Sign in to follow this  
Jersey Canary

External Striker Options

I reckon that we shoudl take a look at Gary O Connor who has just been released by Barnsley. As he is a free agent I think we can snap him up.

He was once sold for £2.6m and is a big lad who can replace Holt and or Vokes until the end of the season. If he does well who knows maybe we keep him.

The other alternative is to have a look at Benni McCarthy to see if he is fit enough to do us a job until the end of the seasons but he does have a weight problem according to David Sullivan!

What do you think?

I don''t think its a good idea, for all sorts of reasons, to just rush out and buy someone.

It''s only until the end of the season. The other alternative is to go into matches with small men up front and try an d blitz teams with pace.

[quote user="Jersey Canary"]It''s only until the end of the season. The other alternative is to go into matches with small men up front and try an d blitz teams with pace.[/quote]I really don''t think people will be available, and if they are any good they won''t be interested in coming for such a short time.

Gary O''Connor was released by Barnsley for a reason, he clearly was not good enough for a lower mid-table team so can''t see him being good enough for us. We still have Jackson & Pacheco, hopefully Martin is not far off and Vokes can cover for Holt until after Ipswich when hopefully he might be fit again. Last resort get Oli Johnson back to sit on the bench as a backup.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Jersey Canary"]It''s only until the end of the season. The other alternative is to go into matches with small men up front and try an d blitz teams with pace.[/quote]I really don''t think people will be available, and if they are any good they won''t be interested in coming for such a short time.[/quote]Thought we were talking about free agents?

[quote user="Barbie"]Sure SDP said that Oli is back on Saturday.
[/quote]

Glad to hear the Social Democratic Party are still alive and now focusing their policies on football related activity