Sign in to follow this  
Matt Morriss

Tin hat at the ready!

Great win last night i went mental at the end, very hard fought win and reminded me of a 1-0 win at home over Burnley in the Worthy promotion season.

Under the cosh a lot and not allowed to dominate the game, Forest were that good. Great defending tho, especially the last ditch tackle at the death, that was offside anyway, by Ward? Im goin for 2nd but playoffs wont be a disaster.

Anyway the Tin hat thing is do with Surman and really is a talking piece for a saturday morning rather than a negative criticism. I posted on another thread that Surman hadnt been fantastic and simply neat and tidy so far and in fact had not once been a contender for the man of the match in the 10 or so games he''s played since coming back from injury.

So the point is did Surman bust a gut and finally put in a match winning performance last night purely because maybe he''s finally fully match fit and sharp or has he just been sitting in the comfort zone as his place is never under threat, and all of sudden McNamee comes on for him v Watford and plays well, so Surman ups his work rate and performance level last night?

Again not a criticism just an obvservational talking point, and at the risk of being negative i hope its the former because it doesnt sit well with me that Surmans surprise man of the match performance last night was all down to being replaced by Macca v Watford.

Well thats a load of tosh because in that season we played Burnley at home in September. The score was 2 - 0, and it was Huckerbys first game for Norwich

[quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"]Christ Tom what a f u c @ing to$$er you are, and a prime example of why this forum is so c rap nowadays.[/quote]

Actually i think you will find that is more of an example of why the forum is ''so c rap nowadays'' Thats your response to any reply you don''t like.

And also, on your point. I think its probably fitness. Look how long it took Holt to get fully going this season. Surman didn''t play much last season either, so after missing half the season with a injury was never going to come back strong immediately.

Maybe he also plays better with Hoolahan, could be why he wasn''t very effective against Swansea or Watford.

But i don''t think Macnamee would be starting ahead of Surman anyway, he would not really fit in there very well for a whole game, when we need to get a goal or two, yes bring him on anywhere he can be effective from, but Surman i think, would only really have to worry about Lappin over taking him, but not much chance of that now.

[quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"]Christ Tom what a f u c @ing to$$er you are, and a prime example of why this forum is so c rap nowadays.[/quote]I see that tin hat''s working out well for you then.

[quote user="Huckerbys Boots Matt"]Christ Tom what a f u c @ing to$$er you are, and a prime example of why this forum is so c rap nowadays.[/quote]I see that tin hat''s working out well for you then.