Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

Multi ball system tonight

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]Funny how they stopped it when winning 2 - 1![/quote]

I have never seen so much time wasting in all my life as last night, Even Malki took great delight in kicking ball away, If it was Lambert he would have been booked 

They should get rid of this system generally as it is open to abuse, if a player blatantly wastes time he gets booked but how do you send off a ball boy or girl? lol

That was a complete and utter farce. At 1-0 down the ball boys were on their toes throwing their ball back to the Watford players before the in play ball had even gone out of play, chasing everything that went out of play for a Watford throw etc.

At 2-1 up they sat on the advertising boards at the side and then they even had the audacity to get some tracksuited clown to collect all the balls from the ball boys with instructions not to collect any further balls that go out of play.

Their keeper also seemed to hurry his goal kicks up a bit when we equalised too. Strange that…..

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]Funny how they stopped it when winning 2 - 1![/quote]

I have never seen so much time wasting in all my life as last night, Even Malki took great delight in kicking ball away, If it was Lambert he would have been booked 

[/quote]

Agreed Pete. I hope all those who were singing for Malky during the game last August, while he was plotting to stick four past us, now realise that he is the opposition. I was amazed that nothing was done about the time he spent outside his little white box or his teams blatant time wasting at throw ins. On two occasions they deliberately delayed play by pushing the ball away. Are the referees do dumb now that it''s only a booking if the ball is kicked away?

But the multi-ball system being stopped once they were 2-1 up was a disgrace. Once multi-ball is being played it should remain for 90 minutes regardless of the score. The blame lays squarely on Malky for trying it on and the referee for allowing it. And before anyone says we''d be happy if Malky was our manager doing that, he''s not. He''s plotting to beat us.

i think it was the ref that stopped the multi ball system last night as the watford players were getting the ball and advancing there throws by a good few feet and doing it so quickly  where we were getting the ball back so slowly from the ball boys its the same with towels for long throw ins there aloud as long as both teams can use it.

i thought the ref was shocking last night i think it would have taken a murder on holt for him to get anything

The ref was a joke regarding time wasting but as I saw it the multi-ball system was still in operation after 2-1, but was stopped after a particular incident on the right hand side (as from the away end) at about half-way. There was one of many hoofs into the stands and before the ball had even landed the Watford player has a different ball in his hands and was throwing it in. It was then that the ref informed everyone that the multi-ball system was over.Two things - I think the multi ball system, when operation, favours the home team, as the ball boys are told to give a ball to them straight away. Having one ball levels the playing field a bit. And secondly, the ref should have booked the Watford players for time-wasting early on, set a precedent, and things would have been better

This has been a common complaint amongst many clubs.

What has never been addressed is the impact this has on the ballboys. A club is teaching youngsters that cheating is ok. Maybe a few City fans might care to contact Watford by email

yourvoice@watfordfc.com

and point out there disapproval of such actions.

As to the referee I fail to see how behaviour like this cannot be easily stopped. Firstly simply have a systen whereby a raised arm. put across the chest etc signifies that the clock has been stopped If ball is out of playand the ballboys are not returning it in time for what ever reason the clock is stopped untiol the player takes the thrown and the ball returns to play.

Continual time wasting should result in a free kick to the other team. Encrouchment is down to the linesman. He should indicate from where the ball went out and again penalise, with a warning first, then a free kick should a player move the throw forward.

We have a system where you can be booked for taking your shirt off after a goal has been scored but no sanction when a club organises for cheating and a players routinely cheat.

[quote user="City1st"]

We have a system where you can be booked for taking your shirt off after a goal has been scored but no sanction when a club organises for cheating and a players routinely cheat.

[/quote]

Good point[Y]

And from this we can only conclude that in the eyes of the FA the games visual image is more important than honesty.

Oddly we were actually caught out for this against Bristol City a few weeks ago because one of the ballboys threw the ball to a BC player futher down the line than we expected it to be taken..and they scored!

Usually the officials have stopped the system half-way through the match.

Multi ball systems at games should be banned because it is just blatant gamesmanship!

You saw it a little last night but the worst one was Doncaster away early on this season, when all of a sudden with Doncaster 2-1 then 3-1 up the multiball system was abandoned!

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]Multi ball systems at games should be banned because it is just blatant gamesmanship! You saw it a little last night but the worst one was Doncaster away early on this season, when all of a sudden with Doncaster 2-1 then 3-1 up the multiball system was abandoned![/quote]

There are a number of examples of gamesmanship that have been allowed to become part of the game. Time-wasting is undoubtedly one and is evident in several ways. When a goal is scored and a team takes or increases the lead, it seems to take forever for players to return to their half of the pitch. Referees never seem to play the correct amount of injury time and this was demonstrated again tonight in the first half of the Spurs v Real Madrid game when there were at least 3 minutes of injuries (Gareth Bale one minute and the Real Madrid defender who suffered a clash of head two minutes). I also find late tactical substitutions annoying. They often slow down and effectively ruin games when they should be coming to a climax. I would suggest that a rule should be introduced requiring all substitutions to be made within the first 85 minutes of games. After that, they would not be permitted.

[quote user="Webbo118"]

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]Multi ball systems at games should be banned because it is just blatant gamesmanship! You saw it a little last night but the worst one was Doncaster away early on this season, when all of a sudden with Doncaster 2-1 then 3-1 up the multiball system was abandoned![/quote]

There are a number of examples of gamesmanship that have been allowed to become part of the game. Time-wasting is undoubtedly one and is evident in several ways. When a goal is scored and a team takes or increases the lead, it seems to take forever for players to return to their half of the pitch. Referees never seem to play the correct amount of injury time and this was demonstrated again tonight in the first half of the Spurs v Real Madrid game when there were at least 3 minutes of injuries (Gareth Bale one minute and the Real Madrid defender who suffered a clash of head two minutes). I also find late tactical substitutions annoying. They often slow down and effectively ruin games when they should be coming to a climax. I would suggest that a rule should be introduced requiring all substitutions to be made within the first 85 minutes of games. After that, they would not be permitted.

[/quote]

[quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="Webbo118"]

[/quote][/quote]

Injury time played? One minute !