Sign in to follow this  
Snakepit Lass

Vokes Recalled!

[quote user="Snakepit Lass"]With Vokes due to be recalled, i think it will have to be jackson and Martin up front if holt is out[/quote]The way I read the story, Mick McCarthy is only considering it at this point, and it won''t be till after the scum game anyway.Not time to panic quite yet!

Obviously havnt read the story at all, also Wolves cant recall him until next week, which means he can play against Forest and Ipswich.

And even then Mccarthy only said he ''may'' recall him.

[quote user="Snakepit Lass"]lets hope hey[/quote]It is a shame though, I actually quite like the look of Vokes.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]time to recall oli johnson?Or dip into the youth team?[/quote]Totally forgot about Oli, any idea how he''s doing?

I feel more relaxed now as PL said in press conference that Holt''s injury is minor and is 50/50 for tomorrow.

I agree though I have also liked the look of Vokes but our current team were still doing brilliantly before our loanee''s so if Holty and Hooly are pretty much match fit I feel we can clinch this one!!

My concern would be that we would have 3 players only just returning from injury, and therefore Wes/Chrissy/Holty are all the more likely to suffer a reoccurence if they''re not 100%. Talk about twists and turns, I''ve NEVER known a season like it!

[quote user="CDMullins"]Obviously havnt read the story at all, also Wolves cant recall him until next week, which means he can play against Forest and Ipswich. And even then Mccarthy only said he ''may'' recall him.[/quote]

My take on what McCarthy said is that there is not a cat in hell''s chance of Vokes not being recalled. Sadly.

[quote user="Dan Druff"]I assume it is impossible to recall Cody from Gillingham then?[/quote]No its not. Different type of loan.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]time to recall oli johnson?Or dip into the youth team?[/quote]Totally forgot about Oli, any idea how he''s doing?[/quote]

Not great, 3 goals in 16 games

If Fletcher is his only fit striker McCarthey doesnt exactly have much choice. He has to recall him, even if Ebanks Blake gets himself fit he would probably like an extra on the bench to provide another attacking option.

Looking at the situation it''s very clear that Vokes will go back, I don''t think there can be any doubt of that given Wolves current striking situation. Two games left to make himself a hero here...

[quote user="Snakepit Lass"]I assume it is impossible to recall Cody from Gillingham then? ah lol not that question again :)[/quote]

Hopefully Lambert has learned a very important lesson, and that is to always have a recall clause when loaning out players. In his interview, McCarthy says that he always put in a 28 days recall clause and surely that is plain commonsense. Cody could have supplied that bit extra needed to get us up and if we fail, that decision will haunt us. At least he will be back next season and if we are still in the Championship I''ll be having a top-scorer bet on him because I think he will make a few people ''eat their words'' with Holt playing alongside him.  [:D]

Yeah I thought it would be standard procedure to have some kind of call-back clause on our players going out on loan, especially when it''s a full season - though perhaps because Cody was part of a swap deal involving Jackson we may not have had that option during negotiations.

[quote user="official_mushy"]Yeah I thought it would be standard procedure to have some kind of call-back clause on our players going out on loan, especially when it''s a full season - though perhaps because Cody was part of a swap deal involving Jackson we may not have had that option during negotiations.[/quote]Exactly - you don''t have to be a rocket scientist to work out that Cody on a season-long loan with no recall clause was more than likely a makeweight in the Jackson deal. Does anyone really think Paul Lambert is naive enough to need a lesson on loan recall clauses?! I certainly don''t.

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="official_mushy"]Yeah I thought it would be standard procedure to have some kind of call-back clause on our players going out on loan, especially when it''s a full season - though perhaps because Cody was part of a swap deal involving Jackson we may not have had that option during negotiations.[/quote]

Exactly - you don''t have to be a rocket scientist to work out that Cody on a season-long loan with no recall clause was more than likely a makeweight in the Jackson deal. Does anyone really think Paul Lambert is naive enough to need a lesson on loan recall clauses?! I certainly don''t.
[/quote]

Perhaps he needs a lesson in spotting players that can consistently score goals then, so that he doesn''t swap them out.   [:D]

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="official_mushy"]Yeah I thought it would be standard procedure to have some kind of call-back clause on our players going out on loan, especially when it''s a full season - though perhaps because Cody was part of a swap deal involving Jackson we may not have had that option during negotiations.[/quote]Exactly - you don''t have to be a rocket scientist to work out that Cody on a season-long loan with no recall clause was more than likely a makeweight in the Jackson deal. Does anyone really think Paul Lambert is naive enough to need a lesson on loan recall clauses?! I certainly don''t.[/quote]

Perhaps he needs a lesson in spotting players that can consistently score goals then, so that he doesn''t swap them out.   [:D]

[/quote]Hasn''t Jackson got 4 goals in the last 3 games? And in the Championship as well? His first-touch/control and movement have looked much much better recently, and I think he will go on to bag several more this season.As much as I would like Cody to have a chance to prove himself at the level, I am amazed (and slightly disturbed) at how some people are finding it so difficult to move on that they seem to think he has become a 20-goals-a-season Championship striker since he has been at Gillingham.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Dan Druff"]I assume it is impossible to recall Cody from Gillingham then?[/quote]No its not. Different type of loan.[/quote]

So the answer is Yes then, it is impossible!

