Sign in to follow this  
er indoors

Takeover? Cobblers!

[quote user="er indoors"]I''m not a regular poster, I''m not concerned with my number of posts or any of that bo**ocks, I''m sorry, I actually detest this forum and the keyboard warriors that frequent it. However, I recognise the majority of City fans read it and I want to make sure they know what''s going on at their club. At the lowest point following relegation to the third tier Smith and Jones were desperate to sell. Now? They smell a return to the premier and all the adoration that will bring. Bottom line however is should we fail to go up Lambert will go to a lower end premier club or a Championship rival with real mobey. Another fact and that really is my final word.[/quote]I was all ears until you delivered that final ''fact'' of yours. The content was questionable, but i''m more than accepting of the throw-about of rumours.Though it''s a shame, nay, a blessing, that you decided to show your true colours with that closing statement, so that we knew that all we''d be doing is entertaining what is clearly a rather petty facade by following it.I do appreciate some posters do go out of their way to keep the fans informed; and only until the ''facts'' have transpired do i dare pass judgement on the ''messenger''. Even then, the potential that an often reliable source has got it wrong is a possible outcome, and in such cases it is only fair that the sentiment behind the statement remains to be seen as genuine, forgetting whether the whispers were true or not.The thought of happening to insult someone motivated by such well meaning intentions orientated around the ''fanbase community'' doesn''t sit well with me, and as a consequence, in my opinion, the mitigation of those passing on rumours should be kept to a bare minimum. Factors of ''unbelievability'' or ''unlikelihood'' shouldn''t so much as enter the equation - no matter how ridiculous, only argued against on the basis of cold hard facts.To be so liberal with rumours, people need to detach themselves with the subject matter a little, to the extent where misleading information is in no way felt personally. From that point on you''ll find the vitriol that circulates the whole distorted ''rumours dynamic'' that goes on on this forum would be far more amicable, and consequently vindicated by the fact that there would be more facts in the pool of hearsay worth listening to.Unfortunately, it''s people like you ''er indoors'' who upset the balance, and make the issue what it is - an ''issue''. As a result, any attempt to discriminate between truth and lies on this forum will belied by an almost unanimous census that would rather mute the whispers than get their fingers burnt.In sum, i''d suggest there''s a bitter irony to be had in this; being that you are a major part of the problem that supposedly repels you from this forum.

Love it. Delia is an anchor around our neck. We will never achieve anything under Delia. Delia wont sell. We are the delia haters.

Who can possibly argue that the last 10/12 seasons havent been some of the highlights of our history. The playoff final and the run to get there. Winning the Championship. A season in the prem, and making a decent stab of it post christmas. OK the 3 years of Grant, Gunn & Roeder werent the best. But the mini revival under Roeder was actually exciting for a bit. And sometimes you need to get knocked down to get you back on course!!

Our season in the old 3rd division. Terrible blow for the club on paper. But for the fans watching, exhilerating, exciting and ultimately rewarding. This season, absolute seat of the pants excitement every week.

I look at other clubs around like Plymouth, Palace, Southampton, Sheffield Wednesday etc etc. and I realise, that I wouldnt swap my club or our current situation for anything....

Good post Carlos, but expect the usual suspects to piss all over it of course.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="morty"]Okay then, lets flesh this out a little, without compromising your "source"Who was the well known Russian sportsman?

[/quote]the only well known Russian sportsmen I can think of are the Klitchko''s.

But why would we want them when we''ve got Herbie Hide......

[/quote]

The Klitchko brothers (boxers) are Ukranian not Russian.

[/quote]What about Dolph Lundgren''s character in Rocky IV?That''s who it must be.

Why would it be so surprising if there was a buyer?

We have spent over half a million on looking for one (or more buyers)!

The club constitution says that Directors cannot be over 70 (This could easily be changed though) So is it not realistic that Delia and Michael

might just be ready (They were a season or three ago, they said so)

[quote user="City1st"]"However, I recognise the majority of City fans read it " The majority ! You are more mad than your absurd posts would have us believe 25,000 turn up to the home games - the majority of them read this ! there are probably 10 ten times that scattered around the county, country and the world - the majority of them read this ! You appear to be another sad, serial fantasist desperate for attention As to the russion I would suggest he is probably your imaginary friend, Ivor Skruloos[/quote]

Made me chuckle!

[quote user="City1st"]"However, I recognise the majority of City fans read it " The majority ! You are more mad than your absurd posts would have us believe 25,000 turn up to the home games - the majority of them read this ! there are probably 10 ten times that scattered around the county, country and the world - the majority of them read this ! You appear to be another sad, serial fantasist desperate for attention As to the russion I would suggest he is probably your imaginary friend, Ivor Skruloos[/quote]

Made me chuckle!