Sign in to follow this  
Chelmsford Canary

Facilities at Vicarage Road

No beer,

No betting.

When asked why they did not serve beer - the barman said "Millwall drank too much when they came down"!

What a joke of a club. This is not sour grapes - but poor business management. Especially as I drove.

[quote user="Colchester Canary"]No beer, No betting. When asked why they did not serve beer - the barman said "Millwall drank too much when they came down"! What a joke of a club. This is not sour grapes - but poor business management. Especially as I drove.[/quote]

I can''t see how they manage to attract good players there, I mean the ground is utter crap, even thier own fans stay away from the place  

The pies were the worst ones I''ve had at a football ground, and I''ve had one at every ground in the Championship this season.The filling was meant to be steak and onion but looked more like it had just been retrieved from the toilet and encased in the feeble attempt at pastry.Being ''lovingly'' served up sealed in the horrible plastic wrapper they had been warmed up in made sure the pastry was all limp, soggy and sweaty. Sadly I had to eat the awful thing as there was no way I''d last till I got home without anything to eat since lunchtime.Come to think of it, it''s the worst ''pie'' I''ve ever had the misfortune to have to eat.[+o(]

Special mention to the toilet facilities as well. As one bloke pointed out they were pretty much non league in standard!

[quote user="barclaystand"]The pies were the worst ones I''ve had at a football ground, and I''ve had one at every ground in the Championship this season.

The filling was meant to be steak and onion but looked more like it had just been retrieved from the toilet and encased in the feeble attempt at pastry.
Being ''lovingly'' served up sealed in the horrible plastic wrapper they had been warmed up in made sure the pastry was all limp, soggy and sweaty.

Sadly I had to eat the awful thing as there was no way I''d last till I got home without anything to eat since lunchtime.
Come to think of it, it''s the worst ''pie'' I''ve ever had the misfortune to have to eat.
[+o(]
[/quote]

Have you reported this to Trading Standards?

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="Colchester Canary"]No beer, No betting. When asked why they did not serve beer - the barman said "Millwall drank too much when they came down"! What a joke of a club. This is not sour grapes - but poor business management. Especially as I drove.[/quote]

I can''t see how they manage to attract good players there, I mean the ground is utter crap, even thier own fans stay away from the place  

[/quote]

In the Graham Simpson/Aidy Boothroyd (post Premiership) era we''d offer silly wages for very average players to "attract" players.

As for now...Probably just 1st team football or if they are young a good chance you''d be given a go.

It is a shame about our ground lacking recent re-development considering we''ve been up twice to the Premiership in the last 10-12 years but we tried to spend those millions on players which failed as you probably know.

Having said that I''m not sure we''d just end up with a nice new stand barely full (like Coventry to an extent)

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]Well Elton John must like ''em. He''s been on and around their board for 35 years or so now. OTBC[/quote]

Only because they all seem like a nice boy board room

[quote user="Colchester Canary"]He''s not a "hairy pie" fan anyway! He loves the golden "boys"[/quote]

Is that golden boys or "balls"?

What was with the PA onouncer who kept calling them the Golden Boys!?  I always thought their nickname was The Hornets.