Sign in to follow this  
crowey66

ZAK WAS SUPERB.....

ive been going to Carra Rud for many years and that was one of the best performances i have seen from a center back for a long time.ABSOLUTELY OUTSTANDING.

Usually at the ground but watched on TV tonight. In addition to your comment someone said on Radio Norfolk he was MOM.

I thought in the first half our defence looked pretty awful and Whitbread in particular was having a bad game. Was losing his marker quite easily and in no way was he a dominant figure.

To be fair he and Ward were much better in secondhalf and won most balls in the air. Our midfield never got to grips throughout the match which did not help our defenders. Forest had plenty of the ball but fortunately for us did very little when they got near the penalty box.

Both CB''s were good, although Whitbread in particular had a few scary moments, but in reality against quality opposition that is too be expected!

If Whitbread could use his right foot like his left foot then he would be in the Premiership!

Totally a game of two halves in my opinion for whitbread, thought Tyson had him scared in the first half and his clearances were poor. Also got turned to easily in the box when they hit the post

But Grant must have stuck a rocket up him at half time because he kept Tyson quiet and earnshaw didn''t get a look in. Also the foresight to cover the line when the angled shot was made, very good.

Have said it on another post though I thought tierney was supurb, came across several times to cover, went forward really strongly and work tiredlessly up and down the wing for 96 minutes, combining really well with surman. I think they have a good understanding now

Ward was better on the floor than Zak.  Whitbread has been poor in games against Swansea (attempted backpass) Watford (no attempt to put ball out on right wing for Watford 2nd) and what was he doing for Forest opener.  He owed us a decent performance.  Agree Tierney looks class Adam who?

On the way home from the game, Radio Norfolk texters and callers constantly praised Whitbread''s performance. I thought it was odd personally as in my opinion Ward had a better game than Whitbread!I feel Whitbread had been especially bad in the previous 2 games, so perhaps it was the comparison. But i thought Ward put his body on the line and won every ball he could! Positioning was MUCH better second half.Musn''t forget Forest are a decent team, and have quite a bit of pace and power upfront, so credit has to go to the defence!