Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

News on Holt

50 goals from 50 attempts?

VERY Good news if true, cant help but think you''re getting a little carried away here though pete!

Good news, considering the possible Vokes recall.Lets face it, if Holt was going to miss the rest of the season, we''d be screwed.

Great news, hope he is fit to face Forest and score against his former side who thought he wasn''t good enough!

[quote user="Excited Canary"][quote user="Snakepit Lass"]why did you take mine off, i posted before you :([/quote]I thought that was a bit harsh too![/quote] lol he wanted the glory

[quote user="NorfolkChance"]I doubt he''ll be risked for Forest. I know its a must win, but if there is any chance of him doing more damage for the rest of the season, I doubt he''ll play.Maybe 20 min off the bench if required.That''s my hunch anyway.[/quote]I think pretty much the same.Vokes and Jackson up front, Holt on the bench if he''s needed.

I dont know but possible it was cramp like PL said it might be and its just a pulled muscle from the cramp..? We will watch this space.. Even if he is on the bench or misses tomorrow its only likely to be 1 game he misses.

OTBC

What doesn''t add up?

It''s a minor injury and he''s only had a day or two to recover, he''s not going to be fully fit.

Like others, I would have him on the bench (with the intention that he rests the whole game and is not needed).

@alysha

you''ll know that Holt is highly thought of in Nottingham. They thought he wasn''t given a proper chance or that''s certainly the impression I got when I worked up there

[quote user="morty"][quote user="NorfolkChance"]I doubt he''ll be risked for Forest. I know its a must win, but if there is any chance of him doing more damage for the rest of the season, I doubt he''ll play.Maybe 20 min off the bench if required.That''s my hunch anyway.[/quote]I think pretty much the same.Vokes and Jackson up front, Holt on the bench if he''s needed.[/quote]

I''ll 3rd that, or 4th that, Morty. Crucial stage of the season, but getting the best part of a games rest will probably do Holty a favour too, and we''ve proven we can score from anywhere. I''m confident we''re going to beat Forest anyway - Thought Swansea would be the game we were due a loss, Watford a draw, and with rousing support behind us on Friday night, I think we''ll do to Forest what Swansea did to us ;)

[quote user="Ncfc26"]let us all pray[/quote]

What the FFFFFFFFF will that do? he needs one of those wonder pain killing jabs,  

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="Ncfc26"]let us all pray[/quote]

What the FFFFFFFFF will that do? he needs one of those wonder pain killing jabs,  

[/quote]What the FFFFFFFFF will that do ?Have one of those and he''ll probably be FFFFFFFFF''d for the rest of the season.

In fairness none of us really know except that the injury is minor...

PL is not going to say weather Holt is going to play or not for tactical reasons and therefore to say 50/50 keeps Nottingham Forest guessing... We will find out tomorrow! PL probably has a pretty good idea in his on mind already what he is actually gonna do! :)

Great news if it really was a minor injury, but I still have my doubts about that until I actually see him return and I certainly don''t think we will see him play on Friday. This is Lambert keeping Forest guessing IMO, and he will do this for every match until the end of the season if he feels it''s to the club''s advantage, just as he has done with Hoolahan in the past.  

[quote user="Give Peas a Chance "]@alysha you''ll know that Holt is highly thought of in Nottingham. They thought he wasn''t given a proper chance or that''s certainly the impression I got when I worked up there[/quote]

similar - people have said he started off well at Forest but then went downhill, so they moved him from playing as a striker and put him on the wing instead, which Forest fans thought was ridiculous and felt abit sorry for him despite him not playing well in his natural position. He was loaned out a few times too. Every Forest fan I know said he wouldn''t cut it in the Championship, how wrong they were!

[quote user="Making Plans"]

Minor injury but only 50/50 - doesn''t add up for me

[/quote]

It''s obviously a strain, not a tear, so it makes sense to me. I think risking him would be silly while we still have Vokes. Better to have him back for the game against Town, that''s only a week away! There is no point in the club saying Holt is or isn''t fit. Of course we want to know but it''s better to say 50–50 and keep Forest guessing. If he''s fit great, let''s just wait and see.

Well if it''s not a minor injury I''d certainly like to know why the physio didn''t even take a look and why he remained on the field until the end. That''s the bit that wouldn''t add up to me.

[quote user="Bovril"]What doesn''t add up? It''s a minor injury and he''s only had a day or two to recover, he''s not going to be fully fit. [/quote]

Depends what you call a "minor injury"

I would have thought that most playes, and especially Holt, play every week with "minor injuries".

Therefore I can''t understand why he''s only 50/50 for the game because in my book a minor injury doesn''t stop you playing. 

I think him and Hoolahan are both out for the season, although Lambert/etc are understandably not letting on.

I sincerely hope I''m wrong, but just what I think.