Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Watford v Norwich City match thread

I know Holt is injured and we have used all subs but get him off and stick a Centre back up front... go for it with 10 men.... win or Bust!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]I know Holt is injured and we have used all subs but get him off and stick a Centre back up front... go for it with 10 men.... win or Bust!
[/quote]

A point could vital

Considering the shaky performance that was the first half, pleased with take something from that game.

Still only a point in it, we can still do it!

No Holt.... no hope???

I don''t like the idea of us having to face this run in without him.

The spirit of the fightback is as important as earning a pointBut our two best players out injured at the most important time of the season?  Dumb f***ing luck.

After the first half I would have taken a point now two wins agains Forest and Ipswich and its back on track.I still think 10 points from 5 games will be enough.  Some tricky games for others on Saturday.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Alex"]Jackson IS cutting it in the Championship, and having constantly stood up for the poor bugger I''m delighted. Those that have slagged him off should be ashamed, he''s turning into a pivotal player for us and may just be THE player that makes the difference for us between automatic and play-offs. How ironic he''s doing this at a stage of the season where you need to be at your most composed, especially given that composure was all that he could be fairly criticized for earlier this season.[/quote]

The reason, as has been stated all season why he''s been critisised, whether rightly or not is the fact when he''s had chances before he hasn''t taken them well enough.  Fans get twitchy about strikers who don''t score, remember Jamie Cureton?

He''s done well recently and has been rightly praised for it.

[/quote]

I understand what you''re saying WAY but not everybody was getting twitchy with him, only the ''instant result'' type of supporter, which i''ve never understood. People are too quick to judge sadly - I feel we should always give someone who has to step up a division or two the benefit of a whole season before we cast an inquest. It does piss me off when players get written off by armchair managers too soon I must admit.

First Hooly, now Holt, not good at all. And more dropped points :(

Maybe Holt not being there might allow another to come forward to be the main man - step up a Norfolk boy - Chrissy Martin?

A great point tonight. It sounds like we really bossed the second half.

Friday suddenly looks like a tougher game. Forest had no form and their season appeared to be in tatters. Now, after winning tonight, they''re within a point of the play-offs.

Only 3 days to recover too. I know it''s the same for Forest, but they will have some momentum now.

We''re still gonna win though!

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"]Smudger when eventually PL leaves will you take over? [/quote]Maybe.  Do you think I would do a good job?"I''m a warm man, an idealist and I do believe in fairies!" [;)]

[quote user="Canary Poirot"]Well according to Brendan Rogers of Swansea we need 9 points to achieve automatic promotion as things stand. He did say 80 points should be enough didn''t he?[/quote]He is hoping that will be nough, but it won''t be.  More like a minimum of 82 points for automatic.

[quote user="Alex"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Alex"]Jackson IS cutting it in the Championship, and having constantly stood up for the poor bugger I''m delighted. Those that have slagged him off should be ashamed, he''s turning into a pivotal player for us and may just be THE player that makes the difference for us between automatic and play-offs. How ironic he''s doing this at a stage of the season where you need to be at your most composed, especially given that composure was all that he could be fairly criticized for earlier this season.[/quote]

The reason, as has been stated all season why he''s been critisised, whether rightly or not is the fact when he''s had chances before he hasn''t taken them well enough.  Fans get twitchy about strikers who don''t score, remember Jamie Cureton?

[/quote] I understand what you''re saying WAY but not everybody was getting twitchy with him, only the ''instant result'' type of supporter, which i''ve never understood. People are too quick to judge sadly - I feel we should always give someone who has to step up a division or two the benefit of a whole season before we cast an inquest. It does piss me off when players get written off by armchair managers too soon I must admit.[/quote]

With all due respect football is a results game, and with good results comes success and with that money to the club.

Yes people are quick to judge, but that''s the way it is now, look at how fast clubs turn over managers, and Im not going to sit here and say I am happy to sit and clap mediocrity by anyone on the pitch, I love to see my team win, and I hate them to lose, it''s no different to how I react with my speedway team.

I understand fans wanting to give a player a season or 2 to settle in and be given a good crack of the whip, but strikers are paid to get goals, just as defenders are there to defend, if they aren''t doing their job then sit them on the bench.

My opinion hasnt changed with regard to Jackson in that he''s disappointed me at times this season, but fair play to him the past few games, he''s been given a task and has fulfilled it.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Alex"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote] I understand what you''re saying WAY but not everybody was getting twitchy with him, only the ''instant result'' type of supporter, which i''ve never understood. People are too quick to judge sadly - I feel we should always give someone who has to step up a division or two the benefit of a whole season before we cast an inquest. It does piss me off when players get written off by armchair managers too soon I must admit.[/quote]

With all due respect football is a results game, and with good results comes success and with that money to the club.

Yes people are quick to judge, but that''s the way it is now, look at how fast clubs turn over managers, and Im not going to sit here and say I am happy to sit and clap mediocrity by anyone on the pitch, I love to see my team win, and I hate them to lose, it''s no different to how I react with my speedway team.

I understand fans wanting to give a player a season or 2 to settle in and be given a good crack of the whip, but strikers are paid to get goals, just as defenders are there to defend, if they aren''t doing their job then sit them on the bench.

My opinion hasnt changed with regard to Jackson in that he''s disappointed me at times this season, but fair play to him the past few games, he''s been given a task and has fulfilled it.

[/quote]

You can''t write off a player because he doesn''t give you instant results. The problem is the armchair managers do decide way too early in someones career whether the new boys are up to it or not, and rarely is it justified as we''re starting to see with Jackson, this is not a one off - he is clearly improving. You may agree with that attitude - but I don''t. I just love how everyones kissing Jackson''s @rse now, yet not too long ago it was only a few people such as Smudger and Alysha who were standing up for him - The people slagging him off had decided he was crap, the people who had a bit more vision realised the reason he was missing the target was nothing to do with ability (or lack of), but that he just needed that bit of confidence to harness his ability... And over the last 3 or 4 games, the rest is history as they say, confidence on the up, performances on the up. And what about ''Iwan Roberts''?. He was sh1te in the first season, yet went on over subsequent years to become a bit of a hero for us as I''m sure you''re well aware. And that for me should be warning enough to the idiots who write off every new players career here before it''s even begun...