Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

So, all of a sudden, we're rubbish then

Sometimes I wonder just what it is that people want. Here we are after 2 seasons of virtually unprecedented success & the majority of the posts I read are simply whinging & moaning. Some of the comments in the last 2 weeks, based on what we knew were always going to be 2 difficult away games, are almost unbelieveable. The 6-0 demolition of Scunthorpe, who have since beaten QPR, is all but forgotten. It''s also somewhat ironic that lots of people on here are quick to criticise Canary Call but in all honesty, this board can teach callers to that show a thing or two about not being able to see the wood for the trees.

Crofts has lost it, Surman is useless, we don''t show enough ambition, Whitbread needs a rest, we need to get yet another striker in, we should have spent £5m+ to "guarantee" promotion (ah, that old chestnut), Ruddy isn''t good enough, Lansbury has become dissapointing, Ward is clumsy, Pacheco hasn''t lived up to early promise etc etc etc - I could go on.

This board is getting just as bad as it was during the end of the 08/09 season - moan, moan, moan. At least then there was a good reason to whinge, but not now.

No, we haven''t become a bad team overnight. We are still 3rd and still in with a great chance of promotion to the Premiership. I would have taken that at the start of the season. "Squeaky bum time" has well & truely arrived & it''s unlikely that everything will go our way but that''s no reason to start slagging off anything & everything.

Give it a rest & leave it to the Manager & the team.

Very good post i feel the same way,come lets get behind our team,and stop moaning!

A draw away at Watford would not have been considered a bad result during our unbeaten run, so I don''t see why it should be now. A well battled point away. And for the millionth time, the ''moaners'' should remember that our 2 closest rivals will not win all of their last games and neither will we I don''t expect - but I''m still sure as hell we''re gonna finish 2nd. There really isn''t anything in it!.

It''s very important to remember that Cardiff are prone to winning big and then cocking up in games when you don''t expect it - They won''t win all their last games, and as for Swansea, they bottled it with a draw on Tuesday didn''t they? But no one seems to have noticed this!.

I agree with the OP, let''s stop making a mountain of a molehill - Not now whilst we''ve got as good a chance as ANYONE around us!.

Tis almost getting funny how people are starting to implode over this!

OTBC

[quote user="Making Plans"]

Sometimes I wonder just what it is that people want. Here we are after 2 seasons of virtually unprecedented success & the majority of the posts I read are simply whinging & moaning. Some of the comments in the last 2 weeks, based on what we knew were always going to be 2 difficult away games, are almost unbelieveable. The 6-0 demolition of Scunthorpe, who have since beaten QPR, is all but forgotten. It''s also somewhat ironic that lots of people on here are quick to criticise Canary Call but in all honesty, this board can teach callers to that show a thing or two about not being able to see the wood for the trees.

Crofts has lost it, Surman is useless, we don''t show enough ambition, Whitbread needs a rest, we need to get yet another striker in, we should have spent £5m+ to "guarantee" promotion (ah, that old chestnut), Ruddy isn''t good enough, Lansbury has become dissapointing, Ward is clumsy, Pacheco hasn''t lived up to early promise etc etc etc - I could go on.

This board is getting just as bad as it was during the end of the 08/09 season - moan, moan, moan. At least then there was a good reason to whinge, but not now.

No, we haven''t become a bad team overnight. We are still 3rd and still in with a great chance of promotion to the Premiership. I would have taken that at the start of the season. "Squeaky bum time" has well & truely arrived & it''s unlikely that everything will go our way but that''s no reason to start slagging off anything & everything.

[/quote]At last a penny drop post.............nice one MP.

[quote user="Twitchy"][quote user="Making Plans"]

[/quote]At last a penny drop post.............nice one MP.[/quote]

I would just like to add to Twitchy''s sentiment - One of the best posts I''ve seen on this board since the Scunthorpe game. You couldn''t have put it better, Making Plans *thumbs up*

[quote user="Alex"]A draw away at Watford would not have been considered a bad result during our unbeaten run, so I don''t see why it should be now. A well battled point away. And for the millionth time, the ''moaners'' should remember that our 2 closest rivals will not win all of their last games and neither will we I don''t expect - but I''m still sure as hell we''re gonna finish 2nd. There really isn''t anything in it!. It''s very important to remember that Cardiff are prone to winning big and then cocking up in games when you don''t expect it - They won''t win all their last games, and as for Swansea, they bottled it with a draw on Tuesday didn''t they? But no one seems to have noticed this!. I agree with the OP, let''s stop making a mountain of a molehill - Not now whilst we''ve got as good a chance as ANYONE around us!. Tis almost getting funny how people are starting to implode over this! OTBC[/quote]

^^^^^ this plus OP [Y]

"Whitbread needs a rest"

I posed the question of maybe, not a statement that he was.

As to the board being what it was a few years back that is not a reasoned comparison. if you look at some of the idiot posts they tend to be from the same suspects with little or no argument to back them up.

Fans will always have varied views on individual players abilities and performance, that is the nature of the game and in some ways one of it''s interests

It is because the" no hambition'', the club has let us down etc" posts are so infrequent that they stand out now where as virtually every other thread back then was a pretty nasty post alleging as near as theft, fraud and lord knows what against the manager the board and the owners. Those days are gone.

In fact some of the threads now are in their own way quite amusing, in the sense that when challenged the op invariably reverts to '' well, it''s my opinion'' rather than any attempt to justify what they have said.

So I shouldn''t worry. For every dimwit moaning there''s another 99 who know how far we have come, know how much the overwhelming majority of genuine fans have been behind the club if only in turning up at games and know that as well as busting a gut pretty much everybody at the club has done a superb job turning the club round.

