Sign in to follow this  
claud

20 years of Sky

Sky have been ''celebrating'' for a few months now, but do you think that their first ever Monday Night Football match will get a mention tonight?It was just under 19years ago on 31st August 1992 and finished 3-1 to us, and it was against Nottm Forest. I can remember it being a great atmosphere, with a hell of a lot of fireworks at the end. The best firework of the night was Ian Crook''s blinding free kick, and I seem to remember Andy Gray''s soundclip of "look at the bend on that ball" being used for seasons and seasons afterwards.We even had some dodgy band miming awfully in the centre circle at half time, when there wasn''t a single power lead running to the stage.

[quote user="a1canary"]Blimey. I remember this. Didn''t David Phillips get on the score sheet? Maybe this is a good omen![/quote]He did, along with Lee Power and Clough Jr for the visitors.

[quote user="claud"]Sky have been ''celebrating'' for a few months now, but do you think that their first ever Monday Night Football match will get a mention tonight?

It was just under 19years ago on 31st August 1992 and finished 3-1 to us, and it was against Nottm Forest. I can remember it being a great atmosphere, with a hell of a lot of fireworks at the end. The best firework of the night was Ian Crook''s blinding free kick, and I seem to remember Andy Gray''s soundclip of "look at the bend on that ball" being used for seasons and seasons afterwards.

We even had some dodgy band miming awfully in the centre circle at half time, when there wasn''t a single power lead running to the stage.

[/quote]

I was there , its was my birthday as well, if i remember didnt they have to stop the fireworks thing after one went off course into a crowd and injured someone ?

I''ve done well to convince myself differently at some time in the past 19 years then, ha ha!I do remember it being a good game, played in a great atmosphere.Can anybody remember who the awful ''band'' were? KWS with "Please don''t go"?I''m half hoping that Sky might get all nostalgic and show the goals in the build up tonight.

Sure was KWS with please dont go.They should bring back the sky dancers (dancing to alive and kicking) for one night only too.

Mark Robins left on the bench for that match despite passing a fitness test as Walker didn''t want to risk a lengthly injury.Perhaps an omen for tonight.

Got that whole game on tape somewhere . Seem to remember Crooks goal was in the 1st 5 mins of the game .

indeed. it wasn''t the first ever monday night game..and it also isnt 20 years...so all a bit pointless really!

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="a1canary"]Blimey. I remember this. Didn''t David Phillips get on the score sheet? Maybe this is a good omen![/quote]He did, along with Lee Power and Clough Jr for the visitors.[/quote]

Lee Power - I will never forget him, he really was a service to the community. Or something...

Wow! this brought back the memories! Great days.

Was definetly KWS - that guy had a huge mouth!

Didn''t Herbie Hide come on the pitch before kick off too?