Sign in to follow this  
Kolin Kob

Forest player ratings

Ruddy 6 - looked a bit low on self-beliefFox 6 - anonymous I thought. though I didn''t see him do too much wrongWhitbread 7 - strong performance, though one or two slightly shaky performancesTierney 8 - another sterling effort. poor adam druryWard 7 - see WhitbreadHoolahan 8 - so good to have him back!Holt 8 - a Grant Holt Performance (TM)Jackson 8 - excellent performance. always made problems for forest, and Surman 9 - excellent. needed to be after last gameCrofts 7 - bustlingR Martin 8 - good going forward, but also great at the back this time, unlike v. watfordLappin 6 - no real impact; not enough timeLansbury 7 - got into good positionsEdwards

7 - one last ditch clearance. I think that was him at least. Don''t

think he did anything else, but that was all he needed to do.Forest 8 - a good side! surprised they''re not up there with us right now.Lambert 8 - right decisions at the right times - although I wanted to see McNamee!!Referee 9 - allowed the game to flow, meaning this was one of the most exciting games i''ve seen norwich involved in for a while

[quote user="Kolin Kob"]Ruddy 6 - looked a bit low on self-beliefFox 6 - anonymous I thought. though I didn''t see him do too much wrongWhitbread 7 - strong performance, though one or two slightly shaky performancesTierney 8 - another sterling effort. poor adam druryWard 7 - see WhitbreadHoolahan 8 - so good to have him back!Holt 8 - a Grant Holt Performance (TM)Jackson 8 - excellent performance. always made problems for forest, and Surman 9 - excellent. needed to be after last gameCrofts 7 - bustlingR Martin 8 - good going forward, but also great at the back this time, unlike v. watfordLappin 6 - no real impact; not enough timeLansbury 7 - got into good positionsEdwards

7 - one last ditch clearance. I think that was him at least. Don''t

think he did anything else, but that was all he needed to do.Forest 8 - a good side! surprised they''re not up there with us right now.Lambert 8 - right decisions at the right times - although I wanted to see McNamee!!Referee 9 - allowed the game to flow, meaning this was one of the most exciting games i''ve seen norwich involved in for a while[/quote]Surman, yes, spot on Kolin, he was superb tonight.

[quote user="Kolin Kob"]

Fox 6 - anonymous I thought. though I didn''t see him do too much wrong
 [/quote]

Perhaps worth a 7 if only for the fantastic ball he delivered for Holt''s goal.

I thought Hooly was a bit off tonight, in that a lot of his clever stuff didn''t come off - a lot did, just not up to his usual amazing success rate. Probably needed this game to fine tune his passing. Also, Forest were giving him a lot of attention; obviously very worried about what he could do to them.

Holt showed just why he is the talisman he is. Without running about as much as usual he seemed to be everywhere - holding the ball up well up front and then tracking back to defensive duties. Scored a typical Holty goal and great pass for Surman''s effort.

Hoolahan - just makes things happen - shows how much we''ve missed him.

Jackson deserved his start, was a problem for the Forest defence all night unlucky not to be on the score sheet at least twice.

Ruddy still makes me kind of nervous - not because of the goal - but when he fanny farts about with the ball at his feet. Nearly got caught out on a couple of occasions.

Rest of the team were on top form also against a very good side. Fox did seem a bit anonymous as mentioned.

We have a good squad that we can chop and change without too much disruption. Especially when you have the likes of Pacheco and Lansbury on the bench. 

For me, Surman was man of the match and must also mention good performances from Jackson, Holt and Fox.

I also felt Hoolahan played well but maybe a little short of his absolute best, probably still carrying a slight knock...but we need him!

Amazingly, we could afford to leave the likes of Pacheco, Vokes and McNamee on the bench last night! What a luxury!

Ruddy - 6, harsh to blame him for the goal, dealt with everything else without fuss.

R.Martin - 7, up and down all night

Ward - 8, rock and cut out the usual moment of sloppiness

Whitbread - 8, class act

Tierney - 8, amazing that Drury doesn''t get a look in

Fox - 7, not his usual self, credit to Forest for the pressing

Crofts - 7, steady

Surman - 9, fantastic movement, touch and creativity

Hoolahan - 7, quiet by his standards, good to get 85mins under belt

Holt - 8, nothing needs to be said

Jackson - 8, tireless running and movement, deserved a goal.

Lansbury - 6, sloppy.

At the back I thought Ruddy Tierney & Martin were very solid, in the middle surman and Hoolahan were impressive and up front holt immense with only one really working leg.

I thought crofts & fox were below par and were bettered by their midfield while whitbread & ward had some individual solid moments in amongst the number of opportunities the forest strikers made for themselves.

Up front Jackson gave his all, best performance I have seen from him.