Sign in to follow this  
lincoln canary (& Golden Coppel)

Should have pushed the boat out....

I think your right if we had those players we would have had an even better chance but at what cost? Is the gamble worth it?

We tried, offered big bucks for both, but we weren''t going to be held to ransom.

Easy to spend others money, isn''t it?

[quote user="lincoln canary"]We will never get a better chance to go up[/quote]I''ve seen this sort of thing posted quite a lot recently and I don''t really understand it. We''re a work in progress with a young manager and a relatively young team. If we don''t go up this season (and I still think we will) there will be other chances.

[quote user="G"]I think your right if we had those players we would have had an even better chance but at what cost? Is the gamble worth it?[/quote]

I honestly didn''t see it as that much of a gamble as we were in an excellent position. Let''s face it we''ve been very lucky with injuries to key players this season and we all knew risk by not adding more quality. I know how negative this post is, I''m just really frustrated we didn''t sign more quality - at least then the board could say we gave it a good go.

CMS wasn''t worth it in the end. Peterbrough wanted waaay over the odds for him. Bennett maybe, but we don''t have an injured winger, so meh.

Quality or not, and that''s always debatable with players from lower leagues, there was never any absolute guarantee that the 2 players you mentioned would have done what you appear to assume they would have.

Lansbury , Vokes and Pacheco are all quality.. If we miss out on automatic 2nd place promotion there is another chance, its called the play-offs.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]...... And signed CMS & E.Bennet. Injuries to key players are costing us dearly. We will never get a better chance to go up and we failed to bring to the squad what was required. Without Holt and Wes we are no where near good enough and will struggle to stay in the playoffs.[/quote]We may have got both and they may have both got injuries. You can''t second guess it. We have more than enough to do this still.

[quote user="CDMullins"]Jesus Christ.[/quote]did we put a bid him for him??

How can you buy somebody who isn''t for sale. Bennett was never available and CMS was being sold by Dick Turpin aka Barry Fry for extortionate amounts.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="lincoln canary"]...... And signed CMS & E.Bennet. Injuries to key players are costing us dearly. We will never get a better chance to go up and we failed to bring to the squad what was required. Without Holt and Wes we are no where near good enough and will struggle to stay in the playoffs.[/quote]We may have got both and they may have both got injuries. You can''t second guess it. We have more than enough to do this still.[/quote]What Ricardo said... [Y]CMS was far too over-priced anyhow and I am not sure that he would have been any improvement on what we have had here (and most people grumbled about) all season long.Maybe being as pricey as he was though, he would have banged in at least 12 goals over the last few games for us?  Surely he should be doing at least that well considering he is such a major improvement on Simeon and he would have cost at least 3 times more than him???Spending big on overpriced individuals would have done absolutely nothing for us whether we won promotion or not.  We are hardly flush with cash and will need that money to add to our summer transfer kitty, whether we are promoted or not.We ain''t out of this YET!!!

[quote user="Gorn2Hell"][quote user="CDMullins"]Jesus Christ.[/quote]did we put a bid him for him??[/quote]Yeah, but they wanted heaven and earth for him.

"Rather have had all of them, that would have been ambition! "

God how bad is it that cretns like this attach themselves to our club ?

Remind us all dimwit how we happen to be a point off automatic spot. Lack of ''hambition''. Yes that''s the cause. ''Hambition''

The bleat of the teminally thick who can''t quite grasp why the club isn''t as stupid as they are.

We lose away to Swansea and draw away to Watford and the whole world is going to end.

The fact is we got the result I and most other realistic fans would have expected. If these games weren''t next to each other and instead played in November and Janauary would you still be complaing at the lack of ambition?

We tried to bring in CMS and Bennett, we offered good money, we brought in two decent players anyway....look at the bigger picture and support the team.

Were 3rd in the league, would you rather we were 3rd from bottom?

[quote user="Bovril"]We lose away to Swansea and draw away to Watford and the whole world is going to end.

The fact is we got the result I and most other realistic fans would have expected. If these games weren''t next to each other and instead played in November and Janauary would you still be complaing at the lack of ambition?

We tried to bring in CMS and Bennett, we offered good money, we brought in two decent players anyway....look at the bigger picture and support the team.

Were 3rd in the league, would you rather we were 3rd from bottom?[/quote]Spot on [Y]

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="Gorn2Hell"]Rather have pacheco and vokes!![/quote] Rather have had all of them, that would have been ambition![/quote]

I would rather have a five bedroom house and an Aston Martin, but I can''t sway that loan with the Bank Manager.

I dont see where it would have put the club in massive trouble as the two players talked about would have been assets who would command money if we failed to go up. Dont get me wrong i think City have done great this season we would have all taken 6th at the start of the season and personally i thought about tenth so we are on a brucie bonus anyway imo.

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="lincoln canary"]We will never get a better chance to go up[/quote]I''ve seen this sort of thing posted quite a lot recently and I don''t really understand it. We''re a work in progress with a young manager and a relatively young team. If we don''t go up this season (and I still think we will) there will be other chances.[/quote]

These opportunities come along all too infrequently so I can fully understand OP''s point of view. IMHO if we do not gain promotion this season Lambert will have lefet the club for bigger and better things by the end of the summer.

I have memories our best season in top league we scored so many late goals mostly by Mark Robins and if im not wrong after we lost 1-3 Man U then we colapsed and last day with 3-3 away at Boro we catch uefa sport(waiting arsenal or sheff wed to take both cups)

Only analogue with this many late goals and also unespected many to see us now top and 20 eyear ago also on top....

I have little bit lost my faith for 2nd spot (mostly because we badly need Holt and Hoolahan)but if they back soon will be amaizing with this passing game to be on Wembley grass!

About Pacheko ....

I watch often on liverpooltv reserves games coz i often bet on this league and must say that is hardly to espect somthing different from him this days.

He is play same also this league he is never close to Hollahan deffensive play also he must be very tired with tempo played 3 games in 6 days we must rest him and use it as sub imo.