If we don''t make it into second, well I''ll know it weren''t for the want of trying, likewise if we don''t make it through the playoffs I''ll be gutted. As I expect will a very, large number of others, I also know that the weasels, the whingers and whiners will be out in force. Ist wiz might even return.

But f*** ''em, this has been two of the best seasons I''ve known for a very very long time and no moaning little sh**s on here are going to spoil or take away that, so onward and upward to the Premier.

[/quote]Absolutely agree with you on this.  Hit the nail right on the head.  its exactly why i stopped posting on this forum.  there are some great discussions on here but the whinging is beyond the joke.  Sometimes i cant believe what people have posted even after we have demolished some teams.  Never happy some people.

We are very good and have had a splendid season. That being said it looks like we have come off the boil at the wrong time and lost a firm advantage so far as automatic promotion is concerned. It is just one of those things but it disappointing nevertheless

I like what the OP has said.

It is important to remember none of us operate in the past or the future – only in the ‘here & now’. Focussing on doing the very best we can (with all we currently have) is the most effective way to get maximum performance; football is not an exact science by a long way is it?

Norwich dropping 5 points in the last 6 is pretty serious, but I simply cannot see that continuing. Hopefully it’s the turn of other teams to wobble now!

Just like the runners in a middle-distance race – coming into the last bend on the shoulder of only 2 competitors ahead of you is a mighty fine place to be. Providing we get back into second I don’t see us relinquishing that position again.

It all starts this evening!

MP - I understand what you are saying and over the season we have had a good one.If you''d have said ''Lets look at the bigger picture'' but you do say all of a sudden we''re rubbish, and to be pedantic over the last two games we have shipped in 5 goals, had two 1st halfs where we have lost it,defending has been poor and a midfield that has gone awol.

PL has said that at Watford he would have thrown tea cups if they were available, and at Swansea we lost it in the first half too. If PL has noticed this I don''t believe its unfair for the fans to notice this either.I believe we are facing a dip in form or we are just running out of legs for the season.

These players haven''t suddenly become bad players but something is a miss?Now I know I''ll be ridiculed for saying this but I only want promotion but sometimes you have to face the facts too. ;)

OTBC

Our players must feel under enormous pressure and with things so close, they are having to play every game at 100 miles per hour, at the end of a long hard Championship season. I really admire their obvious determination, they must be exhausted and in some cases, are trying to return from injury earlier than they probably would like. I expect some of them are having sleepless nights and we can ask no more of them than what they are giving. They are only human!

[/quote]

Good post but who on here said that "we''re rubbish" ? I must have missed it.

Without any offence to the OP, as this has been an offence committed by a collective.But moaning about the moaners is actually starting to annoy me more than the moaners themselves!

I agree Morty.

I don''t actually think there have been that many posts that have been full of people moaning anyway. As long as people are constructive in any criticism and actually have an opinion on how we could improve (e.g. We lost at Swansea because of x and I think we should have done y) then I don''t see the problem. I find those that think that PL is above any criticism because of the job he has done so far to be a little creepy to be honest.

[quote user="morty"]Without any offence to the OP, as this has been an offence committed by a collective.

But moaning about the moaners is actually starting to annoy me more than the moaners themselves!
[/quote]

What about those moaning about the moaning about the moaners? [;)]

[quote user="macdougalls perm"]

[quote user="morty"]Without any offence to the OP, as this has been an offence committed by a collective.But moaning about the moaners is actually starting to annoy me more than the moaners themselves![/quote]

[/quote]I see what you did there.[:)]

If so many of you hadn''t helped inflate the ''expectation bubble'' these off track results would not be such a big issue.Looking in from the real world it is making the new age ''supporter'' look very naive and childish. It has been a remarkable season and it should be seen as that what ever happens.

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]If so many of you hadn''t helped inflate the ''expectation bubble'' these off track results would not be such a big issue.Looking in from the real world it is making the new age ''supporter'' look very naive and childish. It has been a remarkable season and it should be seen as that what ever happens.[/quote]

I think it was the consistent run of results that inflated expectations but I agree that whatever happens it has been a fabulous season and I wish Lambert well when he moves onto bigger and better at the end of it.

[quote user="macdougalls perm"]

[quote user="morty"]Without any offence to the OP, as this has been an offence committed by a collective.

But moaning about the moaners is actually starting to annoy me more than the moaners themselves!
[/quote]

[/quote]

Mac, I''m going to have to have a quick moan about that moaning post if you don''t mind mate, although I shouldn''t really be moaning about that post, I should be out moan the lawn before the missus starts moaning again. So, can you please stop moaning about moaning about the moaning of moaners. Ta, Al

[quote user="canaryfan68"]

MP - I understand what you are saying and over the season we have had a good one.If you''d have said ''Lets look at the bigger picture'' but you do say all of a sudden we''re rubbish, and to be pedantic over the last two games we have shipped in 5 goals, had two 1st halfs where we have lost it,defending has been poor and a midfield that has gone awol.

PL has said that at Watford he would have thrown tea cups if they were available, and at Swansea we lost it in the first half too. If PL has noticed this I don''t believe its unfair for the fans to notice this either.I believe we are facing a dip in form or we are just running out of legs for the season.

These players haven''t suddenly become bad players but something is a miss?Now I know I''ll be ridiculed for saying this but I only want promotion but sometimes you have to face the facts too. ;)

OTBC

[/quote]

I agree something was amiss and I think it was called Wes Hoolahan.

[quote user="Lambert is King"][quote user="canaryfan68"]

OTBC

[/quote]

I agree something was amiss and I think it was called Wes Hoolahan.

[/quote]

Listening to Lamberts interview today, I reckon Wes will be back tonight - And Holty will return against Ipsh1t.