Sign in to follow this  
pete

Elliott was immense

Elliott Ward was immense.  Holt and Hooly gave everyone a lift.  Jackson comes of age.

Canary caller can''t tell difference between Zak and Wardy, Ward did the last munute interception that was offside.

He''s had an excellent season for us, can''t understand people who have doubted him and said we should have had Edwards in the team tonight.

He, like Whitbread, was an absolute tower of strength tonight.

The whole defence was magnificent today. They only had one notable shot on target and a flukey goal!

[quote user="Largey"]The whole defence was magnificent today. They only had one notable shot on target and a flukey goal![/quote]\

hmm I not agree at all .....

We have very fragile in deffence and some parts and they have 2 post''s and some others at least 3 100% chanses + they have the ball for long periods.

My opinion great win but team look a bit nervouse and may be also tyred a little bit after 3rd game in 6 days and come from 2 away games 1 pt etc.

we can win all till end is good fixture enough time to relax now and won Ipshit then play against 3 uninterested teams but also I see cardiff much possible win all games too

One is sure we garanteed play off spot today!

Thought both Ward and Whitbread had a very good second half but they both had a couple of dodgy moments in the first half when they were turned in the channel around the side of the area. I think it''s possibly a combination of our full backs being forced to push on to provide width and leaving them exposed and the fact that neither look that quick on the turn but it is a slight concern. The goal (although a complete fluke) came from that channel on Whitbread''s side as did the chance that hit the post. Ward had a similar struggle on the other side of the box before Whitbread cleared the shot off the line in the first half.A good performance from both centre backs but if I were an opposition manager I know where I''d be looking to attack Norwich.

They may have had the ball around the box but they didn''t get a clear opportunity to score, other than when McGoldrick scuffed a volley straight at Ruddy following a free kick. That was down to resilient defending and strong tackles.

Easily the boy Wards best game for us.

We all know his flaws but he was outstanding and must have run Surman very close for man of the match. Ward is quality when he switches on mentally. Tonight he was just that, made that blinding last minute tackle and won every header. Wouldn''t be Ward without the odd dodgy pass but overall he was superb.

All Forests good approach play came to nought as it foundered on the rock that is Ward and Whitbread.

The defence was good but Forest were a tadge unlucky too...did they not hit the post and have one effort cleared off the line. We put in the effort and hard work and got the luck of the breaks too which sometimes happens the harder you work...;)

OTBC