Sign in to follow this  
Excited Canary

The ref

I thought was as good as all our players tonight! I think he pretty much got every single decision right, and played some good advantages. I wish we could have ref''s the quality of him every week.Well done lads, brilliant performance. Our attitude tonight was incredible, the lads just don''t know when to stop.Onwards & upwards.OTBC [Y]

Ge got stick from the crowd for the first 30 mins but didn''t notice him then, which is always a good thing for him.

He was good, but to be fair, I can''t recall us discussing a poor ref for quite a few games. Or am I forgetting something?

Are we benefitting from our league position and being given some of the better refs in this division?

You''ve got a short memory we have had some real incompetents too many to remember examples, Ilderton and D''Urso of recent memory as e.g.  Yesterdays ref was good because he wasn''t the centre of attention only added to an excellent match.

Agree, thought he was excellent.  He seemed very physically fit (as in healthy, not as in any manlove kind of way) which meant he was always up with the play in what was quite an end to end game.

My memory is not short Pete, which is why I said the past few games. The instances you refer to were a while ago now. What I meant was, we are often discussing referees and usually for the wrong reasons. During the past few games, we have not I don''t think. Which would go to prove that the standard of refereeing has been better. Would you not agree?

The ref at Watford was a nob, Watford continually time wasted, especially by kicking the ball away, and he did nothing to put a halt to it, a booking and it would have stopped.

Personally i thought the ref was poor.

He missed too many challenges, should have had his cards out for a couple of them and when he did play one or two of the advantages he should have gone back after the advantage and booked - or at least spoken to - the player who committed the challenge.

But we won thats all that matters, i''m not too bothered.

can''t remember if it was last night or at Watford where the referee constantly moved where the throw in was being taken even if the player was standing in the right position.

Not really the ref''s fault this but Surman''s goal was clearly offside and Simeon Jackson''s goal was clearly onside, who said things don''t even themselves out in football