Sign in to follow this  
Sim086

John Ruddy

man i thought ruddy''s mistake was bad last night, have people just seen gomez''s how bad would you feel if you were a spurs fan

ummm that is all true but you must be really thick if you dont think that was a goal keeping howler last night.

Spurs were 4 nil down with less than a quarter of the game left (over 2 legs).

We were 1 nil up and cruising. Ruddy''s was game changing, Gomez''s doesn''t really matter in the great scheme of things (although he probably feels a bit of a nob!)

[quote user="Clint"]Spurs were 4 nil down with less than a quarter of the game left (over 2 legs).

We were 1 nil up and cruising. Ruddy''s was game changing, Gomez''s doesn''t really matter in the great scheme of things (although he probably feels a bit of a nob!)[/quote]

fair point!

Get on your bike Clint!

Ruddy has been solid since his howler against Leicester at home. He has constantly made save after save especially when one on one, his passion is there for all to see and he is now a well established member of the squad! You may lay the blame at his doorstep for one goal...but it''s not worth contemplating his place in te starting eleven.

[quote user="simo86"]ummm that is all true but you must be really thick if you dont think that was a goal keeping howler last night.[/quote]Must be thinker than two short planks!

The ball comes to Fox in the middle of the pitch who tries to control it but completely misses it.  Graham runs through in which Ward is there to meet him, Ward puts in a pathetic block/tackle and Graham runs straight through the middle of our defence with ease.  Ruddy is left one on one with the leagues top scorer who slots the ball beneath Ruddy who gets a bit on it but not enough.  Exactly how is that a howler from John Ruddy?

never mind the saves Ruddy has made that have kept us in games......

time to move on guys,

I was there and I didn''t see a goalkeeping mistake. I saw plenty of midfield and defensive mistakes but no goalkeping ones.

It was a mistake from Ruddy, and all you ''apologists'' can''t really deny it. Yes, Fox made a mistake too, but it doesn''t detract from the fact that Ruddy should have kept it out.

But i fail to see how calling it a mistake means that we''re saying Ruddy is useless and at fault for everything. You can criticise a player without hating everything he does, you know?

He''s a good ''keeper, and has kept us in many a game this season, but that doesn''t mean he''s infallible. He''ll make great saves, and also make the odd howler. It''s the way of professional goalkeeping. I can''t see anyone here getting on his back and calling him useless; i see people calling his mistake on Tuesday night a mistake. Nothing wrong with that whatsoever.

It was a one on one down to the Fox''s (uncharacteristic) mistake and Ward''s pathetic attempt at a block.

At the end of the day whoever thought we were cruising needs to have another look at the 1st half, we were getting battered.

I''d go so far to say that Watford deserved the win on Tuesday night, but I guess that shows the mark of a good team, even though we were very poor we still managed to salvage a point and nearly nicked it at the end!

John Ruddy is a great ''keeper with a great future. He has made some fantastic saves for us this season and had the presence of mind to create a few goals. I love the passion he displays for the team.

I honestly dont know what some of you lot see when you watch football.

Yes, Fox makes a mistake.

As for Wards pathetic attempt at a block/tackle, he was trying to cut the pass out, he read the game well and stepped accross to cut the pass out, which he did, unfortunatly it fell kindly for Graham.

As for it been a ''one on one with Ruddy'' are you joking, Grahams 18 yards out when he shoots and under pressure. The shot was hit straight at Ruddy and he should be keeping them out!