Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Watford v Norwich City match thread

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Norwich City: Ruddy, R Martin, Whitbread, Ward, Tierney, Fox, Crofts, Surman, Pacheco, Vokes, Holt.Subs: Rudd, Edwards, Hughes, Jackson, Lansbury, Lappin, McNamee[/quote]

So there we have it, no Hooly.

Vokes ahead of an in-form Jackson?

Vokes in for Landsbury.... Lambert has lost it lost it I tell you, prove me wrong Sir Paul, go on I dare you.

[quote user="Alex"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Norwich City: Ruddy, R Martin, Whitbread, Ward, Tierney, Fox, Crofts, Surman, Pacheco, Vokes, Holt.Subs: Rudd, Edwards, Hughes, Jackson, Lansbury, Lappin, McNamee[/quote]

So there we have it, no Hooly.

Vokes ahead of an in-form Jackson?[/quote]

Cue a Vokes hat trick...

Vokes has all of the skills and style as Wilbraham....

Can he do a Wilbraham at Leicester?! I hope so!

For me its a good choice away from home to have Vokes in instead of Jackson,had it been at home I might of gone the other way.Jackson''s pace could be the difference off the bench as well.

Shame we still have no Wes but hopefully Pacman can pull a few strings.

Nice to see Hughes back in...its always fun to see how players who''ve been left out for a long time can do!

No Korey even on the bench?! He was looking sharp on Saturday, I would have even started him! Unless he is injured then that is a very odd decision. Would have put Jackson in ahead of Vokes too, but heck, what do I know.

[quote user="Excited Canary"]No Korey even on the bench?! He was looking sharp on Saturday, I would have even started him! Unless he is injured then that is a very odd decision. Would have put Jackson in ahead of Vokes too, but heck, what do I know.[/quote]

Voke''s inclusion would suggest that Lambert feels Watford''s central defenders handle pace better than they do old fashioned centre forwards, those with a physical presence and aerial threat. Infact, one of Hull''s goals against Watford on Saturday was a header that left the Watford CD''s rooted to the spot. Would be amazed if Jackson and Lansbury don''t come on in the second half though, Alec.

PL clearly sees Lansbury and Jacko as more effective as impact subs ... and I agree.

Will be interesting to see how 2 battering rams upfront will do!

Glad to see Wes isn''t being rushed back. May prove essential in the playoffs.

Wow, I''m not Jacksons biggest fan but even i feel a bit sorry for him after scoring a hattrick and looking lively against Swansea and still not getting a start. Korey Smith not on the bench, looked good coming on against Swansea. Good job i trust you Lambert.

don''t agree with the man who just said as long as we beat Ipswich away, he don''t cares what happens next week. I''d rather lose to Ipswich and get still get promoted rather than the other way around!

Pacheco starts in the Hoolahan role, Vokes gets his first start. C''mon boys!

Ditto, strong faith for Whitbread to actually be awake and sober for tonights match!

[quote user="AJ"]Pacheco starts in the Hoolahan role, Vokes gets his first start. C''mon boys![/quote]Pacheco should have started in the Hoolahan role on Saturday, with Holt and Jackson upfront.Can''t agree with Lambert starting Vokes tonight, but hope to be proved wrong.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="AJ"]Pacheco starts in the Hoolahan role, Vokes gets his first start. C''mon boys![/quote]Pacheco should have started in the Hoolahan role on Saturday, with Holt and Jackson upfront.Can''t agree with Lambert starting Vokes tonight, but hope to be proved wrong.[/quote]hahaha lol bang on que!!! [:D]

Pacheco wins the ball just inside the Watford half, plays in Holt who slips it across to Vokes, who takes his time, before scuffing a shot through Loach''s grasp. 78 seconds to score.