Sign in to follow this  
Lennon7

Chris Martin very doubtful for tomorrow.

Sorry if this has been posted already. EDP writer Chris Lakey has said on twitter that the club are trying to organise a behind-closed door friendly to help him along. Shame that, thought it could have possibly been his night!

I''m not sure i really understand this. If he is no longer injured, why does it seem he''s being kept away from the first team until he''s match fit? Which is impossible anyway as he''ll only get match fit by playing in a (proper) match. Surely he''s good for a place on the bench. It''s not as if he''s going to collapse after 45mins, all the players are fit. Unless he''s been sitting on th sofa eating Domino''s since the day he did his hamstring!

[quote user="a1canary"]I''m not sure i really understand this. If he is no longer injured, why does it seem he''s being kept away from the first team until he''s match fit? Which is impossible anyway as he''ll only get match fit by playing in a (proper) match. Surely he''s good for a place on the bench. It''s not as if he''s going to collapse after 45mins, all the players are fit. Unless he''s been sitting on th sofa eating Domino''s since the day he did his hamstring!
[/quote]

Totally agree with this.

With no reserve matches anyway surely we will have this problem whenever a player has a long term injury?? Not sure but did Surman play any kind of friendly / ''reserve'' match on the two occasions he came back from his knee injury?  Far from ideal to pitch CM straight back in but no-one is saying he must play 90 mins. He could be on the bench and have 20 mins. or could start and play 30 mins. or so. Most important question is ''has the injury healed''? If Yes, then lets see him play some part, the boy has quality and could just score the goals to get us over the line. 

Anyone who wants Martin kept out of the team is a clueless idiot. Not saying he should always start, but he is our best striker after Holt. Jackson was useless not so long ago and now he''s a shoe in for a start in most people''s eyes now. Martin would have hit form but for his injury and then he would have been flavour of the month just as Jackson is now. He has all the talent he needs at this level and probably higher, and more than most in the squad. He''s just still very young and still working out the mental side of the game. He is not helped by a section of his own fans though, who frankly, don''t have a f****** clue. If he goes elsewhere, which i rather think he might in the not to distant future, these particular fans are going to look very stupid when they see his success. Damn it makes me mad!

This is all a bit misleading, I think this comes from a quote from Monday''s Pre Watford Press Conference where Lambert said that Chrissy was over his injury but was just lacking a bit of match fitness after his 2 month lay off, and they were trying to get a couple of friendlies organised to help him along. With Holt''s possible injury the situation has changed, he''s got age on his side and I''m sure if we need him tonight then he''ll deliver.

bang on a1canary...he only a kid and has so much to give. I still believe he has the potential to be the best finisher at the club...fingers X''ed he sorts himself out and has a better run of luck.