I read somewhere that it was Gillingham that approached us for Cody and then we decided they could have him on loan if we could have Simeon.

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="official_mushy"]Yeah I thought it would be standard procedure to have some kind of call-back clause on our players going out on loan, especially when it''s a full season - though perhaps because Cody was part of a swap deal involving Jackson we may not have had that option during negotiations.[/quote]

Exactly - you don''t have to be a rocket scientist to work out that Cody on a season-long loan with no recall clause was more than likely a makeweight in the Jackson deal. Does anyone really think Paul Lambert is naive enough to need a lesson on loan recall clauses?! I certainly don''t.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Hasn''t Jackson got 4 goals in the last 3 games? And in the Championship as well? His first-touch/control and movement have looked much much better recently, and I think he will go on to bag several more this season.

As much as I would like Cody to have a chance to prove himself at the level, I am amazed (and slightly disturbed) at how some people are finding it so difficult to move on that they seem to think he has become a 20-goals-a-season Championship striker since he has been at Gillingham.
[/quote]

Yes, Jackson has done well, but that has to be put in the context of 3 goals which were virtually tap-ins against a very poor Scunthorpe side who were down to 10 men with Holt already having put 3 in against them before Jackson came on for the final 30 mins against tired defenders. The one against Watford was again a tap-in against tired defenders after he came on as a fresh-legged sub.

If you''ve followed Cody''s exploits as I have, you''ll have seen that many of his goals have been class, albeit at a lower level, and for most games he has played the whole 90 minutes which proves his stamina.  In contrast to most others on here, I''m certain that he will score loads in the Championship, just as I was with Holt when others thought he wouldn''t.  I''ve been proved correct on one and will be on another IMO.

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="I.S."][quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="official_mushy"]Yeah I thought it would be standard procedure to have some kind of call-back clause on our players going out on loan, especially when it''s a full season - though perhaps because Cody was part of a swap deal involving Jackson we may not have had that option during negotiations.[/quote]Exactly - you don''t have to be a rocket scientist to work out that Cody on a season-long loan with no recall clause was more than likely a makeweight in the Jackson deal. Does anyone really think Paul Lambert is naive enough to need a lesson on loan recall clauses?! I certainly don''t.[/quote]

[/quote]Hasn''t Jackson got 4 goals in the last 3 games? And in the Championship as well? His first-touch/control and movement have looked much much better recently, and I think he will go on to bag several more this season.As much as I would like Cody to have a chance to prove himself at the level, I am amazed (and slightly disturbed) at how some people are finding it so difficult to move on that they seem to think he has become a 20-goals-a-season Championship striker since he has been at Gillingham.[/quote]

Yes, Jackson has done well, but that has to be put in the context of 3 goals which were virtually tap-ins against a very poor Scunthorpe side who were down to 10 men with Holt already having put 3 in against them before Jackson came on for the final 30 mins against tired defenders. The one against Watford was again a tap-in against tired defenders after he came on as a fresh-legged sub.

If you''ve followed Cody''s exploits as I have, you''ll have seen that many of his goals have been class, albeit at a lower level, and for most games he has played the whole 90 minutes which proves his stamina.  In contrast to most others on here, I''m certain that he will score loads in the Championship, just as I was with Holt when others thought he wouldn''t.  I''ve been proved correct on one and will be on another IMO.

[/quote]I wouldn''t read that much into Cody''s class goals in the fourth division

- there have been many players over the years who look a class above in

the lower divisions but can''t cut it in the Championship. Delighted to see one of our players doing well, but if given the choice, right at this moment I wouldn''t swap him for Jackson.As I said, I would definitely like to see Cody at least given a chance in the Championship, but I think you''re being a bit harsh on Jackson. His last 4 goals might not have been 20 yarders, but you still have to be in the right place at the right time, and I think his movement has improved greatly. We''re crying out for a goal poacher, and I hope he can be that player over the last 5 games.

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="I.S."][quote user="paul moy"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Hasn''t Jackson got 4 goals in the last 3 games? And in the Championship as well? His first-touch/control and movement have looked much much better recently, and I think he will go on to bag several more this season.

As much as I would like Cody to have a chance to prove himself at the level, I am amazed (and slightly disturbed) at how some people are finding it so difficult to move on that they seem to think he has become a 20-goals-a-season Championship striker since he has been at Gillingham.
[/quote]

[/quote]

R.e Jackson. It''s nice when strikers score 25 yard screamers, but they don''t get you anymore points than a Gary Lineker 3 yard sizzler - The job is to be in the right time at the right place. You are either born with that instinct, or you are not. Jackson is.

[quote user="Alex"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="I.S."][quote user="paul moy"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

R.e Jackson. It''s nice when strikers score 25 yard screamers, but they don''t get you anymore points than a Gary Lineker 3 yard sizzler - The job is to be in the right time at the right place. You are either born with that instinct, or you are not. Jackson is.[/quote]

I think you''ll get what I mean, Paul. I can type better when I''m drunk, it''s the 12th man in me. Not that I''ve had 12 men in me of course.

Of course Alex, all goals are welcome from wherever and how they come, and nobody wants Jackson to do well more than I do. I just want to see him score consistently against the better defences, starting with Forest tomorrow.