmy Bones replacement in the 1973 League Cup Final ?[/quote]Correct.

Remember him well, if only because he looked like a fish out of water in his short time with us. Came with a decent goal scoring reputation, but never made the grade with us. Part of the Wembley legend.

RIP Jim Blair

From my happiest days as a supporter.Relatively young too.

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]From my happiest days as a supporter.Relatively young too.[/quote]

Mine too

Jim Blair.........Now there''s a player whose City barely started and yet one who played in two such high profile games.The Texaco Cup Final was, to be fair was a real '' mickey mouse '' occasion- City losing both legs of the final to Ipswich explains why - but the League Cup Final was something else. Jim only played at Wembley because cult hero Jimmy Bone and manager Ron Saunders had thrown their toys out of the pram a few weeks earlier, and, to be honest, he was just out of his depth.We probably would still have lost that match had Jimmy played in the Final but when it became apparent that Jimmy would never play for Saunders again we then knew that defeat against a star-studded Spurs side was pretty much a foregone conclusion.I was sorry to hear that Jim had been suffering ill health for quite a while but his brief stay at that particular time means he''s assured a unique place in the history of NCFC.RIP.