Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

has Pachecho upset the balance?

Since has come in we have beaten scunny (a team we should have beaten) lost to Swansea and Drawn with watford.It was only when he went off last night that we took advantage and scored. He isnt a bad player, far from it in fact its brilliant having him here.. but should he coming off the bench to cause havoc in the remaining games instead of starting?We seem to put everything through him, he is more direct and not as creative as Wes or Lansbury and i think this upsets the balance of a settled side.Results at this stage of the season are important and i think Pacheco could win games coming off the bench and running at defenders for the last 20 minutes. The shape of the team seems to suffer when he starts.

his passing has been awful the last two games and he kept constantly passing to the opposition.

Also the tactics on the first half last night was to lump it forward which takes a player like that out of the game.

I think he''s a good impact player but he''s still very young and inexperienced and it''s beginning to show.

I believe we have not seen the best of him.

[quote user="paulo79"]his passing has been awful the last two games and he kept constantly passing to the opposition. Also the tactics on the first half last night was to lump it forward which takes a player like that out of the game.[/quote]

It''s not that his passing is awful it''s that his team-mates are not in the right position or making the right runs to take advantage. As good a passing team as we are Pacheco comes from a different school.

IMHO, he has shown far more class than Lansbury. Now I don''t dislike Henri or anything, as it is clear to see he has quality inside him. It''s just he doesn''t do anything. I prefer him to start on bench. If everyone is fit, my first choice 11 : RuddyMartin Ward* Whitbread TierneyFoxCrofts SurmanHoolahanHolt Pacheco* Barnett, but he''s out for season. Jackson, Lansbury and Lappin and McNamee subs coming on. and Korey, agh this is hard. [:@]

I think that he is the sort of creative player that you would basically build a system around (with our level of players anyway)Similar situation to Lambert basically building the diamond around Wes, and to suit his game.

I agree mate, he looks a good player but it doesn''t look like he gels with the players and they''re not on the same wavelength, hopefully it will come good. Mcnamee and Jackson made such a difference when they came on and any other day you would take a point at Watford, just bloody cardiff winning makes it disappointing! We all need to get behind them Friday in what will be a very hard game, the players need us! My heart says 2nd, head says play offs. Let''s hope heart comes out on top! Come on city!

Barnett is King - I''d change Surman for Lappin in your team, as Surman just doesn''t look too bothered at the moment. Lappin will always give effort and show that he wants to win.

Speaking of Barnett, we are starting to miss him. Whitbread and Ward have done great but Whitbread is starting to tire after a long spell in the side. Leon is just the sort of presence we need back there to keep the goals out when things aren''t going our way.As for the OPs point, i did wonder when DP came in how he would fit in to the team and if it might be tricky for him to do so. Let''s hope he comes good. Maybe he''s a better impact player. He''s certainly something different and could be effective off the bench. But then as someone points out, Macnamee was good off the bench last night. See what a tough job Lambert has!

This is why I said we should go with what we had.Unity has been everything for City and it doesn''t take much to disrupt such an intimate unit.

Against Scunny he was quality we all saw that and i''m sure he will turn out to be a decent player.

BUT, times like these we can''t really rely on young inexperienced players to do the job, every game comes with immense pressure.

I rarely aree with you Jas, but I do with regards to what you have had to say on Pacheco.

For me his best position is at the tip of the diamond (especially when Wes is unfit).  However, Wes has been putting his foot in and winning an awful lot of ball in that position over the last few months and this is an area of Pacheco''s game that he will need to lift if he is starting games.  I think that he can be just as creative as Wes, but hasn''t yet shown that he is as good a finisher as Wes has become since having a prolonged run in the team at the tip of the diamond.

I think that the plaudits for Pacheco after the Scunthorpe match were way over the top, but he does undoubtedly have ability and will come good again.  It just goes to show how difficult it is for a decent player to fit in to a winning team without upsetting the balance of the the side.

[quote user="paulo79"]his passing has been awful the last two games and he kept constantly passing to the opposition.

Also the tactics on the first half last night was to lump it forward which takes a player like that out of the game.[/quote]Spot on, he''s not in the championship mould, he makes a bad pass and doesnt chase it down, he could learn a lot from Hulahoop.