Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Time for Edwards tomorrow

Maybe Whitbread needs a rest/break

If we can keep a clean sheet tomorrow then we will win. Jackson and McNamee look up for it as much as Holt doesn''t.

No use having a squad if you are not going to use it. What I have been impressed with is the way players seemed to have dropped/out of favour then have returned all guns blazing.

Expect a couple of ''unusual team changes'' tomorrow.

Whitbread over Ward any day, he has been our week link for most of the season. Was seriously suspect for most of the match on Tuesday. Edwards also looked shaky when he made his one cameo this year, so stability may be the best option for now and hope that the team as a whole can defend manfully...

Not sure either should start - Vokes & Pacheco up front perhaps? - but definitely bring them on early 2nd half. Start with Lappin instead of Surman. Could start with Korey instead of Fox/Crofts, or bring him on with the other two. Or could bring Lansbury/Surman on to replace Lappin. Or vice-versa.Lots of luverly options!!

to be honest , i would start with all 3 , we dont want to concede,

ruddy

martin   ward     whitbread    edwards   tierney

crofts             surman          lappin

vokes               jackson

I think that Surman is a better and more classy footballer than Lappin. However, Lappin seems to be more effective.

The latter makes the most of his strengths.

Surman aint so bad either.

[quote user="delboycanary"]

ruddy

[/quote]

Gosh Delboy, far too defensive. Cannot agree with that. Fox is a sound defensive midfielder with impact going forward so why three central defenders?

Hooli might not be ready, but Pacheco is as brilliant as they say IMO. Gosh we need him surely. I also think Chris Martin is a cleverer player to feed off him than Vokes. The latter is a bit limited for my liking.

[quote user="Brighton Yellow"]Whitbread over Ward any day, he has been our week link for most of the season.  [/quote]

Not this rubbish again.

I''ll say one more time... Ward just really has not been a weak link. He''s been first choice in the centre of defence from the off and we''ve had a great season. That would not have happened if we had this "weak link" in the heart of our defence on such a regular basis.

Also, look at Zak''s defending for Swansea''s 3rd goal and Watford''s 2nd, he made a total hash of defending both situations. Infact they were very similar situations, he was very weak in defending the ball out at the touchline.

Now, I like both Ward and Whitbread but you can''t come out calling Ward the weak link when Zak is making huge mistakes like that.

My starting 11 would be:

GK - Ruddy

RB - R Martin

LB - Tierney

CB - Ward

CB - Whitbread

DM - Fox

MC(R) - Crofts

MC (L) - Lappin

AM - Hoolahan

SC - Holt (if fit) / Vokes

SC - Jackson

Subs

Rudd

McNamee

Surman

Edwards

Pacheco

K Smith

Lansbury

Vokes on bench somewhere if Holt fit!?

Just think Lappin always gives 100% and gives us excellent balance on that side - have so many options on the bench too! Good times. Playing Hooly is fit.

[quote user="delboycanary"]

ruddy

[/quote]

What you really want their, is Drury in for Tierney (more defensive), Fox and Smith in midfield with Lappin, Martin who can''t shoot :P and Jackson who won''t score, as their won''t be anyone to put the ball into the 6 yard box for him. go for the 0-0

Here''s my lineup, I think Korey will add some energy and bite in the tackle and Lappin will protect the defence a bit more and give us balance. They must both be eager to play their part too.

Ruddy

Martin Ward Whitbread Tierney

Korey Hoolahan Lappin

Vokes Jackson

Subs: Pacheco, McNamee, Drury, Crofts, Edwards, Rudd, Lansbury.

Ward and Whitbread are building a partnership. They''ve had two shaky games so you want to break up this partnership by adding another player into the mix, who has no understanding with either Ward and Whitbread and who has not played 90 minutes in months.

Some also wish to bring Drury in for Tierney because he is more defensive minded. Crikey someone missed the last 2 games where Tierney has been the best defender for us.

Someone else wants to drop Fox and play Surman in the middle of the park! That tops the lot...can''t wait to see the strong, tough-tackling Surman in the middle!

I can see where these Canary Call candidates come from now!

That line up is OK if Korey has got over the eye infection that ruled him out at Watford.

[quote user="NeonYellow"]Here''s my lineup, I think Korey will add some energy and bite in the tackle and Lappin will protect the defence a bit more and give us balance. They must both be eager to play their part too.

Ruddy

Korey Hoolahan Lappin

Vokes Jackson

Subs: Pacheco, McNamee, Drury, Crofts, Edwards, Rudd, Lansbury.[/quote]only 10 players, we might struggle! I guess you mean Fox in there too

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="Brighton Yellow"]Whitbread over Ward any day, he has been our week link for most of the season.  [/quote]

Not this rubbish again.

I''ll say one more time... Ward just really has not been a weak link. He''s been first choice in the centre of defence from the off and we''ve had a great season. That would not have happened if we had this "weak link" in the heart of our defence on such a regular basis.

Also, look at Zak''s defending for Swansea''s 3rd goal and Watford''s 2nd, he made a total hash of defending both situations. Infact they were very similar situations, he was very weak in defending the ball out at the touchline.

Now, I like both Ward and Whitbread but you can''t come out calling Ward the weak link when Zak is making huge mistakes like that.

[/quote]Spot on with  the Whitbread comment there. Ward dived in a few times against Swans but i thought looked far more reliable than Zak who had a mare.

[quote user="NeonYellow"]Here''s my lineup, I think Korey will add some energy and bite in the tackle and Lappin will protect the defence a bit more and give us balance. They must both be eager to play their part too.

Ruddy

Korey Hoolahan Lappin

Vokes Jackson

Subs: Pacheco, McNamee, Drury, Crofts, Edwards, Rudd, Lansbury.[/quote]Must be pretty confident of thrashing Forest then mate.... Do we really need to start with 10 men!? ;p

[quote user="City1st"]Maybe Whitbread needs a rest/break

If we can keep a clean sheet tomorrow then we will win. Jackson and McNamee look up for it as much as Holt doesn''t.

No use having a squad if you are not going to use it. What I have been impressed with is the way players seemed to have dropped/out of favour then have returned all guns blazing.

Expect a couple of ''unusual team changes'' tomorrow.[/quote]

I''ve been thinking the same. All the focus has been on our strike force but we''ve conceded 5 in 2 games.

Perhaps a recall for Drury, Smith and Lappin is in order to keep everyone fresh and hungry.

I agree we''ll win providing we keep a clean sheet. Most logical strengthening would be to play Lappin instead of Surman. Tierney has been doing overtime lately (playing very well in the process) - and that left hand side needs shoring up in my opinion. Not least to help cut off the potential supply line to Earnshaw. 

Lapps gives us a real ''Braveheat'' boost too - just what we''ll need tonight.

GK ruddyRB Rusty MartinLB TierneyCB EdwardsCB WhitbreadDM CroftsCM LansburyCM FoxCM SmithATT JacksonATT VokesSubsRuddSurmanWardLappinPachechoMcNameeHoolahan/Chris Martin/Holt depending on fitness level

I can''t persoanlly see PL making about 3 or 4 changes from the past few games. I don;t think we want to make too many changes and spoil the balance. I am guessing Holt wont be playing and that will be pretty much the only change if maybe 1 more....

Obv if Hooly is fit he will return also